Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots up next......latest news from OBP/Press Conferences/news/interviews « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : August 21, 2012, 06:18:17 AM

So Ron Brace might get cut from the Pats? I remember a lot of folks here were real hih on him coming out of BC

Just a blogger's point of view (b/r isn't reliable, it seems).

I'm thinking Coach S will pick up a few free agents as cuts are made on other teams -

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 21, 2012, 10:45:32 AM

This will be a good indication of where this team is at. Coaches can talk all they want about being tough and physical but if the players don't play that way it'll be another long season.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#17 : August 21, 2012, 10:54:17 AM

After watching the patriots second string easily handle the eagles first string all night... I'm a little nervous.

As fans we should be. Pats under Bill B have proven year after year they can draft and develop talent in all rounds of the draft. Something the front office and coaching staff here in Tampa has failed to do year after year. The Pats gather up picks, and turn those picks into NFL caliber players, and have a deep roster. The Bucs have a few players with potential (Freeman, Williams, Blount, martin, Barron, Talib & Clayborn) but not much else. Potential is good on draft day, but unless it's developed and groomed it's worthless.

Hopefully the few practices witht he Pats will rub off on the players and show them how a real NFL team practices, and prepares to be successful.

Formerly known as T

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 21, 2012, 11:09:02 AM

After watching the patriots second string easily handle the eagles first string all night... I'm a little nervous.

Why be nervous?  While I think we are heading down the right path with Schiano I don't think any of us thought we'd be equal to a SB contender like the Pats.  I fully expect them to school us a little but what I am hoping to see is a group of starters that will give up a damn good fight.  A game like this is perfect for Schiano to see what he has in this team and what he still needs to add to compete with the elite teams in the NFL.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 21, 2012, 11:23:16 AM

Just like last year's game against the Pats was indicative to our play during the regular season, I believe the play during this game will show what kind of team we have this year.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 21, 2012, 11:29:53 AM

We started off 4-2 and beat a good NOLA team last October.  Its not we were bad all season long last year. Just the last 10 games or so.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#21 : August 21, 2012, 11:43:56 AM

We started off 4-2 and beat a good NOLA team last October.  Its not we were bad all season long last year. Just the last 10 games or so.

Being horrible 10 out of 16 games is not a good ratio. That 4-2 start was great but it seems like such a long time ago, almost like a dream.

Formerly known as T

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 21, 2012, 01:07:14 PM

What are the chances that Morgana creates the "official gameday thread" before Thursday?....

I'll bet it's anywhere between 12:01AM to 6:59AM on Friday.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 21, 2012, 01:11:07 PM

What are the chances that Morgana creates the "official gameday thread" before Thursday?....

It's something I like to do mostly because I'm hyped up for the game and I'm ready to talk about it.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 21, 2012, 01:12:40 PM

Being horrible 10 out of 16 games is not a good ratio. That 4-2 start was great but it seems like such a long time ago, almost like a dream.

My point is that the New England trouncing wasn't predictive of an awful season. We started off strong, beat a good team, then went south when all we could depend on was Blount, Williams, and Winslow (EG hurt, McCoy hurt).

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 21, 2012, 01:32:00 PM

It's something I like to do mostly because I'm hyped up for the game and I'm ready to talk about it.

Meh I appreciate the gameday threads. Helps keep it all in one spot.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 21, 2012, 01:35:16 PM

Im a little nervous about this game. I know its preseason but Im a little afraid the pats are gonna come in here and embarrass this team again like last year. Im just hoping its not that bad lol.

sandogbuc

Second String

#27 : August 21, 2012, 01:35:30 PM

I like the gameday threads, easy one stop shop to see what everyone is thinking during the game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 21, 2012, 03:06:32 PM

Meh I appreciate the gameday threads. Helps keep it all in one spot.

I like the gameday threads, easy one stop shop to see what everyone is thinking during the game.

You guys are missing the point.  It's not about the Gameday threads, it's about Morgana racing to be the one who starts them because she likes to see her name at the top of the board.  She and Beatles used to cat-fight over it. 

I'm counting on S&B to swoop in and steal the supposed glory.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 21, 2012, 03:10:43 PM

Okay, you're upset. I'll promise to stop the threads and allow others to start them.  Didn't realize I was taking away from others pleasure - I'm just up very early every day and it's something I do.  Thought it was a good way to consolidate threads into one to avoid overload.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots up next......latest news from OBP/Press Conferences/news/interviews « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools