Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots up next......latest news from OBP/Press Conferences/news/interviews « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 21, 2012, 03:15:24 PM

Have at it...it's just gonna suck when in the 3rd qtr, your other personality takes over and decides to lock the thread.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 21, 2012, 03:15:58 PM

I dont care who starts them. Morgan if your gonna start them include the kickoff time. I have found myself looking it up. Thanks.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 21, 2012, 03:16:13 PM

After watching the patriots second string easily handle the eagles first string all night... I'm a little nervous.

lol

I was a little nervous (after seeing what our depth looks like) before seeing the Pats second team.

We could see a repeat of last year's preseason game against the Pats...maybe worse...

Our depth is down right god awful...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 21, 2012, 03:20:46 PM

"Um, Mr. Brady, can we line up?" ---Gerald McCoy.

Will be an interesting week leading up to Friday night. I understand the Pats will be at One Buc to practice with the Bucs. Wouldn't that be a great practice to witness. Wonder if there's any waiting rooms at St Joseph's Women's Hospital adjacent to the practice field overlooking the field.  Will be interesting to read up the beat writer's reports. And with Demps recent signing, thing might even be a little more interesting.

Being that you're a nurse, you should have the hookup!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

El Diablo

Starter

#34 : August 21, 2012, 03:25:57 PM

I dont care who starts them. Morgan if your gonna start them include the kickoff time. I have found myself looking it up. Thanks.

Seriously I read the game day thread after every game and have never once noticed who starts them..

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 21, 2012, 04:12:42 PM

They just released Fanene.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 21, 2012, 04:14:54 PM

After watching the patriots second string easily handle the eagles first string all night... I'm a little nervous.

lol

I was a little nervous (after seeing what our depth looks like) before seeing the Pats second team.

We could see a repeat of last year's preseason game against the Pats...maybe worse...

Our depth is down right god awful...
. Hell, they have had like 3 2nd round picks every year for the last 5 or so it seems.  They should have depth.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 21, 2012, 04:47:04 PM

The funny thing is, as good as the Patriots are....they are not great at drafting like people think. They are good at stock piling picks, but if you look at their picks since Belicheat took over they really haven't done well. Maybe average at best.

I've been driving that train for many years now.  Belichick's drafting abilities have been overrated, but he is good at moving around in the draft.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 21, 2012, 04:48:20 PM

They have had some fairly high misses but they have also hit some homeruns.  Since Dom has taken over no homeruns for us.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 21, 2012, 05:01:38 PM

The funny thing is, as good as the Patriots are....they are not great at drafting like people think. They are good at stock piling picks, but if you look at their picks since Belicheat took over they really haven't done well. Maybe average at best.

Well Belicheat has been in New England for over a decade while Dom is in his 4th year as GM....I would hope Bill has more hits in the draft.
Belichick used to be great. His classes from 2000-2005 had some good-to-amazing players, but after that things have been pretty spotty with the exception of Gronkowski. If you compare his first four classes to Dominik's it's not even funny with Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Matt Light, Ty Warren, Asante Samuel, and Dan Koppen.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tog

Pro Bowler
#40 : August 21, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

I've been driving that train for many years now.  Belichick's drafting abilities have been overrated, but he is good at moving around in the draft.

Belichick knows what most people like to ignore - that draft is a big crapshoot.  He stockpiles picks because he knows statistically few of them will pan out.  Smart guy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 21, 2012, 05:13:40 PM

Belichick knows what most people like to ignore - that draft is a big crapshoot.  He stockpiles picks because he knows statistically few of them will pan out.  Smart guy.
That's been a more recent motif. In the early days they largely used the picks they had and got some really good players with them. You can definitely argue they got too cute moving down every time and lost out on some good players. I'm not looking them all up right now, but I do know the pick Green Bay acquired to draft Clay Mathews came from New England. Could you imagine Mathews on any of these pass rush-deprived recent Patriots teams? They probably could have won another Super Bowl with him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 22, 2012, 07:18:12 AM

Looks like Pats will rest main starters against Iggles tonight to keep them fresh for friday. Good measuring stick for our young team.

Good whipping stick you mean ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 22, 2012, 10:00:31 AM

Quite bumping your stupid thread.  If anyone starts discussing football you'll probably lock it up again.  Jdubs s thread is the one people should use.

Signed

Starter

#44 : August 22, 2012, 12:46:55 PM

There are more, but here's some that stood out for me:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Josh Freeman says he enjoyed watching Tom Brady operate today and seeing up close how Brady goes about his pre-snap reads and calls.

Tom Krasniqi
I asked #Pats QB Tom Brady about #Bucs defense: "A lot of very good players, some veteran players..They have a very good team"

Tom Krasniqi
Just to clarify, Brady's comments on #Bucs were sort of matter of fact. Maybe he's just trying to be nice. That's how I perceived it

Tom Krasniqi
#Patriots QB Tom Brady says Tampa visit isn't a vacation...No activities planned. Pats are here on business
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots up next......latest news from OBP/Press Conferences/news/interviews « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools