Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : September 14, 2012, 06:01:17 AM

Miserable performance.  Not even enthused to return to future games - can't believe the team looks so bad in Holtz's second season. Knew it by the way they played against their first two opponents.  No reason to lose to a bad Rutgers team. Nice run by Jamison to clinch the game.

: September 14, 2012, 06:39:14 AM Morgan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 14, 2012, 07:53:52 AM

His third season and he is now 4-11 in the Big East.  Pathetic

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#17 : September 14, 2012, 09:43:42 AM

Will people please finally concede that BJ Daniels is a GARBAGE QB?

Please!!!

**CENSORED**!!!!!! I've only been saying it for 3 years. When we were good, it's because we had a good defense and a really good QB in Grothe. We seriously have no QBs better than Daniels? Again, a question I've been asking for 3 years, too.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 17, 2012, 11:48:21 AM

USF is very dissapointing.

I wish we could bring Leavitt back

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 22, 2012, 07:41:29 PM

Lose to Ball State.   2 picks by BJ.  At least 2 costly personal fouls that I know of.   Defense pushed all over the field.    Anyone have Leavitt's number.   100% on the fire Skip bandwagon.  Looks like next Saturday is our Super Bowl.  Hoping for a big game from FSU tonight so we catch them on a let down possibly.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 25, 2012, 08:56:28 AM

Bring Leavitt.

He'll come back.

That's it.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 28, 2012, 09:40:49 AM

Going to the game. Not really looking forward to seeing USF getting dominated - but will be interesting to see the #4 team, and could be national champs play.  Game is supposed to be sold out.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 28, 2012, 01:10:39 PM

gonna be 60/40 FSU fans at least. we havent played in Tampa since 1979 and the majority of our fanbase lives in this portion of florida

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 28, 2012, 02:06:21 PM

Just another sign that people in Tampa don't support the local teams -

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 28, 2012, 02:43:13 PM

Just another sign that people in Tampa don't support the local teams -

nope. plus USF doesnt get the students interested in football. they really need a stadium on campus to get students more into USF football. hell i bet more FSU fans bought USF tickets this year just to get tickets to this game than USF fans bought tickets overall. i know alot of FSU fans  were buying the season tickets for $99 and selling the rest of the tickets for whatever they can get since its cheaper than getting them on stubhub

i know USF has only been playing football for 16 years but theyve done a very poor job of getting the fanbase built up. i realize its hard to do since there are so many UF and FSU grads living in tampa bay but they dont do a whole lot to get people to the games. they also get a bad rep because of how their fans act during football season. they run their mouths at the begginning of the season and disappear the first time USF loses. i have friends that went to USF that are embarrassed of their fanbase because of how they act at games. a buddy of mine went to a game last year and saw tons of drunken fights between USF fans, not between them and visitors. from what i gather its not very family friendly
: September 28, 2012, 02:46:57 PM dexmonkey

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 28, 2012, 05:03:46 PM

What a couple of idiotic posts.   The majority of the area is FSU and UF alums and fans of nationally recognized programs that may not of attended either school.  Of course if either team plays here (at least FSU is willing to) there is going to be a big turnout.  I doubt it will be 60-40 FSU fans, but if it is so be it. 

As for the fighting crap, I have been going to USF games since the beginning.  Not every game but well over half and probably close to 3/4ths and I can count on 1 hand the number of fights I have seen at a game.   I've been to games and both FSU and UF (only a few at each) and seen fights at both.   I've taken my children to several games including night games and never had a problem nor has any of my friends that attend many more games than I do (season ticket holders since the beginning).   Very family friendly.   Maybe UM or FSU games will be different (although I only saw a couple of Miami fans hauled away last year when I went to that game).   Soooooooooooooooooooooo, somebody is lying.  Whether it is youuuuuuuuuuuuu or your buddy is for you to decide.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 28, 2012, 05:45:58 PM

dont know why my buddy would make that up since hes a USF student. he was also in the student section and much alcohol was consumed so that has something to do with it im sure. there are fights at every college sporting event but ive heard from numberous people about how they see them all the time at USF games. ive never gone so im taking their word on that.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 28, 2012, 07:04:55 PM

Have been to a few USF games .  Tend to resemble high school games as it seemed most of the students were more interested in staying on the cell phones and waving at different parts of the stadium to their friends rather than watching the actual game.  Of course since it has been sometime since I have attended other college teams around the state it is possible that this is normal for most college games today........ though it doesn't appear that way on the tube........ "Look at me!     What game? Who won?  Who is playing?  I have to go the bathroom.  Lets go to the concession stand for the 5th or 6th time see if our friends are there...."

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 28, 2012, 10:35:50 PM

Have been to a few USF games .  Tend to resemble high school games as it seemed most of the students were more interested in staying on the cell phones and waving at different parts of the stadium to their friends rather than watching the actual game.  Of course since it has been sometime since I have attended other college teams around the state it is possible that this is normal for most college games today........ though it doesn't appear that way on the tube........ "Look at me!     What game? Who won?  Who is playing?  I have to go the bathroom.  Lets go to the concession stand for the 5th or 6th time see if our friends are there...."

that's funny because when I do see USF student section on TV they all seem to very into the game and every time I've been to Doak for a FSU game I was in concession line forever behind students

you clowns should get a life

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 29, 2012, 12:34:58 AM

that's funny because when I do see USF student section on TV they all seem to very into the game and every time I've been to Doak for a FSU game I was in concession line forever behind students

you clowns should get a life

touchy touchy. im just saying what i have heard first hand and what i have observed. do you disagree that USF hasnt done a good enough job promoting their football program? can you honestly tell me that the students overall and the alumni are major supporters of the program?  i dont think you can. theres no reason USF should have lackluster support with how many alumni live in this area. i think it would do well for them to build a small stadium on campus, 30-40000 seats with room to expand more seats, doesnt need to be massive like UF or FSU. that would massviely help the program and bridge the gap between the football team and the students
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools