Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#45 : September 30, 2012, 06:50:10 PM

blah blah blah.  what a moron ......
: September 30, 2012, 06:58:13 PM olafberserker

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : September 30, 2012, 07:08:20 PM

USF entered a BCS conference less than a decade after starting their program.   What exactly was UCF going to do for the advancement of their program?  Not a damn thing.  Scared of them?   Yeah, we beat them 4 straight years by an average of over 20 points per game.   They really had us nervous.   You're just a bad troll, that's all you are.  Armwood/Plant ..... great comparison.  lol  Hell, those two teams probably would have scared us more than UCF.  We should have scheduled them as our homecoming game every year.
: September 30, 2012, 07:12:51 PM olafberserker

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#47 : October 01, 2012, 10:05:23 AM

The truth hurts  i understand that. No need to be insultingly ridiculous  due to embarrassment.  The USF administration continues to baffle me with some of their decisions. That they actually refused to sell available tickets to FSU fans has been reported from several sources. WTF?   Bush league at its finest just like dropping UCF from the schedule. Glad to see they now are back on the schedule.   Natural rivalry.   Embrace it . Enjoy it . It is the essence of what make football special especially college.

FSU Miami and UF are not likely to be playing USF again anytime after Miami's final game next season.   Conference realignment will not permit it.

Poor USF facing the potential horrors of a loss to UCF!!   Oh the Humanity!!   I would rather lose a game than cowardly avoid such a result by refusing to play a team that is so incredibly similar to USF in every way.  The avoidance would be like Plant High refusing to play Armwood.

It will be interesting to see if USF actually uses this "Moral victory:" as a springboard to better performance or tank it like they have every year since entering the big east.  We shall see...

The closest thing to a victory that UCF has ever had against USF is a moral one.

You guys have had oodles of years before USF's FB program started to establish yourself as somehting more than just Sun-Belt trash. Yet, you failed and failed miserably. Now that USF was able to put itself on the map, UCF has been doing everything humanly possible to latch itself on USF's jockstrap. Kinda sad if you ask me.

Just remember, it's only because of USF that you 'Gnats' will even play in the BE.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#48 : October 01, 2012, 02:46:16 PM

USF entered a BCS conference less than a decade after starting their program.   What exactly was UCF going to do for the advancement of their program?  Not a damn thing.  Scared of them?   Yeah, we beat them 4 straight years by an average of over 20 points per game.   They really had us nervous.   You're just a bad troll, that's all you are.  Armwood/Plant ..... great comparison.  lol  Hell, those two teams probably would have scared us more than UCF.  We should have scheduled them as our homecoming game every year.

So if they were such an easy win  why drop them from the schedule? Didn't the last game go to overtime?    UCF and USF absolutely hate each other and it is so obvious it is really pretty funny.   Look forward to seeing them play every year from now on.   Actually, I think the best move the old big 12 could make would be to invite both USF and UCF to be members of that conference because the big east is hanging by a thread for any relevancy at all.

Advancement of the program?      If that was such a priority UF, UM, and FSU should never play UCF or USF.     One thing certain FSU needs to start scheduling games in Tampa against other ACC teams rather than playing at their venues.  The largest attendance at RJS ( save Super Bowls) sends a huge marketing message to FSU.

Despite the fact that USF withheld tickets and forced FSU to only bring its pep band the game was an economic success.   UCF vs USF is always a large attendance at both Orlando and Tampa..... Isn't that what is most important in CFB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#49 : October 01, 2012, 08:30:30 PM

blah blah blah, just say you're a troll that doesn't know what he's talking about and move along .....

Runole

Hall of Famer
#50 : October 01, 2012, 08:51:20 PM

blah blah blah, just say you're a troll that doesn't know what he's talking about and move along .....

If you can't dispute the assertions revert to name calling.... What a convincing counterpoint!   :D ;)

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 01, 2012, 10:00:32 PM

So if they were such an easy win  why drop them from the schedule? Didn't the last game go to overtime?    UCF and USF absolutely hate each other and it is so obvious it is really pretty funny.   Look forward to seeing them play every year from now on.   Actually, I think the best move the old big 12 could make would be to invite both USF and UCF to be members of that conference because the big east is hanging by a thread for any relevancy at all.

Advancement of the program?      If that was such a priority UF, UM, and FSU should never play UCF or USF.     One thing certain FSU needs to start scheduling games in Tampa against other ACC teams rather than playing at their venues.  The largest attendance at RJS ( save Super Bowls) sends a huge marketing message to FSU.

Despite the fact that USF withheld tickets and forced FSU to only bring its pep band the game was an economic success.   UCF vs USF is always a large attendance at both Orlando and Tampa..... Isn't that what is most important in CFB?

they see me trollin
they hatin

seriously give it up

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 02, 2012, 07:45:06 AM

If you can't dispute the assertions revert to name calling.... What a convincing counterpoint!   :D ;)

your stupid points have been shot down so many times all we "hear" is blah blah blah .... you're a troll

Runole

Hall of Famer
#53 : October 02, 2012, 05:23:44 PM

your stupid points have been shot down so many times all we "hear" is blah blah blah .... you're a troll

I often find that those of extremely low intellect often utter such responses when they have no valid counterpoint.   A troll? what are you 12 years old?

Who is this "WE" you speak of?   Is this some imaginary army that you are in charge?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#54 : October 02, 2012, 07:38:00 PM

I often find that those of extremely low intellect often utter such responses when they have no valid counterpoint.   A troll? what are you 12 years old?

Who is this "WE" you speak of?   Is this some imaginary army that you are in charge?

Really, I find people of extremely low intellect roam around message boards making crap up to try and instigate arguments (i.e. troll).  There usually needs to be a point before someone can offer a "counterpoint".   Move along runatroll

Runole

Hall of Famer
#55 : October 03, 2012, 06:29:11 AM

Posted by another most ignorant???? fan concerning the clear and cogent points that you can't seem to refute in any manner other than name calling!! lol

I have never seen such an amateur production that what I witnessed on Saturday.  I realize USF is a directional commuter school that does not understand big time college football, but I expected their athletic department to at least understand basic economic principles.  The blatant disrespect and lack of hospitality they showed FSU fans cost them any chance they had of ever scheduling another game with one of the in-state powers and several hundred thousand dollars worth of revenue in ticket sales alone.  How can you justify leaving entire sections unsold when there were thousands upon thousands of FSU fans that would have happily bought them up?  I personally know 10 people that wanted to go to Tampa for the game but were unable to purchase any tickets online so they stayed home in South Florida.  That is thousands of dollars of concessions and parking left on the table, thousands of hotel rooms left empty, thousands of restaurant and bar tabs left unsold, and millions of dollars that the local economy did not take in because the USF athletic department wanted to play some Mickey Mouse amateur hour with their ticket sales.   

Limiting the tickets you gave for our band when there were entire sections left unsold is a chump move.  College football is about pageantry and tradition, something your athletic department obviously does not possess or understand.  FSU embraces our visiting school's band and often allow them to play their own songs out on the field during halftime.  It's called class USF, you could have bought some with our ticket money if you actually sold out the crappy stadium you rent.

Adding insult to injury, USF decides to kick out the media from the press area 20 minutes after the game when they were busy writing their post game articles.  News Flash USF, this is what happens after big time football games where people actually want to read about.  The press actually writes articles about the game and they do that immediately following the game while the action is still fresh in their minds.  This is unbelievable that the media relations department at USF would think that kicking out the media is acceptable.  Good luck getting positive press about your program anytime soon.  Busch League is probably giving them too much credit.

I never had anything against USF previous to this Saturday as I always root for the 2nd and 3rd tier Florida schools in Sports (FIU, FAU, UCF, USF, etc).  After what I experienced this past weekend I will openly root for that school to fail for the rest of my natural life.   

My only disagreement with this fan's opinion is I think RJS is not a crappy stadium. Other than that ,he is exactly right in his criticism of USF and their bush league actions.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#56 : October 03, 2012, 06:35:11 AM

Here is another:

USF Has a Long Way to Go

I am a Tampa resident and Seminole fan who has been looking forward to this matchup since it was announced. I have to say (other than FSU winning) that I was very disappointed with the overall experience.  I think the university got too greedy in its approach to selling tickets.  Most fans were forced to either buy season tickets or scalp the tickets on Stubhub. I ended up spending $175 per ticket for a $50 face value.  I assumed that this was market value until I got to the game. There were literally thousands of empty seats, entire sections, that would have most certainly been gobbled up by USF, FSU, and neutral fans.  I would guess that USF forfeited  hundreds of thousands of revenue by refusing to sell single game tickets.  They also  left a bad taste for all of us who paid too much for our artificially inflated tickets.  Looks like the only people that made out were the scalpers.

Also, FSU's band was placed in the corner of the upper deck where they could barely be heard.  I know we were not the home team, but really??

This was a golden opportunity for USF to fill up the stadium and showcase their product to the area.  They could have produced a college game atmosphere that would compare to FSU or UF. Like me, there are thousands of FSU fans that live in Tampa and pull for USF when they are not playing the Noles.  But until they figure out how to host a big time game I will watch from home.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#57 : October 03, 2012, 07:42:11 AM

What does either of those comments by disgruntled semenhole fans have to do with UCF moron!!!  Keep it up runatroll.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#58 : October 03, 2012, 03:20:15 PM

UCF?  That problem has already been solved with USF stifling their screaming angst at playing a perfect rival from now on. Assuming the big east doesn't go completely extinct now that they are no longer a BCS conference.( Not that this should mean anything with a real playoff on the horizon) The annual game should be fun for both programs. Oh and USF HORRORS! might actually lose to UCF. Oh the humanity!! LOL

Unlike you, I don't claim an imaginary army that I represent. I just thought that those Nole fan takes on the game were spot on to what my main points in this thread have been.
USF needs to stop acting bush league and learn how to be a "BIG BOY" football program and not pull such nonsense.  Any wonder why? Miami is no longer going to play USF?  Same goes for FSU...   USF successfully burned some bridges hosting this game..  Not to worry, I am sure that when UCF comes to town the stadium will be packed once again hopefully USF won't be so reticent to sell tickets when that happens.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#59 : October 03, 2012, 06:00:47 PM

Unlike you, I don't claim an imaginary army that I represent.

Army?  we = army?   lol, no you just claim to have a clue about crap you know nothing about and then troll other teams threads.   The whippin' you took at the Doak stung that bad huh?

Miami is no longer going to play USF?  Same goes for FSU...   

Obviously they're afraid of USF.  GO BULLS!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools