Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 135

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#810 : October 16, 2012, 10:53:49 AM

" Are you really backing the futile hair-splitting CBW is trying to pull of to hide his hypocrisy? "

Durango backs everything CBW says. He is clearly a fan and a supporter.

Actually, I wouldn't say he is either. We have debated on issues in the past. I just think he's more of a moderate when compared to the extreme, right wing majority on the board, so he looks like a liberal by comparison.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#811 : October 16, 2012, 11:17:09 AM

Another meaningless thread started by an Interbay resident living in a termite infested relic built in the 30s.......

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#812 : October 16, 2012, 12:06:55 PM

The definition of a word only counts when not posted on a message board.

Are you really backing the futile hair-splitting CBW is trying to pull of to hide his hypocrisy?

Are you a fan or a supporter of Mitt Romney?

Sure.  It's not an either/or question, despite your best attempts at making it so.

I love the fact that you are trying to run from defending Weiner.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#813 : October 16, 2012, 12:41:01 PM

Are you really backing the futile hair-splitting CBW is trying to pull of to hide his hypocrisy?

I am making the point that there is a difference in the two words and they are not synonymous.

By way of example....I would imagine there are lot of people that support Sarah Palin's positions but are not a fan of hers.

There is a difference and there is a distinction.

But most, if not everybody understood the context in which Biggs said what he said and used the word fan. CBW came back with the "show me where I said that" stuff.

CBW (and you) are technically correct in the meaning and proper usage of the words, and CBW is factually correct in that he does not seem to have used the actual word fan, but seeing as people understood what was being said in the context used, the last 5 pages or so have been totally pointless as they don't alter one single thing.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#814 : October 16, 2012, 12:56:38 PM

I hate it when people jump in to be a voice of reason. I was just warming up to the last 5 pages of pointless talk.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#815 : October 16, 2012, 01:30:46 PM

I am making the point that there is a difference in the two words and they are not synonymous.

By way of example....I would imagine there are lot of people that support Sarah Palin's positions but are not a fan of hers.

There is a difference and there is a distinction.

But most, if not everybody understood the context in which Biggs said what he said and used the word fan. CBW came back with the "show me where I said that" stuff.

CBW (and you) are technically correct in the meaning and proper usage of the words, and CBW is factually correct in that he does not seem to have used the actual word fan, but seeing as people understood what was being said in the context used, the last 5 pages or so have been totally pointless as they don't alter one single thing.

cbw involved in 5 pages of totally pointless banter?   say it ain't so

spartan

Hall of Famer
#816 : October 16, 2012, 01:34:56 PM

I hate it when people jump in to be a voice of reason. I was just warming up to the last 5 pages of pointless talk.

Humor is not allowed in the Cove.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#817 : October 16, 2012, 02:40:54 PM

Sure.  It's not an either/or question, despite your best attempts at making it so.

Is that a fact? Or is it yet another mischaracterization intended to prolong the circle-jerk? Look back at my comments and please explain to me how I am "running from" defending Weiner....

I also love how now you are a fan of Mitt Romney's all of the sudden, yet you never expressed support for the guy until he won the nomination. I guess you are willing to say whatever you have to in order to keep your criticism valid, even if it means proclaiming your fandom for a candidate the base didn't even pick as a first choice.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#818 : October 16, 2012, 03:28:09 PM

Is that a fact? Or is it yet another mischaracterization intended to prolong the circle-jerk? Look back at my comments and please explain to me how I am "running from" defending Weiner....

Give it up, already.  It's a fact.

What are your standards for that?

CBW is a big (Anthony) Weiner fan, so I know how much he values honor and integrity.

link?

I'm dead serious, and there's nothing hypocritical about it. You posted three quotes of mine in that thread, and I didn't even mention Weiner in two of them. The larger point I was making is that there is a difference between doing something illegal and/or unethical in your role as a congressman, and cyber-cheating on your wife. You stated that I was a "fan" of Weiner's. I am no such thing, and you know you have no leg to stand on with those quotes, which is why you quickly pivoted on the word "fan" and changed it to "supporting".

I also love how now you are a fan of Mitt Romney's all of the sudden, yet you never expressed support for the guy until he won the nomination. I guess you are willing to say whatever you have to in order to keep your criticism valid, even if it means proclaiming your fandom for a candidate the base didn't even pick as a first choice.

I didn't realize there were rules/limits on the candidates I could be a fan of/support during a Presidential Primary.

FYI, I voted for Romney back in the 2008 primary as well.  My fandom/support of him is nothing new.
: October 16, 2012, 03:30:19 PM Biggs3535

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#819 : October 16, 2012, 03:29:52 PM

Humor is not allowed in the Cove.

Well I think it's safe to say the humor has gone away now.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#820 : October 16, 2012, 03:53:30 PM

What I disputed was your assertion that I was a fan of Weiner's. I never denied supporting him. Add "fact" to the list of words you don't know the meaning of, along with "fan" and "supporter". The circle-jerk continues...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#821 : October 16, 2012, 03:55:58 PM

What I disputed was your assertion that I was a fan of Weiner's. I never denied supporting him. Add "fact" to the list of words you don't know the meaning of, along with "fan" and "supporter". The circle-jerk continues...

(page 6)

LMAO

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#822 : October 16, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

Is that a fact? Or is it yet another mischaracterization intended to prolong the circle-jerk?

chutzpah or insanity?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#823 : October 16, 2012, 04:00:11 PM

(page 6)

LMAO

And the lead jerker chimes in as I knew he would. Better be careful PB&J. You are gonna yank that thing off one of these days.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#824 : October 16, 2012, 04:04:46 PM

(page 6)

LMAO

And the lead jerker chimes in as I knew he would. Better be careful PB&J. You are gonna yank that thing off one of these days.

Definitely NOT chutzpah.  A guy would has been arguing for six pages or more with EVERYONE about how "fan" is "different than "supporter" (on a side issue that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread) calls someone else the "lead jerker" -- and notably, the claimed "lead jerker" is a poster that has not even been involved in the discussion but for as an observer and occassional member of the Greek chorus.

DELUSIONAL or DISHONEST?
: October 16, 2012, 04:09:55 PM VinBucFan

Page: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools