Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preview HBOs Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : August 22, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

But the man never liked Gruden.

Another lie.   Watch America's Game.   Sapp loved Gruden when he first came to the Bucs.   

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 22, 2012, 10:36:57 AM

To Gruden's credit, he was one-faced; he never said anything behind a man's back he wouldn't say to his face.

Sapp Attack, page 302.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Pewterman

Starter

#32 : August 22, 2012, 10:45:16 AM

But the man never liked Gruden.

Another lie.   Watch America's Game.   Sapp loved Gruden when he first came to the Bucs.

Do you honestly think that Sapp would bad mouth his head coach on a show that is dedicated to the accomplishments of the team? They're supposed to have story book endings. America's Game doesn't really portray the real controversies of a team. They don't want that. As a player who was the cornerstone of that defense to discredit his HC would be bad. Now that he has no ties and is free, he says whatever he wants. And in numerous sources, which I would so kindly bring up, Sapp says that the SB team was a result of Dungy. Gruden merely finished it.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 22, 2012, 10:55:49 AM

All this Gruden love makes me wanna' go hug a commode and puke it all out.....sparky laid the truth down. If Gruden was coaching the Bucs today, he'd finish last in this division...considering how competitive the other 3 have become........I hope he gets a gig soon....so I can watch him burn....

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 22, 2012, 10:57:31 AM

Au contraire.   Gruden would dominate this division just like he always did.    The Bucs won the division more times than any NFC South team when he was HC, and that would have continued.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 22, 2012, 10:59:59 AM

So what you're saying is that if we listen to the things Sapp says that agree with you, and ignore everything he says that doesn't agree with you, then Sapp is in complete agreement with you.

Who would'a thunk it?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Pewterman

Starter

#36 : August 22, 2012, 11:04:39 AM

Au contraire.   Gruden would dominate this division just like he always did.    The Bucs won the division more times than any NFC South team when he was HC, and that would have continued.

But he didn't win a single payoff game outside of the Super Bowl run. What's the point of locking up a berth if we end up just like today's Atlanta Falcons. They merely take up the spot of a more deserving team and get kicked out in the first round. That was us. The waste of a playoff spot.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 22, 2012, 11:05:45 AM

Anything is better than what we've seen the last 3 years and no playoffs.   ANYTHING

And the Bucs almost beat the Skins in 2005 in the playoffs even though they got every bad break possible.

Pewterman

Starter

#38 : August 22, 2012, 11:14:13 AM

Anything is better than what we've seen the last 3 years and no playoffs.   ANYTHING

And the Bucs almost beat the Skins in 2005 in the playoffs even though they got every bad break possible.

Yeah but you're comparing oranges to Apples. Said years have been under Raheem. I never said he was a great coach. But you can't argue him to be the epitome of head coaching as you are when other than a Super Bowl that half of the fan base doesn't even accredit to him, he's done squat.

And almost doesn't won Championships. Otherwise the Bills win 4 in a row and the Giants drop the last two against the Patriots.
: August 22, 2012, 11:15:55 AM Pewterman

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 22, 2012, 11:15:41 AM

Shocking!

Gruden thread...

JR and TTBF responses account for approx 35 of the 48 replies.   

Red "X" works well.

When are y'all going to learn?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 22, 2012, 11:35:15 AM

It was 18, not 35.   30 out of 48 not by those 2.   You need to learn how to count.    7 by me,  8 by pewterman, 5 by Anti-Java, 4 by chace, 3 by Boid etc.
: August 22, 2012, 11:43:49 AM JavaRay

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 22, 2012, 02:41:39 PM

It was 18, not 35.   30 out of 48 not by those 2.   You need to learn how to count.    7 by me,  8 by pewterman, 5 by Anti-Java, 4 by chace, 3 by Boid etc.

Your worst sig ever......and that is sayin something.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 22, 2012, 10:04:42 PM

Players "hated" Lombardi, he was pretty good I think.

Not true. They respected him. There's a huge difference. That respect evolved into love, and I remember it as it happened, not from NFL Films. When Lombardi died he was the HC of the Redskins. They played at Tampa Stadium that day. Lombardi's dream was to coach the Giants, but that never happened. His players grew to love him more and more. Respect was something he commanded all around the league. Gruden was just the opposite. He lost the respect of his players and some even hated him. None of them stood up for him when he was fired. The fact that he was fired should be a clue. Coaches in their prime don't get fired without just cause. There was no sense of direction, and Gruden can't teach. The best he could do was to try to patch holes with veteran players who had learned everything they could from coaches who could teach. More often than not, their best years were long in the past, and their primary loyalty was to the team they left behind. Lombardi did not have that problem. Players didn't move around at will. Still Lombardi's players talk at length about him whenever they are asked. Gruden's players are more likely to "no comment". They don't want to talk about him or that era, other than the SB. Some don't even want to talk about that. Nobody misses him.

And yeah, Lombardi was pretty good. Don't insult his memory by comparing Gruden to him. It's not even close.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 22, 2012, 10:34:41 PM

Great coaches are hated by their players.   

youngone

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 22, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

Gruden took a great team with great players and tore it down to crap.. Great coach my ass.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preview HBOs Real Sports profile of ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools