Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 132 133 134 135

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #1995 : November 23, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »

It's unAmerican to dispute that someone is a war hero?

What can you do....from simple minds come simple thoughts.

OBD might not have chosen his words correctly but his sentiment is spot one. John McCain might be the biggest ass on the planet, but he suffered a great deal for his country and his colleagues during a time of war. To question his courage and sacrifice is dishonorable, callous and unappreciative of someone who who gave his all for his country IMO.

If only John McCain showed that same discretion towards other POW's...

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/may282008/mccain_garwood_5-28-08.php

I wasn't going to go there but I am glad that it's now been brought up.

In fact, there's more than this.

Like what? In fact don't answer that.

During my BRIEF research on the matter let's say there are grounds for debate, but even if true and this proves McCain is an ass, how does that render his personal service null and void? Come on guys, don't denigrate the man on that issue, I thought you both had more class than that.

Spartan, you should take a look at this article reprinted in The American Conservative. It not only speaks to McCain's involvement in the returning of POW's but also touches on confession(s) he made himself while a POW. It's well researched and written, by a respectable journalist, printed in a traditional conservative publication. It is a bit lengthy perhaps but I think you would benefit from reading it. This may also help you feel a bit better about others whom you think may want to "denigrate" his legacy.

I am not going to buy the image of war hero just to placate someone that holds a false image of a man w/ a dubious history.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/
« : November 23, 2012, 10:49:18 AM Durango 95 »

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #1996 : November 23, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »

As referenced above....

"On Nov. 11, 1992, Dolores Alfond, the sister of missing airman Capt. Victor Apodaca and chair of the National Alliance of Families, an organization of relatives of POW/MIAs, testified at one of the Senate committee’s public hearings. She asked for information about data the government had gathered from electronic devices used in a classified program known as PAVE SPIKE.
The devices were motion sensors, dropped by air, designed to pick up enemy troop movements. Shaped on one end like a spike with an electronic pod and antenna on top, they were designed to stick in the ground as they fell. Air Force planes would drop them along the Ho Chi Minh trail and other supply routes. The devices, though primarily sensors, also had rescue capabilities. Someone on the ground—a downed airman or a prisoner on a labor gang —could manually enter data into the sensor. All data were regularly collected electronically by U.S. planes flying overhead. Alfond stated, without any challenge or contradiction by the committee, that in 1974, a year after the supposedly complete return of prisoners, the gathered data showed that a person or people had manually entered into the sensors—as U.S. pilots had been trained to do—no less than 20 authenticator numbers that corresponded exactly to the classified authenticator numbers of 20 U.S. POWs who were lost in Laos. Alfond added, according to the transcript, “This PAVE SPIKE intelligence is seamless, but the committee has not discussed it or released what it knows about PAVE SPIKE.”

McCain attended that committee hearing specifically to confront Alfond because of her criticism of the panel’s work. He bellowed and berated her for quite a while. His face turning anger-pink, he accused her of “denigrating” his “patriotism.” The bullying had its effect—she began to cry.

After a pause Alfond recovered and tried to respond to his scorching tirade, but McCain simply turned away and stormed out of the room. The PAVE SPIKE file has never been declassified. We still don’t know anything about those 20 POWs."

« : November 23, 2012, 11:18:32 AM Durango 95 »

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #1997 : November 23, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »

It's unAmerican to dispute that someone is a war hero? I think that it's unAmerican to call someone unAmerican for that.

you mean just like it would be unAmerican to try and squelch someone expressing that someone else is unAmerican?

slip meet slope. 

The irony of a **CENSORED** like CBW criticizing McCain .....
« : November 23, 2012, 03:38:05 PM VinBucFan »

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #1998 : November 23, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »

It's unAmerican to dispute that someone is a war hero? I think that it's unAmerican to call someone unAmerican for that.

you mean just like it would be unAmerican to try and squelch someone expressing that someone else is unAmerican?

slip meet slope.

You can't really be this much of an idiot. You're messing with us, right?

The irony of a **CENSORED** like CBW criticizing McCain .....

Um......I didn't criticize McCain, you mongoloid. Now, that's not to say that I disagree with Durango 95 here, but if you are going to call someone out for something, perhaps you would look less like a pathetic, petulant troll that's hanging off of my nut sacks if you actually called out the right person.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #1999 : November 24, 2012, 06:38:57 AM »

Um......I didn't criticize McCain, you mongoloid. Now, that's not to say that I disagree with Durango 95 here, but if you are going to call someone out for something, perhaps you would look less like a pathetic, petulant troll that's hanging off of my nut sacks if you actually called out the right person.

ROFLMAO.  You cannot help but spin, spin, spin.  It is that ^^^^^^ kind of ridiculous hair splitting that proves my point about your DISHONESTY.  You just typed "I didn't criticize McCain" when about 5 posts earlier you typed THIS:

Now, I can already read the STUPID LIES that will follow.  "I didnt cricize McCain, I just posted a link that criticized McCain" (Kind of like, I just endorse Durango's comments --  ROFLMAO).   Not only are you the most DISHONEST poster on this website you're a TURD of the highest order and an even bigger **CENSORED** because you run from your own cowardly acts.

Now go on, spin, spin, spin, spin

« : November 24, 2012, 06:46:59 AM VinBucFan »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #2000 : November 24, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »

ROFLMAO.  You cannot help but spin, spin, spin.  It is that ^^^^^^ kind of ridiculous hair splitting that proves my point about your DISHONESTY.  You just typed "I didn't criticize McCain" when about 5 posts earlier you typed THIS:

Now, I can already read the STUPID LIES that will follow.  "I didnt cricize McCain, I just posted a link that criticized McCain" (Kind of like, I just endorse Durango's comments --  ROFLMAO).   Not only are you the most DISHONEST poster on this website you're a TURD of the highest order and an even bigger **CENSORED** because you run from your own cowardly acts.

Just let CBW and Durango keep going. They're on a roll :

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #2001 : November 24, 2012, 10:22:43 AM »

Vin, let's be honest. This scrap of yours w/ CBW is a personal thing and has precious little to do w/ McCain. I was the one that stated I didn't view him as a war hero then backed it up w/ examples on how I came to that opinion. I haven't seen anyone post anything that agrees w/ that opinion. So it's obvious this is a personal grudge you're carrying out . I mean otherwise you would come at me for not recognizing McCranky as a war hero.

Seriously, dude.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #2002 : November 24, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »

Vin, let's be honest. This scrap of yours w/ CBW is a personal thing and has precious little to do w/ McCain. I was the one that stated I didn't view him as a war hero then backed it up w/ examples on how I came to that opinion. I haven't seen anyone post anything that agrees w/ that opinion. So it's obvious this is a personal grudge you're carrying out . I mean otherwise you would come at me for not recognizing McCranky as a war hero.

Seriously, dude.

"seriously dude"  ?

Durango, your comments dont matter (to me at least) because you dont mean them -- or at least it is impossible for me to distinguish between your actual point of view and your obvious trolling.  If you really think all of that about McCain, then good for you for actually OWNING the point of view. If you don',t then not surprising. 

On McCain, his courage in Hanoi is not a license to be an ass, but it also means he is deserving of more respec, especially from people who have never put themselves even close to a similar situation. I am with Spartan on that issue

I don't have a "personal thing" with CBW, I just think he is funny because he is such a LIAR in support of his political views and, as I mentioned above, he is a coward too.   i offered a comment, he came back with a LIE, as he often does.  I pointed it out.  No big deal

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #2003 : November 24, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »

I don't have a "personal thing" with CBW,

No, you don't have a personal thing with me, but I think it's pretty obvious to all that you have a personal thing for me. I know this is a confusing time for you, so I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't like you that way. So please, kindly focus your nut hanging on someone else. Dolorous Jason seems to be up your butt pretty often these days. There may be a future for you two crazy kids.

I just think he is funny because he is such a LIAR in support of his political views and, as I mentioned above, he is a coward too.   i offered a comment, he came back with a LIE, as he often does.  I pointed it out.  No big deal

Prove it's a lie. Post my criticism of McCain. If you can't, that would make you a liar, right?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #2004 : November 24, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »

Prove it's a lie. Post my criticism of McCain. If you can't, that would make you a liar, right?

Seriously?  Are you blind or you just want me to post it again so you can  . . . spin, spin, spin, spin .  okay

Um......I didn't criticize McCain, you mongoloid.

Like I said, you are a LIAR (and a coward) .  . . (here comes the spin)
« : November 24, 2012, 01:29:17 PM VinBucFan »

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #2005 : November 24, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »

Seriously?  Are you blind or you just want me to post it again so you can  . . . spin, spin, spin, spin .  okay

A) I was pointing out the irony of those defending McCain attacking a poster (Durango 95) for going after a POW when McCain himself has gone after other POW's.

B) That was one post in which I had no direct criticisms of John McCain that you chose to single out over the numerous posts from Durango 95 that directly expressed criticisms of McCain.

It's obvious to all that you are swinging from my grapefruits, Vince. It's obvious that you are following me from thread to thread like a lovesick schoolgirl and commenting on every single post I make. And even if they don't express it in a post, everyone is laughing at you for it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #2006 : November 24, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »

A) I was pointing out the irony of those defending McCain attacking a poster (Durango 95) for going after a POW when McCain himself has gone after other POW's.

B) That was one post in which I had no direct criticisms of John McCain that you chose to single out over the numerous posts from Durango 95 that directly expressed criticisms of McCain.

Hahahahahahaahahah . . . . you  are SO PREDICTABLE.  This is what I posted earlier WORD FOR WORD:

"Now, I can already read the STUPID LIES that will follow.  "I didnt cricize McCain, I just posted a link that criticized McCain" (Kind of like, I just endorse Durango's comments --  ROFLMAO)"

Look at your freakin spin .  .Hahaah . . . you cant even help yourself.  spin, spin, spin.  "No direct criticisms" ==" "I just posted a link"   

Man, I almost feel bad for you.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #2007 : November 24, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »

who is so scared of their own shadow that they post a link trashing a guy and then run from it by saying "I had no direct criticisms"? Funnier yet when you consider that this is all anonymous posting . . . man . . .

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #2008 : November 24, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »

"I didnt cricize McCain, I just posted a link that criticized McCain"

What's telling is you calling this a lie when anyone with a basic grasp of reading comprehension and common sense can look at my post and see that it's basically exactly what I did. But why let facts get in the way of your trollfest. My sack needs a rest though, Vinny. Maybe you can go back to swinging on Biggs' or Java's for a while.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #2009 : November 24, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »

"I didnt cricize McCain, I just posted a link that criticized McCain"

What's telling is you calling this a lie when anyone with a basic grasp of reading comprehension and common sense can look at my post and see that it's basically exactly what I did.

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha .  . . . .holy **CENSORED** that is funny . . . only CBW can come up with that hillarious parsing . . . . spin, spin, spin . . . "I did not criticize him by posting a link that criticized him. In fact, I posted the link to PRAISE him"   ROFLMAO 

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Left to your own devices you play right to your weaknesses . .
  Page: 1 ... 132 133 134 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools