Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 135

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1350 : October 31, 2012, 10:19:02 PM

I can't consciously vote for O so my agenda is to do the only other thing I can do.  I'm not wasting my vote on a write-in or the twice-arrested tree-hugging helper Stein.

So let me get this straight, you're not a right-winger?
What is unclear about my comment?  Any vote other than R is a vote for O. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1351 : October 31, 2012, 10:21:27 PM

I agree that Paul was the choice. You already quoted me saying I would vote for Paul.  I wanted the system shook up.    Now I am left with only a new set of lies. I can't even listen to another word O says.  His milking of this storm is one of the biggest jokes out there.  Look at me doing my job to cover up my biggest screw-up. Lol!
I think this is our disconnect because I refuse to vote agenda over conscious. If everyone were encouraged to vote their conscious and not someone else's agenda, we would have 2$ gas, transcontinental railway, and 1$ stadium beers.

Name one policy or position that Obama represents that fits in with the Ron Paul platform?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1352 : October 31, 2012, 10:25:26 PM

I can't consciously vote for O so my agenda is to do the only other thing I can do.  I'm not wasting my vote on a write-in or the twice-arrested tree-hugging helper Stein.

Doesn't answer my question. You aren't a right-winger?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1353 : October 31, 2012, 10:27:35 PM

I would have to ask you to qualify. What is a "right winger?"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1354 : October 31, 2012, 10:33:28 PM

I would have to ask you to qualify. What is a "right winger?"

Seriously, spartan? Am I in the twilight zone or something? A right-winger is a conservative. Now that you clarified that mystery, do you intend to answer for him as well?
: October 31, 2012, 10:34:59 PM CBWx2

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1355 : October 31, 2012, 10:37:21 PM

I already answered your question earlier in the thread.  Backing and voting for R has no bearing on my affiliation.  It simply helps my agenda right now.   Voting for anyone else is useless if you want O out.  The press had less against Nixon with Watergate and Clinton with Chinagate.  The fix is in. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1356 : October 31, 2012, 10:48:17 PM

I already answered your question earlier in the thread.  Backing and voting for R has no bearing on my affiliation.  It simply helps my agenda right now.   Voting for anyone else is useless if you want O out.  The press had less against Nixon with Watergate and Clinton with Chinagate.  The fix is in.

I didn't ask what party you were affiliated with. I asked if you were a right-winger. A conservative. Someone who advocates a conservative agenda. The opposite of left-wing or liberal. Does that describe you? Can I be any more clear than that?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1357 : October 31, 2012, 10:49:50 PM

Seriously, spartan? Am I in the twilight zone or something? A right-winger is a conservative. Now that you clarified that mystery, do you intend to answer for him as well?

Yes seriously, and your answer shows why. I consider myself as a conservative but I don't consider myself as a "right winger. " That term is used as a pejorative to indicate a reactionary or extreme view point. I believe in individual rights, independence and Liberty. I believe we should not spend, as a rule more money than we take in. That may be categorized as conservative, but it sure as hell ain't extreme. In fact I would go so far as to call it common sense. Maybe if you had asked if he considered himself a conservative my response would have been different.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1358 : October 31, 2012, 11:14:48 PM

Yes seriously, and your answer shows why. I consider myself as a conservative but I don't consider myself as a "right winger. " That term is used as a pejorative to indicate a reactionary or extreme view point. I believe in individual rights, independence and Liberty. I believe we should not spend, as a rule more money than we take in. That may be categorized as conservative, but it sure as hell ain't extreme. In fact I would go so far as to call it common sense. Maybe if you had asked if he considered himself a conservative my response would have been different.

Not many extremist thinks themselves extreme. I know many conservatives, and I can say with great confidence that your positions are more extreme than most of the conservatives that I know. I seriously don't recall you ever having taken a moderate or slightly right-to-center position on anything. That's just my observation. I don't know you personally, so it's all I have to go on.

That being said, the only reason I used the term "right wing" is because it's the term that he used. I also don't see it as derogatory. I suppose it could dictate extremism, but it is also simply another way to say conservative.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1359 : October 31, 2012, 11:31:23 PM

I didn't ask what party you were affiliated with. I asked if you were a right-winger. A conservative. Someone who advocates a conservative agenda. The opposite of left-wing or liberal. Does that describe you? Can I be any more clear than that?
I'm not here to debate these now.  I grew up in a Republican household.  I don't care if gay people marry. I don't care if a woman gets an abortion.  The government should never tell her she can't have one.  No science should be hindered.  Almost all information should be free.  Some drugs should be legal. Prostitution should be legal.  People should always be able to have guns. We should give less foreign aid.  We need to manufacture here more and import less.  The Fed should be audited.  The death penalty is necessary.  The court system is ridiculously corrupt.  I am not a religious person and don't care what they do. Waco was a travesty.  Both Bill Maher and Glenn Beck can't be wrong and so forth.  What am I to you?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1360 : November 01, 2012, 12:15:52 AM

I'm not here to debate these now.  I grew up in a Republican household.  I don't care if gay people marry. I don't care if a woman gets an abortion.  The government should never tell her she can't have one.  No science should be hindered.  Almost all information should be free.  Some drugs should be legal. Prostitution should be legal.  People should always be able to have guns. We should give less foreign aid.  We need to manufacture here more and import less.  The Fed should be audited.  The death penalty is necessary.  The court system is ridiculously corrupt.  I am not a religious person and don't care what they do. Waco was a travesty.  Both Bill Maher and Glenn Beck can't be wrong and so forth.  What am I to you?

You're a Libertarian to me, which is just another form of conservatism. You are claiming that you can't support the president because he's a liar, when there hasn't been a president ever to serve office that hasn't lied about something. You ignore Mitt Romney's numerous lies, or the fact that his foreign policy and stance on social issues is completely contradictory to your own because you are a conservative and want the conservative to win.

That's certainly your prerogative, but quit trying to characterize yourself as being on some kind of moral crusade. You post nothing but news and videos from partisan sources and none of them have a single disparaging word to say against the conservative candidate or conservatives in the House or Senate. You are simply another conservative towing the party line so that you can get a conservative elected. Stop pretending to be something other than that.

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

#1361 : November 01, 2012, 12:24:05 AM

I agree that Paul was the choice. You already quoted me saying I would vote for Paul.  I wanted the system shook up.    Now I am left with only a new set of lies. I can't even listen to another word O says.  His milking of this storm is one of the biggest jokes out there.  Look at me doing my job to cover up my biggest screw-up. Lol!
I think this is our disconnect because I refuse to vote agenda over conscious. If everyone were encouraged to vote their conscious and not someone else's agenda, we would have 2$ gas, transcontinental railway, and 1$ stadium beers.

Name one policy or position that Obama represents that fits in with the Ron Paul platform?
why?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1362 : November 01, 2012, 12:39:44 AM

This one thinks we are a fool and I don't think he likes what America stands for.  You haven't been blind to the corruption the last four years.  How do you justify your vote? I have said that R's views don't reflect all of mine in this thread or the other one.  I have also said it is time for some new lies.  I understand that idealism is impractical sometimes. 

I said it before.  Rubio is the one that will be remembered. He will be the one who truly unties the country.  He will also change the relationship with Cuba.   

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1363 : November 01, 2012, 01:27:17 AM

This one thinks we are a fool and I don't think he likes what America stands for.   

And what is it that America stands for? You're comment belies the false representation of yourself as a non-partisan. What America stands for is a subjective question. FDR's version of what America stood for is probably at complete odds with that Reagan's definition of what America stands for. As much as I opposed Bush, I never claimed that he didn't like America. You are clinging to your definition, and demonizing the president as "anti-American" because it's not in line with your interpretation. That's what an extremist does.

You haven't been blind to the corruption the last four years.  How do you justify your vote? I have said that R's views don't reflect all of mine in this thread or the other one.  I have also said it is time for some new lies.  I understand that idealism is impractical sometimes. 

The same way you justify yours. Idealism is impractical sometimes.

I said it before.  Rubio is the one that will be remembered. He will be the one who truly unties the country.  He will also change the relationship with Cuba.

Tea-Party darling Marco Rubio? The mere fact that you think any Tea Party candidate is going to unite the country shows where your politics lie.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1364 : November 01, 2012, 06:54:56 AM

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1935155025001/michael-moore-moveon-team-up-to-produce-vile-campaign-ad/
Page: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools