Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

Runole

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 04, 2012, 01:17:58 PM

The series between both may have been continued had it not been such a bush league and amateurish way it was handled.

Not selling or holding back tickets?  ridiculous

I really hope USF didn't shoot their wad on last weekend's game.  Would really like to see them win the big east..

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 04, 2012, 08:18:49 PM

Yeah, whatever.  They're just scared of getting beat again.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#62 : October 05, 2012, 09:55:35 AM

its really not about being scared of playing USF.

FSU should never have played USF in the first place. nothing to gain and everything to lose. you win, you were supposed to. you lose, no matter how good USF is, and its the upset of the century. whether you like it or not, USF isnt on the same level as UF or FSU as an established program. FSU's AD put the program in a no-win situation, completely piss-poor decision making at the top.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#63 : October 06, 2012, 10:08:40 AM

Yeah, whatever.  They're just scared of getting beat again.

As the poster above states FSU doesn't need USF to validate itself.  The point is even though USF made some incredible progress from its modest beginnings it has also made some bad decisions. Dropping UCF was the first.  The second was the bush league way they hosted this years game with the ticket withholding etc.  That was petty and uncalled for and certainly the reason FSU has no need to put them on the schedule again. I do believe despite USF's efforts to sabotage the ticket sales to FSU, the overall result showed that the Tampa Bay area is a huge FSU market that needs to be cultivated. An occasional game held in Tampa against possibly some ACC team looking for a better pay day then they get at home should be pursued.

Oh and I believe the scoreboard showed a more realistic difference between the two programs. Could have been a lot worse.  USF played their Super Bowl and lost now they again must show that folding their tents and finishing at the bottom of the big east again doesn't help the program.  Hopefully, this "moral" victory won't be the only thing USF can hold up at the end of the season.  Clearly, USF played its best game of the season against FSU.  They need to build off of that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 06, 2012, 12:59:32 PM

Point?  You're only point is to troll other teams threads with nonsense.   Yes it could have been a lot worse for florida state if USF did not start off so slowly it surely would have been another L for the scrub noles in this rivalry.   It's obvious that Florida State is afraid that they will lose to the Bulls.   
: October 06, 2012, 01:02:12 PM olafberserker

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#65 : October 06, 2012, 03:25:34 PM

Maybe Holtz ought to strangle a couple of players to get them motivated. More disgusting play by his team. Not even worth watching.  Bucs and Bulls = lousy, lousy football watching for me this football season.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 06, 2012, 03:32:56 PM

yeah im thinking USF is gonna have a new coach next year.  you guys have dropped 4 straight games now and its gonna be 5 straight next week because i dont see you guys beating Louisville either. these losses are on the coaching, outside of the FSU game you guys should have won every game thus far. if Holtz doesnt get something going you could very well lose every game thats left on the schedule. Holtz is very much in danger of losing the team

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 06, 2012, 04:10:28 PM

When Addazio outcoaches you....pull the plug.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#68 : October 07, 2012, 11:14:59 AM

Guess the scrubanoles couldn't overcome the hang over of pulling off the big win over USF last weekend.   No wonder they are scared to continue the series with the Bulls.

and fire Skip now.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 07, 2012, 04:37:05 PM

Fire Skip

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 07, 2012, 05:40:42 PM

Guess the scrubanoles couldn't overcome the hang over of pulling off the big win over USF last weekend.   No wonder they are scared to continue the series with the Bulls.

and fire Skip now.

A little schadenfreude?  LOL    Perhaps FSU should stop playing Miami and UF and follow USF's lead on how to deal with rivals? lol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#71 : October 07, 2012, 06:25:03 PM

lolz

In fairness to Addazio, he was always thought to be better Head Coaching material.  He just sucks rocks as a playcaller.

I definitely thought Holtz would do better than he's done at USF, but it looks like he'll be coaching for his job the remainder of the season.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#72 : October 07, 2012, 06:55:42 PM

lolz

In fairness to Addazio, he was always thought to be better Head Coaching material.  He just sucks rocks as a playcaller.

I definitely thought Holtz would do better than he's done at USF, but it looks like he'll be coaching for his job the remainder of the season.

Holtz pretty much has 1 foot in the grave right now. hes going to have to really pull out all the stops to remain employed. im think hes going to have to have 7 wins and not blow any loses at all at this point

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#73 : October 09, 2012, 04:24:16 PM

What was our bowl-eligibility streak with Leavitt?

What is it now in the 2 years with Holtz (and yes, this year is a goner)?

Fire this jackass already.

In his 2nd year here, he has already taken this team from top 4 FL school to now a FIU/FAU/UCF bottom-feeder.

Who the **CENSORED** loses to Temple and Ball State in the same season? This is disgusting to watch.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#74 : October 09, 2012, 05:36:53 PM

While firing the head coach seems to be the usual answer to most fans I am not sure in this case if that is the correct one.   Who is USF going to hire?

I hate to sound like a broken record but since my thoughts were actually pointed out by a local radio sports announcer today, I think it  should be repeated.

USF needs get rid of it's "delusions of grandeur."  Yes, they can spend a whole off season showing the world they can get up for (1) game each season but that is not the way of programs wishing to grow and get better.

Bottom line USF 1. needs to  win the Big East ((number one priority!) 2. They need to nurture the natural rivalry with their most hated team  ie  UCF!  Depending on UF, FSU, or Miami to validate their program is just not going to be that available in the future and "shooting their wad" on such games has little value if they don't build upon it to win the Big EAST.   It has become a broken record for USF to pull off one big upset and then fall apart over the last part of the season over the last 5 or 6 years. 3. Finally they need to start acting like a big time program and avoid the "bush league stuff" they did for the FSU game in Tampa.    Pretty much burned their bridges with FSU for the foreseeable future with their antics.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools