Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#1980 : November 20, 2012, 10:30:44 PM

Google McCain and Forrestal - you get factcheck - which states bullspit - http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccain-and-the-1967-forrestal-fire/

McCain crashes about 4 or 5 planes then gets captured by the enemy and made a POW.

This is a war hero? Are you freakin' kidding me..........................................

Not exactly what I would consider to be war hero material.

Those boys in Hollywood sure know how to catapult the propaganda.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1981 : November 21, 2012, 07:31:33 AM

Google McCain and Forrestal - you get factcheck - which states bullspit - http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccain-and-the-1967-forrestal-fire/
This is a war hero? Are you freakin' kidding me..........................................
You haven't read me saying that -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1982 : November 21, 2012, 10:20:55 AM

McCain crashes about 4 or 5 planes then gets captured by the enemy and made a POW.

Rumor has it that planes "crashing" in a war zone isn't exactly what you would consider a rare occurrence.

Sarcasm aside because some of those incidents were engine failures etc, but he is considered a war hero for his resistance to the torture he endured after getting captured, not so much for his flying abilities. You can say a lot about McCain, but please do not question his courage or his valor, which isn't always shown in a bayonet charge!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#1983 : November 21, 2012, 07:24:27 PM

You can say a lot about McCain, but please do not question his courage or his valor, which isn't always shown in a bayonet charge!
I totally agree with this part of your statement. John McCain is a War Hero and anyone to dispute that is unAmerican. He truly deserves it after going through all he endured being capture...OBD

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1984 : November 21, 2012, 07:28:45 PM

It's unAmerican to dispute that someone is a war hero? I think that it's unAmerican to call someone unAmerican for that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#1985 : November 21, 2012, 07:31:16 PM

It's unAmerican to dispute that someone is a war hero? I think that it's unAmerican to call someone unAmerican for that.

Agreed. You're free to your skepticism and voice.. Dont let this fool tell you differently.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#1986 : November 22, 2012, 10:07:23 AM

It's unAmerican to dispute that someone is a war hero?

What can you do....from simple minds come simple thoughts.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1987 : November 22, 2012, 10:19:45 AM

You can say a lot about McCain, but please do not question his courage or his valor, which isn't always shown in a bayonet charge!
I totally agree with this part of your statement. John McCain is a War Hero and anyone to dispute that is unAmerican. He truly deserves it after going through all he endured being capture...OBD

It's not unamerican , it's just ignorant and ridiculously petty.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1988 : November 22, 2012, 12:22:19 PM

OBD might not have chosen his words correctly but his sentiment is spot one. John McCain might be the biggest ass on the planet, but he suffered a great deal for his country and his colleagues during a time of war. To question his courage and sacrifice is dishonorable, callous and unappreciative of someone who who gave his all for his country IMO.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#1989 : November 22, 2012, 12:36:53 PM

OBD might not have chosen his words correctly but his sentiment is spot one. John McCain might be the biggest ass on the planet, but he suffered a great deal for his country and his colleagues during a time of war. To question his courage and sacrifice is dishonorable, callous and unappreciative of someone who who gave his all for his country IMO.

I don't question his courage nor his sacrifice during that period.

From what I have read about the Hanoi Hilton that experience would not be something I would wish on anyone.

The marketing associated w/ and his presentation as a war hero on the other hand............

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1990 : November 22, 2012, 12:42:10 PM

If only John McCain showed that same discretion towards other POW's...

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/may282008/mccain_garwood_5-28-08.php

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#1991 : November 22, 2012, 12:45:07 PM

I don't question his courage nor his sacrifice during that period.

From what I have read about the Hanoi Hilton that experience would not be something I would wish on anyone.

The marketing associated w/ and his presentation as a war hero on the other hand............
Let me explain where I come from with my choice of words. My Dad a 1952 USMarine corp Veteran who has since passed on, and my Service in the military USN four active four inactive. I am military true blue. So I frown upon any man who talks about another man as though anything he does when it is shadowed by his experience of the Causilties of War as a POW. My Sentiments are Heartfelt for Senator John McCain and though I don't agree with him 50 percent of the time he is as Solid as they come when it comes to his commitment to this Country...OBD

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#1992 : November 22, 2012, 01:37:35 PM

I wasn't going to go there but I am glad that it's now been brought up.

In fact, there's more than this.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1993 : November 22, 2012, 10:45:37 PM

I wasn't going to go there but I am glad that it's now been brought up.

In fact, there's more than this.

Like what? In fact don't answer that.

During my BRIEF research on the matter let's say there are grounds for debate, but even if true and this proves McCain is an ass, how does that render his personal service null and void? Come on guys, don't denigrate the man on that issue, I thought you both had more class than that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1994 : November 23, 2012, 08:01:55 AM

I thought you both had more class than that.

You really thought either of them had class ?? That was a mistake...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools