Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : September 29, 2012, 09:24:43 PM

Props to USF for making the game competitive.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 29, 2012, 11:06:33 PM

USF was scrappy today as you'd expect; this was their super bowl.  that untimed play at the end of the 3rd with the sack/fumble was the key play.  as an FSU fan, disappointed that we didn't cash in on enough opportunities in the red zone. i also didn't like the yardage we gave up on the ground, especially with USF being so one dimensional this game.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 30, 2012, 08:01:48 AM

Wasn't impressed w/ FSU whatsoever. They'll get beat sometime down the road if they play like they did last night.

Disappointed that Skip didn't challenge that long sideline catch in the second half. Disappointed that he didn't just have a couple of running plays when BJ was out.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#33 : September 30, 2012, 08:05:19 AM

Wasn't impressed w/ FSU whatsoever. They'll get beat sometime down the road if they play like they did last night.

Disappointed that Skip didn't challenge that long sideline catch in the second half. Disappointed that he didn't just have a couple of running plays when BJ was out.

+1

Runole

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 30, 2012, 10:58:31 AM

It was USF's super bowl and likely will be their best performance of the year if past history is any indicator.  FSU played its worst game of the year so I can readily understand those critical of the performance.   Clearly FSU dialed it in and just played not to lose while USF played as though their whole season depended on the result of this game.  Moral victories are nice but until USF actually wins the big least such games really mean little.

Wasn't at the game but it looked like a SEA OF GARNET in the stadium. Only time I saw USF fans was when the camera did close ups.  For someone at the game what was the ratio of FSU to USF at the game ?

Looked like a Doak Campbell home crowd on TV.  Wonder why the TV announcers never acknowledged this?

FSU definitely needs to schedule more games against other ACC teams at RJS  after seeing such a record attendance.  Duke, Wake, BC, or Maryland would be good. and lucrative for both programs.

Definitely a strong part of the FSU fan base resides in the bay area.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 30, 2012, 11:07:32 AM

Have been to a few USF games .  Tend to resemble high school games as it seemed most of the students were more interested in staying on the cell phones and waving at different parts of the stadium to their friends rather than watching the actual game.  Of course since it has been sometime since I have attended other college teams around the state it is possible that this is normal for most college games today........ though it doesn't appear that way on the tube........ "Look at me!     What game? Who won?  Who is playing?  I have to go the bathroom.  Lets go to the concession stand for the 5th or 6th time see if our friends are there...."

that's funny because when I do see USF student section on TV they all seem to very into the game and every time I've been to Doak for a FSU game I was in concession line forever behind students

you clowns should get a life

touchy touchy. im just saying what i have heard first hand and what i have observed. do you disagree that USF hasnt done a good enough job promoting their football program? can you honestly tell me that the students overall and the alumni are major supporters of the program?  i dont think you can. theres no reason USF should have lackluster support with how many alumni live in this area. i think it would do well for them to build a small stadium on campus, 30-40000 seats with room to expand more seats, doesnt need to be massive like UF or FSU. that would massviely help the program and bridge the gap between the football team and the students

When USF dropped its series with UCF it spoke volumes of the ignorance of those running the program.  Rivalries are what make CFB the game it is.  Watch next season when the UCF game is back on the schedule perhaps rather than avoiding a natural rival USF fans will embrace it.   Trying to protect a fragile ego over fear of a loss is not what Big boy football should be about.   Of course the poster child for that has to be the University of Florida who have avoided traveling out of state for out of conference games like the plague.

Another question? I thought there was to be another scheduled game between USF and UF at Benny Hill since UF refuses to come to Tampa to play the Bulls like both Miami and FSU.

Was there a scheduled game? 

Was it cancelled?

If so who cancelled it?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 30, 2012, 11:12:12 AM

Looked like a Doak Campbell home crowd on TV.  Wonder why the TV announcers never acknowledged this?

Disagree.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 30, 2012, 11:18:41 AM

It was USF's super bowl and likely will be their best performance of the year if past history is any indicator.  FSU played its worst game of the year so I can readily understand those critical of the performance.   Clearly FSU dialed it in and just played not to lose while USF played as though their whole season depended on the result of this game.  Moral victories are nice but until USF actually wins the big least such games really mean little.

Wasn't at the game but it looked like a SEA OF GARNET in the stadium. Only time I saw USF fans was when the camera did close ups.  For someone at the game what was the ratio of FSU to USF at the game ?

FSU definitely needs to schedule more games against other ACC teams at RJS  after seeing such a record attendance.  Duke, Wake, BC, or Maryland would be good. and lucrative for both programs.

i was at the game and id say 50/50 on the fans. all the FSU sections were full in the upper deck. they announced a sellout but theres no way unless alot of people just didnt show up. there were whole sections in the corners high and low that were completely empty. some of the USF sections in the ower corners by club level were empty as well unless they just dont sell tickets to them. i have no idea

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 30, 2012, 11:23:01 AM

we definately didnt play our sharpest game. i dont think the team was all that motivated and we looked hungover after the big game last weekend. we started out really flat on defense. im not sure what USF was doing in the first quarter but they were running the ball really well on our defense which usually doesnt happen. i dont know if they were trapping our DTs or what but it was working. the two TDs we allowed daniels to run for really dissappointed me. you know Daniels is an excellent runner, hes a smaller copy of EJ manuel, and we lose contain on him. smh

USF played a tough game and had me a bit worried for a while. if you guys can play the rest of the season like you did against us you will win most of the games you play

Runole

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 30, 2012, 11:28:48 AM

Disagree.

except for close ups whenever they panned the stadium it looked like a sea of garnet on TV.   If you recorded it or if not check the replay tonight on Sunshine and see if you don't agree.  Just sayin'

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 30, 2012, 12:03:34 PM

i was at the game and id say 50/50 on the fans. all the FSU sections were full in the upper deck. they announced a sellout but theres no way unless alot of people just didnt show up. there were whole sections in the corners high and low that were completely empty. some of the USF sections in the ower corners by club level were empty as well unless they just dont sell tickets to them. i have no idea

Possibly if you took all the standing room only and the mob on the landings in the north and southside, maybe the seats would have been filled in. I expect the attendance number was tickets sold and not actually the attendance, probably.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 30, 2012, 12:03:49 PM

When USF dropped its series with UCF it spoke volumes of the ignorance of those running the program.  Rivalries are what make CFB the game it is.  Watch next season when the UCF game is back on the schedule perhaps rather than avoiding a natural rival USF fans will embrace it.   Trying to protect a fragile ego over fear of a loss is not what Big boy football should be about.   Of course the poster child for that has to be the University of Florida who have avoided traveling out of state for out of conference games like the plague.

you are absolutely one of the most ignorant posters on the board

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 30, 2012, 12:37:24 PM

Possibly if you took all the standing room only and the mob on the landings in the north and southside, maybe the seats would have been filled in. I expect the attendance number was tickets sold and not actually the attendance, probably.

definately wasnt actual attendance. they might have gone with tickets sold. if there were more than 55000 there im shocked. there were bunches of people on the party deck and by the pirate ship but not enough to fill the whole stadium by any measure. i think alot of people decided to stay home because of the crappy weather before the game

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 30, 2012, 02:35:52 PM

of course it is tickets sold, it always is.   tons of tickets were bought up by scalpers as well,  wonder if there were any good deals after kickoff.  we talked to one briefly and they were still buying them for face value just before kickoff.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 30, 2012, 06:25:17 PM

you are absolutely one of the most ignorant posters on the board

The truth hurts  i understand that. No need to be insultingly ridiculous  due to embarrassment.  The USF administration continues to baffle me with some of their decisions. That they actually refused to sell available tickets to FSU fans has been reported from several sources. WTF?   Bush league at its finest just like dropping UCF from the schedule. Glad to see they now are back on the schedule.   Natural rivalry.   Embrace it . Enjoy it . It is the essence of what make football special especially college.

FSU Miami and UF are not likely to be playing USF again anytime after Miami's final game next season.   Conference realignment will not permit it.

Poor USF facing the potential horrors of a loss to UCF!!   Oh the Humanity!!   I would rather lose a game than cowardly avoid such a result by refusing to play a team that is so incredibly similar to USF in every way.  The avoidance would be like Plant High refusing to play Armwood.

It will be interesting to see if USF actually uses this "Moral victory:" as a springboard to better performance or tank it like they have every year since entering the big east.  We shall see... 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools