Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants might have a locker-room problem (continued) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

youngone

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 20, 2012, 07:31:38 PM

Not entirely true... Asian chicks can call me that all night if they want. I won't mind at all.. Its appropriate in that situation lol

It's usually asian guys saying it.   Are you interested?
No thanks.. It ain't that kind of party..

Just to be clear, So you wouldn't like this guy calling you the N word?

nope.. That would be inappropriate just like you said  :D

Keep sticking up for my people Java.. You da man brotha!
: August 20, 2012, 07:34:31 PM youngone

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : August 20, 2012, 07:33:17 PM

Ya.   To be honest, I wouldn't want that guy talking to me at all.  LOL!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 20, 2012, 07:48:12 PM

You know what's ridiculous?   Those black guys using the N word are perpetuating the use of it.    Out here in Asia, they see American movies and the black guys always use that N word to describe each other.   So the Asians think that is acceptable.   Whenever an Asian out here describes a black guy to me, they don't refer to them as a black guy, they refer to them using the N word.    I tell them that word is not appropriate for a non-black person to say and that they should say "black" instead of that.    They are always shocked by that and ask why black people call each other that if they are offended by the word.   

True story.
IDK what part of Asia youre in but this never happens in Bangkok. Maybe because Im black they dont need to say it directly to me. They walk up to a guy like you and say hey have you seen that **CENSORED** guy? Yea thats probably how it goes. And exactly what movie has come out recently that uses **CENSORED** as a"description". Ive seen several movies where blacks refer to each other as **CENSORED**, but thats not a description. Much in the same way JPP used it, its just slang, similar to several other words used like dog, homie or whatever. To me if they saw a movie with guys saying wassup **CENSORED** they would take it as slang not as a description. Thats if they are as truly clueless as you make them out to be but we all know Asains have the highest IQ as a race.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 20, 2012, 07:52:44 PM

IDK what part of Asia youre in but this never happens in Bangkok.

Your experience is likely different than his because he's a liar that has most likely never been outside of the US and would definitely never associate with non-whites, even if he had gone to Asia.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 20, 2012, 07:53:42 PM

I'm mainly referring to Indonesia. 

In Bangkok, they call black guy's "buffalo".   (Not to their face, because it's quite an insult.)     And many bars in Bangkok will pull the "sorry, members only" line when black, indian or arabic guys try to come in.   So it's actually a bit racist there.    Indonesians aren't racist at all, but they pick up that N word from movies and use it.     

Are you in Bangkok now?   I'm in Jakarta now, but fly to Bangkok today.   

buchead

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 20, 2012, 07:54:19 PM

IDK what part of Asia youre in but this never happens in Bangkok.

Your experience is likely different than his because he's a liar that has most likely never been outside of the US and would definitely never associate with non-whites, even if he had gone to Asia.
lol

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 20, 2012, 07:55:05 PM

The fact that some of you are using the word "she" in reference to Morgan who everyone knows is a guy just shows your hatred and invalidates your posts.

I thought i read somewhere on here that he/she was a nurse and assumed. Oh well, we all know about assumptions. My bad.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 20, 2012, 07:55:19 PM

Spoolios doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.   Never has.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 20, 2012, 08:00:25 PM

I'm mainly referring to Indonesia. 

In Bangkok, they call black guy's "buffalo".   (Not to their face, because it's quite an insult.)     And many bars in Bangkok will pull the "sorry, members only" line when black, indian or arabic guys try to come in.   So it's actually a bit racist there.    Indonesians aren't racist at all, but they pick up that N word from movies and use it.     

Are you in Bangkok now?   I fly there today.   
Oh no. Ive been to bars and Bangkok and Im treated better there than if I would go to a bar here in the states. My older brother (17 years in the military) says its because we stand out, and usually they do see black guys only in movies as you pointed out. Maybe I just havent been to the right part but the few time Ive been there Ive enjoyed myself. My brother can fly literally anywhere in the world when he has the time, and other than maybe Germany(He married  some woman over there in his very first deployment years ago), he frequents Asia more than any other place.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 20, 2012, 08:03:24 PM

I've been to Bangkok at least 100 times and live in Indonesia.   So I know what I'm talking about. 

You have been to bars in Bangkok?   Which ones?    There are many bars in Bangkok that will pull the "sorry, members only" to black guys who are not hanging out with a white guy.   I'm not saying it's right that they do that, but it's a fact.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 20, 2012, 08:05:14 PM

I will say that if they realize you are an american black, they will let you in.   It's the African Blacks they do not want.   

buchead

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 20, 2012, 08:17:51 PM

I will say that if they realize you are an american black, they will let you in.   It's the African Blacks they do not want.   
Well Im not from Africa so I cant deny or confirm that, but I will repeat that I have never been discriminated against because of my skin tone. Maybe because Ive only stayed two weeks at a time, or maybe because Im a tourist and Im in heavy tourist areas, or maybe your just making things up and wasting my time. fact is, i can go to a bar in America and be turned away because of my skin if I look hard enough. My whole point to you is that your saying a whole race of people have a problem with black people and thats just not true. In fact why are you "supposedly" explaining to asains that **CENSORED** is offensive to blacks if they are so racist and dont like blacks? Never mind, dont answer that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 20, 2012, 08:28:52 PM

What are you even talking about?    When did I ever say a whole race of people have a problem with black people?     I said they refer to blacks as the N word because they get that from movies.   They do it innocently thinking that is not an insult to use the N word.   They don't have a "problem" with black people.   But they do refer to them using the N word, not meaning it as an insult in any way.   

I explain to them that is racist to use the N word because they don't realize it.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 20, 2012, 08:33:18 PM

The locker room incident is not a race issue. Get back on topic

This guy...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 20, 2012, 08:34:15 PM

The locker room incident is not a race issue. Get back on topic

Considering the initial post in this thread wasn't "on topic" with the title, is it even possible to get back "on topic" in this thread?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants might have a locker-room problem (continued) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools