Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants might have a locker-room problem...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: August 19, 2012, 05:20:42 PM

The Giants might have a locker-room problem.

USATODAY
By Kathy Willens, AP

Punter Steve Weatherford posted a video to Twitter that shows defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul carrying cornerback Prince Amukamara through the Giants' facility and tossing him recklessly into a cold tub, with no regard for the possibility that one (or two) of the team's key defensive players could get hurt.

During the trip through halls and doors, some players chanted, "Cold tub! Cold tub!" while others helped Pierre-Paul squeeze Amukamara's legs through doorways.

Someone shouts, "Prince, what're you doing, fool?"

Says another: "This is ridiculous, dawg."

The unanswered questions: Is this just an innocent prank, or will dissension linger?

And what led to the dumping?

From the evidence, it doesn't appear to be a good-natured prank. Amukamara, who didn't put up a fight as he was being carried on Pierre-Paul's shoulders, appears angry when he climbs out of the tub and wipes the water from his eyes, as a teammate taunts him by saying, "You better stand up for yourself. Stand up for yourself."

The original Twitter video was taken down for violating harassment policies. But it can be seen here (warning: some explicit language can be heard toward the end of the video).

http://www.vumee.com/members/video/2014/779

(from USATODAY.com)
: August 19, 2012, 05:34:38 PM morgan

Buc7

Rookie

#1 : August 19, 2012, 06:18:14 PM

Wow!!! Thats crazzzyyyy

TheQ

Starter

#2 : August 19, 2012, 06:22:54 PM

using the N word repeatedly is okay tho?????

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 19, 2012, 06:28:03 PM

the "problem" was that it was posted on youtube

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Shadow

Starter

#4 : August 19, 2012, 06:28:45 PM

Offer the Giants a 7th for JPP. Problem solved.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 19, 2012, 06:38:11 PM

Gotta think Prince might be kickin' Weatherford's ass.

TheQ

Starter

#6 : August 19, 2012, 06:39:25 PM

From profootballtalk:

"Ultimately, Pierre-Paul dumped Amukamara into a cold tub, Amukamara emerged with a look on his face that didnt convey amusement, other players continued to urge him (in mocking fashion) to stand up for himself, and Pierre-Paul strutted past the camera saying, Fk that n-r ass, man.  He aint gonna do sh-t to me, n-r.  Fk that n-r.

There is no place in the NFL for that.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 19, 2012, 06:50:01 PM

I thought I also read that Amukamara was thrown into the cold tub like 8 times last year as well.

Buc7

Rookie

#8 : August 19, 2012, 06:58:59 PM

Unfortunately that is how we speak in our community. That's how we communicate with one another. I understand how people can look at it as hypocritical but that's our reality. One of my jobs I work is in a predominately white community and hear hear white people referring to themselves a cxxxkas and whitetrxxx. I think that too is crazy. Lets not make a big deal about it. Lets just agree all of us have issues.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 19, 2012, 07:34:12 PM

That is going to over from a PR standpoint like a fart in church.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 19, 2012, 07:35:03 PM

Offer the Giants a 7th for JPP. Problem solved.

So he can do the same to Barron or bloody Barron's face if Barron doesn't comply?    I doubt Schiano will go for that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 19, 2012, 07:52:13 PM

JPP > Price

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 19, 2012, 08:15:07 PM

Nice to see Super Bowl winning athletes behaving like 12 year olds on a playground.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 19, 2012, 08:23:17 PM

using the N word repeatedly is okay tho?????

Who says it's okay? but really most football players come from the inner city it's a culture thing to some.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 19, 2012, 08:28:15 PM

I guarantee you that JPP gets called into the coaches office for a chat about that incident.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants might have a locker-room problem...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools