Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#195 : August 26, 2012, 07:17:22 PM

In case I haven't been clear enough, I'm also advocating for the guys from Team America: World Police to travel throughout the globe to seek out all women who have abortions, or have had an abortion at any point in the past, and bring them back to try and convict them of murder-one.  Their sentence will, obviously, be death.  And I'm also advocating their death by a firing squad of one:  Biggs3535.

The point of my questions is that Biggs has made the argument that abortion should be illegal because it is the murder of an unborn child. There are laws that already exist that cover murder, so if abortion is murder, it need not be subject to it's own set of laws. It should simply be classified as another form of murder.

Now if you are backing down on that, as your current statement suggests, then perhaps you should just admit that the reason that you want abortion outlawed isn't because it is murder, but rather because it disagrees with your sensibilities, and you want everyone else to be subject to your sensibilities, lest they suffer legal consequences for not complying with your set of sensibilities.

That is the crux of this issue. Those who cry murder can't really prove irrefutably that it is murder, nor do they have the fortitude to actually prosecute young pregnant women who seek abortions or receive abortions as they would someone who conspired to murder or who actually committed murder. They cry that it is murder, but then want another set of rules for enforcement that fall short of what currently exist for actual murder.

Sh@t or get off the pot. Unless you want to start frying teenage girls on Ole Sparky for getting a back alley abortion or for aborting a baby in another country, thus committing murder of a US citizen on foreign land, then perhaps the murder rhetoric is simply meant as an inflammatory term to promote a religious agenda.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#196 : August 26, 2012, 08:03:31 PM

In case I haven't been clear enough, I'm also advocating for the guys from Team America: World Police to travel throughout the globe to seek out all women who have abortions, or have had an abortion at any point in the past, and bring them back to try and convict them of murder-one.  Their sentence will, obviously, be death.  And I'm also advocating their death by a firing squad of one:  Biggs3535.

Now if you are backing down on that, as your current statement suggests

My above statement suggests that you are being absurd.  Patently absurd.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#197 : August 26, 2012, 08:05:43 PM

I can't remember are we talking about morals and ethics or codification of law?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#198 : August 26, 2012, 10:42:49 PM

The point of my questions is that Biggs has made the argument that abortion should be illegal because it is the murder of an unborn child. There are laws that already exist that cover murder, so if abortion is murder, it need not be subject to it's own set of laws. It should simply be classified as another form of murder.

Now if you are backing down on that, as your current statement suggests, then perhaps you should just admit that the reason that you want abortion outlawed isn't because it is murder, but rather because it disagrees with your sensibilities, and you want everyone else to be subject to your sensibilities, lest they suffer legal consequences for not complying with your set of sensibilities.

That is the crux of this issue. Those who cry murder can't really prove irrefutably that it is murder, nor do they have the fortitude to actually prosecute young pregnant women who seek abortions or receive abortions as they would someone who conspired to murder or who actually committed murder. They cry that it is murder, but then want another set of rules for enforcement that fall short of what currently exist for actual murder.

Sh@t or get off the pot. Unless you want to start frying teenage girls on Ole Sparky for getting a back alley abortion or for aborting a baby in another country, thus committing murder of a US citizen on foreign land, then perhaps the murder rhetoric is simply meant as an inflammatory term to promote a religious agenda.

lol

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#199 : August 26, 2012, 11:06:23 PM

I didn't say that they had absolute power to prosecute anyone committing a crime anywhere.

then the US would absolutely have the power to prosecute for murder any person who was caught having received an abortion, even if it was in another country.

absolutely -- have the power -- prosecute for murder any person -- even if it was in another country

::)

: August 26, 2012, 11:09:55 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#200 : August 27, 2012, 02:06:50 AM

I didn't say that they had absolute power to prosecute anyone committing a crime anywhere.

then the US would absolutely have the power to prosecute for murder any person who was caught having received an abortion, even if it was in another country.

absolutely -- have the power -- prosecute for murder any person -- even if it was in another country

::)

Oh give me a freaking break. The part of the statement that you deliberately left off...

"if a US national kills another US national overseas, the only time the US Attorney General cannot bring charges against the perpetrator is if the nation in which the crime is committed levies charges of their own. If they do, then the US cannot supersede their jurisdiction. If they do not, then it's fair game to extradite them or prosecute them upon their return.

So unless Canada decides to start prosecuting American mothers for receiving abortions..."

You know damn well I was speaking strickly about US citizens that commit murders in a foreign country, not anyone in the world. You have the nerve to sit here and start arguments over semantics and then accuse me of being a black hole?

???

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#201 : March 29, 2013, 09:50:06 AM

Let's start arresting all women who have abortions, and their mates for donating the sperm and funds to help pay for the abortion. Then, we can start arresting people for unpaid debts, not going to church, and smoking cigarettes.

And, since we already imprison people for decades for pot possession, we can just go ahead and put up razor wire along both our coasts and along our northern and southern borders as this whole damn country would be one large ass prison.

Anymore ways we can come up with to incarcerate people, count me in.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#202 : March 29, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

Well, that contribution was well worth reaching all the way back to August for.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#203 : April 01, 2013, 09:36:47 AM

I have no clue how I ended up in this thread. All I remember was reading through another thread (recently locked) involving Olaf and Vin and their never-ending battle for God knows what, and next thing I know I am posting my response to an abortion thread. Weird.

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools