Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 135

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #750 : October 12, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »

I would offer he was not called drunk - he boorish behavior simply cried out for the obvious comparison - perhaps if he recalled he was running for the second highest elected office in the country rather than focusing on trying to impair the presentations of the other candidate he would have received a better comparison. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #751 : October 12, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »

I actually watched a few minutes of the debate this time. It was kind of humorous, we had a seemingly half-drunk, Good Time Charlie and and a nerd-like, Pee Wee Herman.

It was almost riveting.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #752 : October 12, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »

I'm not. I'm an equal-opportunity azz.

I see. I must have missed all those anti-Romney videos you posted in this thread.  ::)
You mean like when I started the Secret Romney tapes thread?

Even though it looks as if I am going to vote for them I can admit that Romney and Ryan's stance on abortion is ridiculous.  It is archaic and should not sit well with people.  You see how hard that is?  It can be done.

You must not have payed much attention to criticism I have dealt the Obama administration on the Affordable Care Act or Dodd-Frank. You see, when all you are interested in is calling out someone for partisan leanings while ignoring your own, you fail to see how hypocritical your insults are.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #753 : October 12, 2012, 07:00:26 PM »

Oh come on, Ernst and Young is one of the biggest global accountancy firms on the planet. I am pretty confident there are some "left wingers" in there as well. It was ranked by Forbes magazine as the eighth-largest private company in the United States in 2011 so let's be realistic about this please.

I agree. Let's be realistic about it. How many of those "left-wingers" were cited as authors of the study Romney quoted? I know Carroll and Prante were, and Carroll and Prante are both right-wing partisans that have promoted supply side economic policies for years. Carroll was a former Bush Administration cabinet member and Prante is the founder of a DC-based, right-wing think tank.

The study was conducted by Ernst and Young for a specific client. Regardless of their personal political leanings, their work has to be professional. Otherwise how long do you think E&Y would remain the 8th largest company in the USA if all they did was spew out partisan bullcrap? And, how long do you think these 2 would keep their jobs?

I'd say as long as they were keeping their clients happy, they would keep their jobs. Who were those clients, BTW spartan?

And FWIW Caroll wasn't a member of Bush's cabinet, he worked for the Treasury Dept. He was a  Deputy Assistant Secretary for Tax Analysis in the Office of Tax Policy at the Department of the Treasury. A political appointee probably, but not a member of the cabinet by a long chalk judging by that title.

I'm sorry, he was a Bush appointee. Feel better? Does it make him less partisan because he was an appointee as opposed to a cabinet member?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #754 : October 12, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »

The Biden-Ryan debate was marked by some spirited claims that didn’t always match the facts.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/veep-debate-violations/

One of my favorite parts of the debate was when the petulant VP talked down to Ryan about voting to put a war on credit cards.  How and why did factcheck miss the part?

http://votesmart.org/bill/3148/7830/53279/military-force-authorization#.UHimZ675A4R
http://votesmart.org/bill/3083/7880/53279/use-of-military-force-against-iraq#.UHilTK75A4S

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #755 : October 12, 2012, 07:51:36 PM »

Biden cannot be held to remembering how he voted on the war efforts.  Hell, he was probably interrupting and smiling so hard he is justifiable insofar as misremembering is concerned. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #756 : October 12, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »

That Joe Biden, he's on top of things:

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #757 : October 12, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »

Add in the Bishops of the Catholic Church continuing litigation over being forced into providing the very pregnancy prevention Ol' Joe said was happening in Barrycare...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #758 : October 13, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »

So exactly how many times did Biden interrupt Ryan while speaking?

Interruptions are expected in a debate, but I've never seen a more petulant performance than the one Biden gave on Thursday night.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #759 : October 13, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »

I read a report of 82 or somewhere in that vicinity - will post it if I see it again.  Was close to once a minute - which in a normal conversation would warrant a "would you just be quiet" or something with in that vein - though perhaps more 'colorful'
« : October 13, 2012, 12:12:18 PM dbucfan »

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #760 : October 13, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »

Thanks to Jay Leno last night, I've learned the following:

1)  The Obama-Biden team has changed their campaign slogan from "Hope and Change" to "Smirk and Giggle"

2) It is suggested for future debates, that in order to stop a candidate (Joe Biden) from constantly interrupting and talking over the other candidate, all news media moderators will be replaced by a Catholic nun with a big ruler.

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #761 : October 13, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »

Apparently someone wrote a report on these interruptions and someone actually read it. 

Let's see was it 68 or 82? Some of guys have to be kidding me.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #762 : October 13, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #763 : October 13, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »

Apparently someone wrote a report on these interruptions and someone actually read it. 

Let's see was it 68 or 82? Some of guys have to be kidding me.

It was 82 according to the headlines and 31 times by the moderator. Surprising Ryan managed to get a word in at all.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #764 : October 13, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »

Oh come on, Ernst and Young is one of the biggest global accountancy firms on the planet. I am pretty confident there are some "left wingers" in there as well. It was ranked by Forbes magazine as the eighth-largest private company in the United States in 2011 so let's be realistic about this please.

I agree. Let's be realistic about it. How many of those "left-wingers" were cited as authors of the study Romney quoted? I know Carroll and Prante were, and Carroll and Prante are both right-wing partisans that have promoted supply side economic policies for years. Carroll was a former Bush Administration cabinet member and Prante is the founder of a DC-based, right-wing think tank.

The study was conducted by Ernst and Young for a specific client. Regardless of their personal political leanings, their work has to be professional. Otherwise how long do you think E&Y would remain the 8th largest company in the USA if all they did was spew out partisan bullcrap? And, how long do you think these 2 would keep their jobs?

I'd say as long as they were keeping their clients happy, they would keep their jobs. Who were those clients, BTW spartan?

And FWIW Caroll wasn't a member of Bush's cabinet, he worked for the Treasury Dept. He was a  Deputy Assistant Secretary for Tax Analysis in the Office of Tax Policy at the Department of the Treasury. A political appointee probably, but not a member of the cabinet by a long chalk judging by that title.

I'm sorry, he was a Bush appointee. Feel better? Does it make him less partisan because he was an appointee as opposed to a cabinet member?

CBW I have made the point that these guys wrote this report in their Professional capacity as economists for the 4th largest accountancy firm on the planet (or something like that); for a major customer (The S-Company Association); to show how the proposed tax increases would affect their business model. If you want to continue to argue that it can be ignored because of their past political affiliations that is fine with me. But the point still stands. Have a nice day.
  Page: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools