Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 135

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #1920 : November 10, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »

I asked three times and no one can name the Reform Party candidate from this year without looking it up.  There are reasons why third parties will never be. I can't imagine many of them having anything to do with the average voter.   
I actually watch the debate he participated in and yes i can't name him but when watch the debates with the actual four people or five it was really attack this I have the perfect plan and blah blah blah...OBD
My reasoning is the effectiveness of Perot getting 20% of the actual votes. 

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #1921 : November 10, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »

I asked three times and no one can name the Reform Party candidate from this year without looking it up.  There are reasons why third parties will never be. I can't imagine many of them having anything to do with the average voter.   
I actually watch the debate he participated in and yes i can't name him but when watch the debates with the actual four people or five it was really attack this I have the perfect plan and blah blah blah...OBD
My reasoning is the effectiveness of Perot getting 20% of the actual votes.
I actually enjoyed Ross Perot and when the American public voted against him he then went on a rampage profiting off of the very same thing he was against. He actually lost my vote on Admiral Stockdale. (spell check that). He was correct tho on the NAFTA agreement...OBD

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #1922 : November 10, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »

Can i finish ?? ..... Can i finish can I finish ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #1923 : November 10, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #1924 : November 10, 2012, 11:42:46 PM »

i must have missed the first two times you asked.  i would guess either jill stein or virgil goode.  the reason no one knows is that CNN, MSNBC, foxNEWS, abc, nbc, pbs, and im sure theres a few more i didnt mention...forgot to cover any of these candidates.  forgot to cover or mention these candidates for the last 6 months.  cspan covered them i heard.

but i guess thats why no one voted for them.  they didnt have 6 billion to waste on tv commercials and the cable outlets collused(?) against them.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #1925 : November 11, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

Stein is the Green Party for sure.  She got arrested twice during the campaign.  I don't know what party Goode is in.  Has anyone heard of this guy?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #1926 : November 11, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »

Stein is the Green Party for sure.  She got arrested twice during the campaign.  I don't know what party Goode is in.  Has anyone heard of this guy?

What a second. This guy is black. Shouldn't he have gotten like 90+% of the black vote as soon as they saw what color his skin was? Or at least like 45-50%.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #1927 : November 11, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »

What a second. This guy is black. Shouldn't he have gotten like 90+% of the black vote as soon as they saw what color his skin was? Or at least like 45-50%.

3rd party candidates don't have enough free "stash" to give away . Blacks are racist but they aren't stupid.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #1928 : November 11, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

3rd party candidates don't have enough free "stash" to give away . Blacks are racist but they aren't stupid.

Speaking of stupid...

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #1929 : November 11, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »

Every black person is racist!

Not one black person is stupid!

shawn731

Starter

« #1930 : November 11, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »

I disagree with a lot of you on here. I think you should be able to vote for whoever the hell you want. You got a voice and it should be heard. If you dont like the R or D you should vote for whoever you want. Its not a wasted vote. Your voicing your opinion. Its one of the few chances we get to do so with politics. What else can you do besides vote?? Not much but get into politics yourself and go from there. In the end though, I believe it really didnt matter who won this. I believe Obama or Romney(if he won) just would have been puppets to something much bigger going on. Yea its speculation, something Im unable to prove, or could be just downright wrong. Its just something that would not surprise me.
The problem with your ideal is that if there truly is a party that can help with a third party it could really weaken the stronger party needed and have the other side win. Thats why I am against voting for a minor party that has no way of winning...OBD

The only problem with this ideal is that neither Dem or Rep can ever be called the stronger party. Why should a country of 300 million have a choice of two worthless candidates to run the country? It's hilarious that Americans are this stupid when it comes to something this important. Wonder why third parties have no choice? Because the majority of American voters are clueless and vote only on who kissed their ass the most. Democrats and Republicans have both put their hands in ruining the country yet we should just keep voting for these idiots, great idea
Why do you ask a question and then answer it yourself? I have a problem with that because it shows that you will not accept any answer except your own. Thus most would have voted for any Republican that hadn't chosen a Tea Party affiliation. But in either case Obama won and did so with the majority of the popularity vote and Electoral College. Ever ask why? Was it the internet and the vast research capabilities it possess to check and recheck.

Ron Paul did himself in and most seen that on National Television. Romney did himself in straying from Reagan ideologies and allow a extreme group called the Tea Party and with Grove Norquist trying to tilt the voted Politicians to side with the few through a pledge and not those who voted them in. We need to go back to the center of the GOP but first get rid of the extremist in each party and just maybe just glean portions of what they say that really benefit all of America and not just the 1 percent...OBD

I agree with what needs to be done.  I do not think the two party system is the problem.  It’s that individuals who should be working together for US are not.  For a long time politicians have been conducting their own business and not America's.  It has been like this on both sides.  And what resulted were some ideals and individuals running amuck and creating a worse environment.  It is upsetting to hear anyone state that they are not going to work with anyone in public office regardless of position.  Both sides need to realize that America is stronger when we work together not apart.  America is not businesses or corporations it’s the people.  Take the money out of politics and I believe you will see true change.  Make sound choices that may not be popular but is the right choice, and I understand that may be difficult.  Take care of your fellow man.  This doesn’t mean “give” him or her everything they want, but help them attain for themselves.  No one created something out of nothing.  Every single successful person in the world received help or insight from someone.  It may not have been monetary but it helped them become the person they are today.  I look at the future knowing we have the capacity and ability to set the ship straight.  We will have to work hard with good honest intentions toward a goal and I am positive we can achieve it. 

Just my point of view.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #1931 : November 11, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »

I agree with what needs to be done.  I do not think the two party system is the problem.  It’s that individuals who should be working together for US are not.  For a long time politicians have been conducting their own business and not America's.  It has been like this on both sides.  And what resulted were some ideals and individuals running amuck and creating a worse environment.  It is upsetting to hear anyone state that they are not going to work with anyone in public office regardless of position.  Both sides need to realize that America is stronger when we work together not apart.  America is not businesses or corporations it’s the people.  Take the money out of politics and I believe you will see true change.  Make sound choices that may not be popular but is the right choice, and I understand that may be difficult.  Take care of your fellow man.  This doesn’t mean “give” him or her everything they want, but help them attain for themselves.  No one created something out of nothing.  Every single successful person in the world received help or insight from someone.  It may not have been monetary but it helped them become the person they are today.  I look at the future knowing we have the capacity and ability to set the ship straight.  We will have to work hard with good honest intentions toward a goal and I am positive we can achieve it. 

Just my point of view.

i think this is why the 2 party system IS broken, it is based on money.  the 3rd partys are the ones without money, not indebted to the BIG corporations.  would they fall prey to "bribes"?  probably so.  but they are the only ones that havent so far (in my naive mind).

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

shawn731

Starter

« #1932 : November 11, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »

Game-Time-  what is to prevent a wolf in sheeps clothing from running as a third party candidate?  That is why I believe changes can be made to avoid or prevent further corruption by installing tough measures.  It can be done.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #1933 : November 11, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »

Every black person is racist!

Not one black person is stupid!

I knew that would piss some of you off  :P

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #1934 : November 11, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »

I disagree with a lot of you on here. I think you should be able to vote for whoever the hell you want. You got a voice and it should be heard. If you dont like the R or D you should vote for whoever you want. Its not a wasted vote. Your voicing your opinion. Its one of the few chances we get to do so with politics. What else can you do besides vote?? Not much but get into politics yourself and go from there. In the end though, I believe it really didnt matter who won this. I believe Obama or Romney(if he won) just would have been puppets to something much bigger going on. Yea its speculation, something Im unable to prove, or could be just downright wrong. Its just something that would not surprise me.
The problem with your ideal is that if there truly is a party that can help with a third party it could really weaken the stronger party needed and have the other side win. Thats why I am against voting for a minor party that has no way of winning...OBD

The only problem with this ideal is that neither Dem or Rep can ever be called the stronger party. Why should a country of 300 million have a choice of two worthless candidates to run the country? It's hilarious that Americans are this stupid when it comes to something this important. Wonder why third parties have no choice? Because the majority of American voters are clueless and vote only on who kissed their ass the most. Democrats and Republicans have both put their hands in ruining the country yet we should just keep voting for these idiots, great idea
Why do you ask a question and then answer it yourself? I have a problem with that because it shows that you will not accept any answer except your own. Thus most would have voted for any Republican that hadn't chosen a Tea Party affiliation. But in either case Obama won and did so with the majority of the popularity vote and Electoral College. Ever ask why? Was it the internet and the vast research capabilities it possess to check and recheck.

Ron Paul did himself in and most seen that on National Television. Romney did himself in straying from Reagan ideologies and allow a extreme group called the Tea Party and with Grove Norquist trying to tilt the voted Politicians to side with the few through a pledge and not those who voted them in. We need to go back to the center of the GOP but first get rid of the extremist in each party and just maybe just glean portions of what they say that really benefit all of America and not just the 1 percent...OBD

Just my point of view.
I also learned something about re-drawing the voting districts. I truly see that most of the Democratic and Republicans can go through each counties, cities and States districts and put out just enough feeler's to generate the most out of the voters in each voting district. Now I know why they get all huffy and puffy when people start wanting to re-draw all the districts. My other concern is how the Republicans will want to tinker with the Electoral College. To be honest I have to agree with you we really need some tough guide lines for any party to be held accountable. Also it would be nice to hold them accountable when putting out bogus information such as what we went through....OBD

Page: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools