Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 135

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#780 : October 14, 2012, 03:14:55 PM

I suppose it's obvious who won the debate. Liberals are happy, and the cons are making excuses.

The Conservative website known as CNN disagrees:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-debate-winner-ryan-48-biden-44/

I have no idea why Liberals are happy that Biden looked like a petulant child, but you people never cease to amaze me.

CNN has since released an addendum that the audience surveyed in that poll was decidedly more conservative than the general viewership by 8 points. Uncommitted viewers surveyed by CNN said that Biden won the debate by a 50% to 31% margin. We are happy because you are harping on Biden's demeanor and this Darryl Issa media witch hunt hearing about the attacks in Lybia instead of even attempting to claim that Ryan won on any other issue in the debate. And now the moderator was biased too. How dare she have the nerve to ask Ryan follow up questions...
  ::)
Is water wet?

Where is the addendum?

CNN has released a 2nd addendum saying that although the greater part of the audience supports conservative ideas , they are not fans of them.

So are you a supporter or a fan of Ayn Rand?

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#781 : October 14, 2012, 04:44:23 PM

I think I smell some monkey business.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#782 : October 14, 2012, 10:24:24 PM

I suppose it's obvious who won the debate. Liberals are happy, and the cons are making excuses.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-debate-winner-ryan-48-biden-44/

I have no idea why Liberals are happy that Biden looked like a petulant child, but you people never cease to amaze me.

CNN has since released an addendum that the audience surveyed in that poll was decidedly more conservative than the general viewership by 8 points. Uncommitted viewers surveyed by CNN said that Biden won the debate by a 50% to 31% margin. We are happy because you are harping on Biden's demeanor and this Darryl Issa media witch hunt hearing about the attacks in Lybia instead of even attempting to claim that Ryan won on any other issue in the debate. And now the moderator was biased too. How dare she have the nerve to ask Ryan follow up questions...
Is water wet?

Where is the addendum?

CNN has released a 2nd addendum saying that although the greater part of the audience supports conservative ideas , they are not fans of them.

Be careful with any response DJ - terms you might think to be synonyms... aren't. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#783 : October 14, 2012, 11:39:53 PM

Ooooh.... word definitions hurt my head.  ???

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#784 : October 15, 2012, 04:46:07 PM

Is water wet?

Where is the addendum?

Be careful with any response DJ - terms you might think to be synonyms... aren't.

The legend of CBW lives.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#785 : October 15, 2012, 07:34:18 PM

Round and round we go.

"I think recession is (inevitable), but you can avoid it," Wiedemer says in the attached video. "The way to avoid a recession now is to increase that deficit, just like we did before. If we take that deficit from $1 trillion to $2 trillion you'd find we would be out of the recession" and everything would get turned around, including the housing and job markets.

As for avoiding a dip into the fiscal red sea, that will take an act of Congress. And failing that, Wiedemer says, investors would be wise to reduce exposure to stocks and hang on to a little gold.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/double-deficit-face-double-dip-recession-wiedemer-134457201.html;_ylt=Auruy2seNyhtHgL4wPh1w50FuodG;_ylu=X3oDMTN2bTBtMWRpBG1pdANGZWF0dXJlZCBMaXN0BHBrZwNhNzhkZDRhNy01NzQzLTMyZDgtOTNjYy01OTVlYjU3ZWQ0MjIEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhRmVhdHVyZWRMaXN0BHZlcgMzODVmY2NlMC0xNmNmLTExZTItYjNlNy1kN2FjMTlmZmQ2NmI-;_ylg=X3oDMTJuYWJpbHZpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDMzliODhlN2UtYmNkNC0zODRlLWIwNDMtYzg5MTlhMDVhM2Y1BHBzdGNhdANuZXdzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#786 : October 15, 2012, 09:39:24 PM

Is water wet?

Where is the addendum?

So are you a supporter or a fan of Milton Friedman?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#787 : October 15, 2012, 09:41:26 PM

I bet they are not a fan or supporter of this.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#788 : October 15, 2012, 09:51:02 PM

Is water wet?

Where is the addendum?

So are you a supporter or a fan of Milton Friedman?
I would offer that would be contingent upon what the meaning of 'are' 'are'.  Did you check out the videos...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#789 : October 15, 2012, 09:52:23 PM

dbuc, I know you found a definition in a dictionary that listed supporter as a synonym for fan, but have you been able to find one that lists fan as a synonym for supporter?

It's not, and of course, there is a rather obvious reason for this that you and all of the circle-jerk cons on this MB are aware of, and that is that you cannot be a fan of someone or something without being a supporter, but you can absolutely be a supporter of someone or something without being a fan of them or it. If I had to go out on a limb, I would guess that that describes the relationship that about 90% of the cons on this message board have with Mitt Romney.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#790 : October 15, 2012, 10:14:31 PM

Didn't look CBW - once a synonym always a synonym I would offer.  Now - perhaps you could acknowledge the word game is fine when one is writing for their job, or perhaps in college, but making such distinctions on a message board is ridiculous.  But given the conclusion I have come to nothing matters. 

And it really doesn't occur to you that folks might not agree with you and barry does it.  Folks might look at the same issues as you and come to a logical, acceptable conclusion that just doesn't sync up with you and barry - you don't appear to give that the slightest bit of consideration.  You want to name call and you used circle-jerk cons to describe folks here.  Have you noticed how not everyone jumps to name calling and folks actually have tried to discuss issues with you?  Not for me any longer CBW, I tried and concluded you don't want to - so just ignore me as all I am doing is watching and from time to time throwing in a light comment for others - not for you even though you were part of the origin.  Now have a good evening.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#791 : October 15, 2012, 10:52:25 PM

The definition of a word only counts when not posted on a message board.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#792 : October 15, 2012, 10:53:54 PM

Didn't look CBW - once a synonym always a synonym I would offer.  Now - perhaps you could acknowledge the word game is fine when one is writing for their job, or perhaps in college, but making such distinctions on a message board is ridiculous.  But given the conclusion I have come to nothing matters. 

Are you a fan or a supporter of Mitt Romney?

And it really doesn't occur to you that folks might not agree with you and barry does it.  Folks might look at the same issues as you and come to a logical, acceptable conclusion that just doesn't sync up with you and barry - you don't appear to give that the slightest bit of consideration. 

I see, when I make a comment out of step with the 3-1 conservative bias on this MB and get attacked on all sides, it's cool. When I attack back, I'm just being insensitive and intolerant to opposing viewpoints. Cry me a gosh darn river.

You want to name call and you used circle-jerk cons to describe folks here.  Have you noticed how not everyone jumps to name calling and folks actually have tried to discuss issues with you?  Not for me any longer CBW, I tried and concluded you don't want to - so just ignore me as all I am doing is watching and from time to time throwing in a light comment for others - not for you even though you were part of the origin.  Now have a good evening.

When you have risen above the circle-jerk and have had meaningful discussions, I have returned the courtesy. When you want to hang onto these childish fan vs. supporter remarks, knowing full well of the difference in meaning, then I will return the courtesy to that as well. Now have a good evening.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#793 : October 15, 2012, 10:57:08 PM

dbuc, I know you found a definition in a dictionary that listed supporter as a synonym for fan, but have you been able to find one that lists fan as a synonym for supporter?

It's not, and of course, there is a rather obvious reason for this that you and all of the circle-jerk cons on this MB are aware of, and that is that you cannot be a fan of someone or something without being a supporter, but you can absolutely be a supporter of someone or something without being a fan of them or it. If I had to go out on a limb, I would guess that that describes the relationship that about 90% of the cons on this message board have with Mitt Romney.

You know, these word games aren't constructive CBW. I know somebody else who does the 'show me where I said that' thing and people don't really like having a conversation with him either. All you had to say is I agree with his politics and would support him, but I wouldn't actually consider myself a fan. End of conversation. Now it might have spewed off in some other direction but that is another conversation.

I don't agree with your viewpoint very often, but I do find your perspective interesting at times. Don't spoil it by trying to be right and "win" every little spat. You have said with me a few times "I got it wrong", and I have done the same with you. No-ones perfect; so don't try to be, regardless of who you are talking with :)

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#794 : October 15, 2012, 11:10:13 PM

Regardless of whether or not one agrees w/ CBW the guy has amazing patience for putting up with a lot of stupid crap. 

This whole idea of forcing a definition on the guy is beyond stupid.

How in hell does pursing a word usage or definition argument further any argument or point?

It doesn't,  it's childish.
Page: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools