Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#150 : August 25, 2012, 10:51:34 AM

Wanna meet at a Bucs game and fight about it?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#151 : August 25, 2012, 11:01:46 AM

I find it odd that some require definitive proof that life begins at conception, rather than whatever random week, month, trimester, etc in which they claim it begins, without a consensus from the scientific community supporting this. Since there is no consensus, maybe we should play it safe? If the anti-abortion crowd is wrong then a whole lotta people get a shot a life. If the pro-abortion crowd is wrong, then millions are killed at the expense of convenience. That being said, it should be a state issue, and not a federal one.

I think being aborted would suck.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#152 : August 25, 2012, 02:23:47 PM

Wanna meet at a Bucs game and fight about it play ring around the rosie?

fixed it for you

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#153 : August 25, 2012, 02:25:08 PM

I find it odd that some require definitive proof that life begins at conception, rather than whatever random week, month, trimester, etc in which they claim it begins, without a consensus from the scientific community supporting this. Since there is no consensus, maybe we should play it safe? If the anti-abortion crowd is wrong then a whole lotta people get a shot a life. If the pro-abortion crowd is wrong, then millions are killed at the expense of convenience. That being said, it should be a state issue, and not a federal one.

I think being aborted would suck.

I agree, but apparently some around here do not

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#154 : August 25, 2012, 05:09:43 PM

abortion is not a state issue or a federal issue. It's a mothers issue. If she doesn't want to carry a baby in her stomach for 9 months, why should she need permission from anyone else?
anyone who demands permission from said women needs to sit in prision until they appreciate what "free choice" means.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

spartan

Hall of Famer
#155 : August 25, 2012, 05:52:34 PM

That's really irrelevant given that I am not the one calling for a ban.

No it is not irrelevant, and this is aimed at wreck as well, because I am willing to wager that you would agree that at some point a womans' "right to choose" ends and the decision to abort her pregnancy is no longer legally hers (except in extenuating circumstances). Let's say a day before she is due to give birth? Yes, Yes I know, it would never happen but it does demonstrate that for most sane people there is a point where the fetus becomes a living person and terminating it would be morally wrong. Therefore the argument is not if abortion is wrong, but what at point does it become unacceptable? For some it is  at conception, others at varying stages of the pregnancy.

Here's a question to put things into perspective. If I punch your 3 month pregnant wife/girlfriend in the stomach and she miscarries, would you be upset if I was charged with a common assault, after it's not like I just killed your baby or anything is it?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#156 : August 25, 2012, 08:14:26 PM

abortion is not a state issue or a federal issue. It's a mothers issue. If she doesn't want to carry a baby in her stomach for 9 months, why should she need permission from anyone else?
anyone who demands permission from said women needs to sit in prision until they appreciate what "free choice" means.

Then don't get pregnant.  If you do not want to have a baby, then make the "free choice" to utilize birth control.    Why does she get to choose for the baby and the father?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#157 : August 25, 2012, 09:51:46 PM

Then don't get pregnant.  If you do not want to have a baby, then make the "free choice" to utilize birth control.    Why does she get to choose for the baby and the father?
I agree. Dont get pregnant. But **CENSORED** happens and when it does, its her who has to carry the baby and deal with the medical issues of pregnancy and not the father. Thats why she gets to choose. Thank god that most pregnant women choose to carry the baby the whole term.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#158 : August 25, 2012, 10:18:15 PM

Sorry, that's just a B$ explanation for me.  She shouldn't get to play "God" just because she didn't take the proper precautions.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#159 : August 26, 2012, 01:39:39 AM

Sorry, that's just a B$ explanation for me.  She shouldn't get to play "God" just because she didn't take the proper precautions.
Wether she should or shouldn't doesn't matter. What matters is the serenity to accept the things you can't control like some pregant women getting an abortion. If a women WANTS to get an abortion, law or no law, she's gonna get an abortion.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#160 : August 26, 2012, 03:53:53 AM

That's really irrelevant given that I am not the one calling for a ban.

No it is not irrelevant, and this is aimed at wreck as well, because I am willing to wager that you would agree that at some point a womans' "right to choose" ends and the decision to abort her pregnancy is no longer legally hers (except in extenuating circumstances). Let's say a day before she is due to give birth? Yes, Yes I know, it would never happen but it does demonstrate that for most sane people there is a point where the fetus becomes a living person and terminating it would be morally wrong. Therefore the argument is not if abortion is wrong, but what at point does it become unacceptable? For some it is  at conception, others at varying stages of the pregnancy.

I get what you are saying, but here's the thing, a mother choosing to abort a baby 9 months into her pregnancy for no apparent reason is already against the law. No one on the Pro-Choice side is trying to change that. It's the Anti-Choice side who are trying to change the law, therefor it's their side that needs to prove that there is a need to change the law to take that choice away.

Here's a question to put things into perspective. If I punch your 3 month pregnant wife/girlfriend in the stomach and she miscarries, would you be upset if I was charged with a common assault, after it's not like I just killed your baby or anything is it?

I'd hope that you are charged with a bit more than that, however, Murder 1 wouldn't be the correct charge in this situation either. The law varies from state to state, but generally speaking, it can only be charged as murder if A) it can be proven that the defendant actually knew or had reason to believe that the woman was pregnant, and B) if the assault occurred after the 1st trimester. I'm good with that.

Here's a question for you. Say the anti-choice side get their way, and that a pregnant woman decides to get an abortion in Canada after abortion is deemed illegal in the US. Upon return, does the mother get arrested and tried for murder?
: August 26, 2012, 03:57:38 AM CBWx2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#161 : August 26, 2012, 08:53:44 AM

Here's a question for you. Say the anti-choice side get their way, and that a pregnant woman decides to get an abortion in Canada after abortion is deemed illegal in the US. Upon return, does the mother get arrested and tried for murder?

Why do you keep asking patently absurd questions like this?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#162 : August 26, 2012, 10:57:24 AM

Now we all know the answer to that question

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#163 : August 26, 2012, 10:58:15 AM

Wether she should or shouldn't doesn't matter. What matters is the serenity to accept the things you can't control like some pregant women getting an abortion. If a women WANTS to get an abortion, law or no law, she's gonna get an abortion.

True, we should probably get rid of all laws then

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#164 : August 26, 2012, 12:25:23 PM

If I was to take my infant child to Canada and toss it in a dumpster and it died due to exposure, would I not be arrested and charged with murder upon return? We are talking about treating abortion as though it were infanticide, are we not? Why is that an absurd question?

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools