Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #150 : January 08, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »

Kyle  I am a USF grad and was an instructor for 17 years.   I am appalled at the state of the educational system today.   Oh and understand I believe one gets out of education what one puts into it.   When a supposed US student? Grad's?  every other word is calling someone a moron can't say I am the least bit impressed with his ability to carry on any objective discussion brought up on these boards.

Oh and I agree the state of higher education today is more like High School in the 60's in terms of accountability.   There was  program a few years ago called "Declining by Degrees" that pretty much nailed higher education today.  Doesn't matter what college you attend. Of course despite their failings they are light years ahead of these online colleges and local Federal Student Loan magnets that are everywhere.

Hey Nole, I'm not taking sides at all. In fact, I wish it was possible for me to have gone to FSU.....better tradition......a football team who I am a diehard fan of.....however, there is no FSU in Tampa, just USF. So now I have split-allegiances. But, arguing which is better academically is useless and virtually impossible to prove.

What did you teach?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #151 : January 08, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »

I am a USF grad and was an instructor for 17 years.

This is the best slam against USF that I've ever seen.  You just pwned USF.

I absolutely can not dispute that ...... smh

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #152 : January 09, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »

However, can't you change classes online the first week by dropping one and adding another?

Sometimes. There were atleast 4 occasions where my Oasis(I think it was called something different a couple years ago) wasn't working properly or the classes would list themselves full when they had openings.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #153 : January 09, 2013, 07:23:54 AM »

Kyle  I am a USF grad and was an instructor for 17 years.   I am appalled at the state of the educational system today.   Oh and understand I believe one gets out of education what one puts into it.   When a supposed US student? Grad's?  every other word is calling someone a moron can't say I am the least bit impressed with his ability to carry on any objective discussion brought up on these boards.

Oh and I agree the state of higher education today is more like High School in the 60's in terms of accountability.   There was  program a few years ago called "Declining by Degrees" that pretty much nailed higher education today.  Doesn't matter what college you attend. Of course despite their failings they are light years ahead of these online colleges and local Federal Student Loan magnets that are everywhere.

Hey Nole, I'm not taking sides at all. In fact, I wish it was possible for me to have gone to FSU.....better tradition......a football team who I am a diehard fan of.....however, there is no FSU in Tampa, just USF. So now I have split-allegiances. But, arguing which is better academically is useless and virtually impossible to prove.

What did you teach?

UF is the best school in the state, IMO.

UCF, and FAU are up there as well

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #154 : January 10, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »

However, can't you change classes online the first week by dropping one and adding another?

Sometimes. There were atleast 4 occasions where my Oasis(I think it was called something different a couple years ago) wasn't working properly or the classes would list themselves full when they had openings.

OASIS and Blackboard........wow, haven't heard those thrown around in years.................AND......I'll still don't miss logging in to either.....LOL

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #155 : January 18, 2013, 08:06:01 AM »

What did you teach?

Agree  Trumping one school over another is indeed lame.  I likewise was forced to go to USF due to my employment at the time and became a huge FSU fan in the early 60's long before USF even considered ever having a football team.  I was also a huge University of Tampa Spartan fan. I support USF but certainly will criticize some of  their decisions when I feel they are the wrong ones.

In answer to your question..

Biology , Marine Science, and Math as well as Health education.  Have several educators in my family. Couple have PHD's.

Oh and despite those lame attempts by some that continually disrespect, shows  more to do with their personal character flaws than anything. The fact that they continually show this unattractive trait defines them well.

As to one bragging on UF education ... A quick story by a UF grad whose love of UF is only exceeded by his personal honesty and integrity. He is very good friends with one of the top law professors in the US who teaches at UF.   Well he is vacationing in Spain and gets a call from the administrative head of the law school stating that he needs to change (4) of his failing students to passing his class.   He refuses stating that those students never even attended his class..  Didn't matter the administration insisted on a passing grade!  Now that is the prevailing story of education at all levels today everywhere!    Higher graduation rates? Nonsense!
I am far more comfortable with the instructor that fails more than half his class for not reaching the the academic standards required for passing.

I am very comfortable with my ethics, integrity, and honesty.  Being a broker requires taking an ethics test every two years.   
« : January 18, 2013, 08:07:39 AM Runole »

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #156 : March 06, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »

The University of South Florida announced its complete 2013 football schedule on Wednesday. The 12-game slate is highlighted by an eight-game conference schedule and non-conference match-ups with Miami (Fla.) and Michigan State. USF’s two other non-conference games versus McNeese State and FAU will kickoff at 7 p.m. at Raymond James Stadium, while all other kickoff times will be determined by television at a later date.

USF will open the year on Saturday, Aug. 31, when it welcomes McNeese State to Raymond James Stadium. The Bulls will continue non-conference action on Saturday, Sept. 7, when they’ll make their first trip to East Lansing, Mich. to face the Michigan State Spartans as a part of a home-and-home series.

The Bulls will continue non-conference play on Saturday, Sept. 14, when they host FAU. After enjoying a bye week (Sept. 21), USF will host in-state foe Miami on Saturday, Sept. 28.

USF will begin conference play on Saturday, Oct. 5, when they host Cincinnati at Ray-Jay, and will then travel to UConn on Saturday, Oct. 12. After another open date (Oct. 19), the Bulls will take on Louisville in Tampa on Saturday, Oct. 26. USF will have a quick turnaround to finish October, heading to Houston for a Thursday-night, ESPN clash with the Cougars on Oct. 31.

The Bulls will have the next two Saturdays off to prepare for the stretch run, starting with two consecutive home games against Memphis (Nov. 16) and SMU (Nov. 23). USF will finish the season with consecutive road games, starting with the return of UCF to the schedule. The Bulls will head to Orlando on Friday, Nov. 29 for a post-Thanksgiving Day game that is scheduled to air on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2. USF will close out the regular season on Saturday, Dec. 7 with a trip to Rutgers.

Complete 2013 Schedule

Sat., Aug. 31 McNeese State (7 p.m.)

Sat., Sept. 7 at Michigan St.

Sat., Sept. 14 FAU (7 p.m.)

Sat., Sept. 21 BYE

Sat., Sept. 28 Miami, Fla.

Sat., Oct. 5 Cincinnati*

Sat., Oct. 12 at UConn*

Sat., Oct. 19 BYE

Sat., Oct. 26 Louisville*

Thurs., Oct. 31 at Houston* (ESPN)

Sat., Nov. 9 BYE

Sat., Nov. 16 Memphis*

Sat., Nov. 23 SMU*

Fri., Nov. 29 at UCF* (ABC/ESPN or ESPN2)

Sat., Dec. 7 at Rutgers*

* - Conference games

Home Games in BOLD

Read more: http://www.620wdae.com/pages/usf.html?article=11031036#ixzz2MnswrP7q

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #157 : March 09, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »

Well I see UCF back on the schedule.  I guess we'll be in the national title game in not time

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #158 : March 11, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »

Speaking of UCF, our schedule is looking more and more "Mickey Mouse" each season. By 2015, our schedule is gonna look like some FCS trash.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #159 : March 11, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »

UCF's schedule: Mickey Mouse?
08/29/2013   vs Akron Zips   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
09/07/2013   at FIU Panthers   FIU Stadium - Miami, Florida   TBD
09/14/2013   at Penn State Nittany Lions   Beaver Stadium - State College, Pennsylvania   TBD
09/28/2013   vs South Carolina Game**CENSORED**s   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
10/05/2013   at Memphis Tigers   Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium - Memphis, Tennessee   TBD
10/18/2013   at Louisville Cardinals   Papa John's Cardinal Stadium - Louisville, Kentucky   TBD
10/26/2013   vs Connecticut Huskies   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
11/09/2013   vs Houston Cougars   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
11/16/2013   at Temple Owls   Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, Pensylvania   TBD
11/21/2013   vs Rutgers Scarlet Knights   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
11/29/2013   vs USF Bulls   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
12/07/2013   at SMU Mustangs   Gerald J Ford Stadium - Dallas, Texas

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #160 : March 12, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »

UCF's schedule: Mickey Mouse?
08/29/2013   vs Akron Zips   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
09/07/2013   at FIU Panthers   FIU Stadium - Miami, Florida   TBD
09/14/2013   at Penn State Nittany Lions   Beaver Stadium - State College, Pennsylvania   TBD
09/28/2013   vs South Carolina Game**CENSORED**s   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
10/05/2013   at Memphis Tigers   Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium - Memphis, Tennessee   TBD
10/18/2013   at Louisville Cardinals   Papa John's Cardinal Stadium - Louisville, Kentucky   TBD
10/26/2013   vs Connecticut Huskies   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
11/09/2013   vs Houston Cougars   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
11/16/2013   at Temple Owls   Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, Pensylvania   TBD
11/21/2013   vs Rutgers Scarlet Knights   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
11/29/2013   vs USF Bulls   Bright House Network Stadium - Orlando, Florida   TBD
12/07/2013   at SMU Mustangs   Gerald J Ford Stadium - Dallas, Texas

LOL.......that's definitely a Mickey Mouse schedule.......to be expected, though, of the University of Disney World.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #161 : March 12, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »

Thats actually a pretty decent schedule for UCF.

Usf, Rutgers, Louisville, and South Carolina will all be improved

Fiu, smu, and penn state aren't bad squads either

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #162 : March 12, 2013, 10:10:41 AM »

Splitting hairs, trip?

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #163 : April 07, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »

With the BIg East truthfully extinct, I would think the best choice for both UCF and USF would be to be trying to become the 11th and 12th team in the old big 12.

There would be a renewal of their rivalry with WV and I think travel costs wouldn't be that much different.  Despite the aspersions I feel that UCF vs USF is a great football rivalry to be developed for the state of Florida.  It will always draw well at both venues.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #164 : April 10, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »

With the BIg East truthfully extinct, I would think the best choice for both UCF and USF would be to be trying to become the 11th and 12th team in the old big 12.

There would be a renewal of their rivalry with WV and I think travel costs wouldn't be that much different.  Despite the aspersions I feel that UCF vs USF is a great football rivalry to be developed for the state of Florida.  It will always draw well at both venues.

One can only hope......this SMU/Temple/Houston/ECU crowd is just plain depressing. Like a step down from our CUSA days.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools