Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preview HBO’s Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : August 20, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »

Preview HBO’s Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden

HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel will profile ESPN’s Jon Gruden on Tuesday, Aug. 21, at 9 p.m. ET.

Gumbel, the show’s host and reporter for this story, recently travelled to Gruden’s office in Tampa, Fla. — affectionately dubbed the Fired Football Coaches Association (the FFCA, as discussed in this Gruden podcast) — to interview the Super Bowl-winning coach and current Monday Night Football analyst. They discuss Gruden’s coaching background, his ESPN analyst role and other topics.

Preview the feature in the video below.

Tonight in Foxborough, Mass., Gruden will join play-by-play commentator Mike Tirico and the rest of ESPN’s MNF crew to present the Philadelphia Eagles-New England Patriots preseason matchup (8 p.m., ESPN, ESPN Deportes, WatchESPN).

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 20, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »

I, for one, can't wait to see him back on the sideline...giving those priceless dirty looks.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 20, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

I, for one, can't wait to see him back on the sideline...giving those priceless dirty looks.

But is he like Billick and Cowher? I'm not sure they've been offered jobs.
« : August 20, 2012, 09:53:58 PM tripblood »

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 20, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »

Best coach this team ever had.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 20, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »

But is he like Bellick and Cowher? I'm not sure they've been offered jobs.

If he wanted to be back coaching...he would be coaching. Personally, I think he is waiting for the right opportunity. Cowboys or Eagles...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 20, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »

Holder and Stroud comment...........

Rick Stroud‏@NFLSTROUD

Watched HBO's Real Sports segment on Jon Gruden. Says he's had job offers in NFL and college. Doesn't rule out coaching again

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

Promise I was not Gumbel's source!

Watch MT @MacN_ESPN: "Real Sports w/ Bryant Gumbel" profiles Jon Gruden.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 21, 2012, 07:09:15 AM »

Get real. He lucked into a situation where he beat his old team with Dungy/Kiffin's old team.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 21, 2012, 07:11:59 AM »

Do I want to be the best? Hell Yeah. You are the best Jon. Best Coach in Bucs history, maybe best coach of all time. Only guy i'd put ahead would be Lombardi and that's pushing it.

Actually, I agree.   I'd put Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Shula, Noll and Landry up there as well though.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

« #8 : August 21, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »

Do I want to be the best? Hell Yeah. You are the best Jon. Best Coach in Bucs history, maybe best coach of all time. Only guy i'd put ahead would be Lombardi and that's pushing it.

Actually, I agree.   I'd put Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Shula, Noll and Landry up there as well though.

It's like Java "found" a soul mate. Love of Gruden- Kuechly - Orvolsky. TTBF tell us your stance on Thai hookers?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 21, 2012, 09:15:15 AM »

It's like Java "found" a soul mate. Love of Gruden- Kuechly - Orvolsky. TTBF tell us your stance on Thai hookers?

or your preference in flame accelerant...

seajey

Practice Squad
« #10 : August 21, 2012, 09:32:31 AM »

Re: Preview HBO’s Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden
« #7 : Today at 07:09:15 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get real. He lucked into a situation where he beat his old team with Dungy/Kiffin's old team.

Everyone seems to forget that Grudens old team with Gruden coaching it beat Dungy's old team with Dungy coaching by a score of 45-0.
I would say Gruden is the better coach.

Pewterman

Starter

« #11 : August 21, 2012, 10:08:22 AM »

Are you serious? Did you just seriously but Jon Gruden in the same level as Don Shula and Landry? The man has 1 Super Bowl ring and that was after he inherited an established organization. Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy. His total career record with Tampa was 57 – 55 (.509) and 45 – 51 (.469) after his Super Bowl team, which we already established, was built by Tony Dungy. He went 12-20 two seasons after the SB run and never won a playoff game since.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 21, 2012, 10:50:06 AM »

" Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy."

Link, please.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #13 : August 21, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »

And their stud players were drafted by Wyche so he deserves a ring, tooo!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!!

Pewterman

Starter

« #14 : August 21, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »

Are you serious? Did you just seriously put Jon Gruden in the same level as Don Shula and Landry? The man has 1 Super Bowl ring and that was after he inherited an established organization. Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy. His total career record with Tampa was 57 – 55 (.509) and 45 – 51 (.469) after his Super Bowl team, which we already established, was built by Tony Dungy. He went 12-20 two seasons after the SB run and never won a playoff game since.

If it wasn't for the "tuck rule" he could have had another ring.

That was the divisional round. Lord knows the Raiders would have screwed themselves either way and Gruden would have eventually run that organization into the ground as well.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preview HBO’s Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools