Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preview HBOs Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Pewterman

Starter

#15 : August 21, 2012, 11:27:27 AM

" Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy."

Link, please.

http://askville.amazon.com/Jon-Gruden-fired-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=34259306
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-01-17/sports/bianchi17a_1_jon-gruden-super-bowl-dungy
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/book-review-sapp-attack
Quoted from his own book.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 21, 2012, 12:00:38 PM

Are you serious? Did you just seriously but Jon Gruden in the same level as Don Shula and Landry? The man has 1 Super Bowl ring and that was after he inherited an established organization. Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy. His total career record with Tampa was 57 55 (.509) and 45 51 (.469) after his Super Bowl team, which we already established, was built by Tony Dungy. He went 12-20 two seasons after the SB run and never won a playoff game since.

If it wasn't for the "tuck rule" he could have had another ring.

What?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 21, 2012, 06:49:43 PM

Are you serious? Did you just seriously but Jon Gruden in the same level as Don Shula and Landry? The man has 1 Super Bowl ring and that was after he inherited an established organization. Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy. His total career record with Tampa was 57 55 (.509) and 45 51 (.469) after his Super Bowl team, which we already established, was built by Tony Dungy. He went 12-20 two seasons after the SB run and never won a playoff game since.

If it wasn't for the "tuck rule" he could have had another ring.

Could have, but far from a sure thing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 21, 2012, 07:24:30 PM

Prediction...Gruden will coach at least 10 games at QualCOMM stadium in '13 and beyond..

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 21, 2012, 09:47:44 PM

Prediction...Gruden will coach at least 10 games at QualCOMM stadium in '13 and beyond..

Interesting.

Seems like more of an Eagles guy to me.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 21, 2012, 11:25:20 PM

Gruden would win  super bowls with the Eagles, he could dump vick and start foles, a real qb

Just one problem, the big man is not ready to retire.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 22, 2012, 12:39:13 AM

Gruden was best suited as an OC. He could never develop a loyalty with his players. Not one Buccaneer stood up for him when he was fired. Great coaches inspire loyalty in their players. Gruden never could. He flat out lied to Warren Sapp. Nobody trusted anything he said and most were happy to see him go. He belongs in the broadcast booth. He should stay there. Al Davis built a team for him in Oakland, and Dungy/Kiffin/McKay handed him another in Tampa. He was handed the Defense to defeat an offense he knew inside and out. He had an advantage no other HC has had in the history of the NFL. That was his last playoff victory.

Jon Gruden could coach for another thirty years and never again come close to a conference championship, forget about a Lombardi. Comparing him to the legends of the game is a joke. Gruden never built anything. You can't compare him to coaches who built dynasties or had successful careers that that lasted for decades. The only thing Gruden loves more than a mirror is a camera with a red light that's on.

The Bucs don't have that trophy without him. I thank him for that, but I don't thank him for what followed and the sorry shape he left the team in.

I believe Schiano will be trusted and respected by this team. I believe he can and will build a contender in Tampa. I know what he did for all of north Jersey, not just the team. He inspired the community, not just the school. He was the Joe Paterno of Rutgers, except that he would never cover up a scandle like Paterno did. In time maybe a legitimate comparison can be made of a Buccaneer coach to the coaching legends of the past, but it certainly won't be Gruden.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 22, 2012, 01:41:02 AM

Players also stuck up for Raheem. What does that tell you?
That you are a Saints fan now cHAZMONEY.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 22, 2012, 01:47:57 AM

^

you really believe that garbage?
I believe that garbage.

It was already cracked by JDub.  Traitor.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 22, 2012, 01:56:08 AM

I highly doubt chaz$ would like the saints. just sayin
Well I highly doubt the ludicrous story as well.

Either way, this issue has serious problems.  It all starts with you, whoever the fug you are.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : August 22, 2012, 02:00:22 AM

Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy.

FALSE.    I saw the Bucs America's game.   Sapp says about Dungy "I love the man, but it was time for him to go since he wasn't getting it done.   Gruden got us over the hump."

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : August 22, 2012, 02:10:55 AM

Don't worry I doubt i'll stay much longer, i think i've over stayed my welcome here.

No more than Boid has.

TheQ

Starter

#27 : August 22, 2012, 03:04:29 AM

I don't have HBO and sorry I am missing this episode.
Gruden was the greatest HC the Bucs ever had....Thank you Jon for the Super Bowl Trophy being in Tampa.

Pewterman

Starter

#28 : August 22, 2012, 09:49:46 AM

Interesting.

Seems like more of an Eagles guy to me.
He said he's waiting for the right opportunity. And I can guarantee you, that if the Cowboys do not secure a layoff berth this year, Jason Garrett is gone. Jerry Jones is that type of blood-sucking, demon goblin to do that even if they were to go 10-6. Which is possible with the Giants and Eagles in that division.

Pewterman

Starter

#29 : August 22, 2012, 09:52:04 AM

Warren Sapp even attributed the win to Dungy.

FALSE.    I saw the Bucs America's game.   Sapp says about Dungy "I love the man, but it was time for him to go since he wasn't getting it done.   Gruden got us over the hump."

Sapp flip flops more than a pancake flapper.

False? When even in his own book he accredited that to Dungy? He does flop,I'll give you that. But the man never liked Gruden. He flops more often towards the dungy train.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preview HBOs Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools