Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Runole

Hall of Famer
#165 : April 11, 2013, 10:37:14 PM

With the BIg East truthfully extinct, I would think the best choice for both UCF and USF would be to be trying to become the 11th and 12th team in the old big 12.

There would be a renewal of their rivalry with WV and I think travel costs wouldn't be that much different.  Despite the aspersions I feel that UCF vs USF is a great football rivalry to be developed for the state of Florida.  It will always draw well at both venues.

One can only hope......this SMU/Temple/Houston/ECU crowd is just plain depressing. Like a step down from our CUSA days.

All that needs to be done is for Texas to be convinced that UCF and USF would be the ideal additions for the BIg 12 and a return to a conference championship game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#166 : May 13, 2013, 09:22:25 PM

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-fsu-renew-football-series-for---b82491494z1

Didn't runatroll tell us FSU wouldn't be continuing the series ..... lol

Runole

Hall of Famer
#167 : May 13, 2013, 09:52:04 PM

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-fsu-renew-football-series-for---b82491494z1

Didn't runatroll tell us FSU wouldn't be continuing the series ..... lol

Assberserker passes gas again! 

I admit before all the expansion in the ACC with Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville and Notre Dame I didn't believe FSU would maintain any series with either USF or UCF.

However, the ACC stayed with an 8 game conference schedule and that opened up that 4th game which gives FSU another Out of conference game to deal with.  Better to have it in the home state for expenses and good attendance.  Hopefully, USF won't pull the bush league stuff they did with last years game.  Just a hunch but I bet there will be far more available tickets for FSU fans and the band when the game is played in Tampa.

Obviously, FSU wants to keep its schedule active within the state and by playing USF FLORIDA AND MIAMI and I imagine UCF it is great for FSU recruiting.
Certainly playing USF or UCF is much better than playing Savannah State, Charleston Southern, or Bethune Cookman etc etc

Actually, it just goes to show that FSU doesn't run and hide from anyone unlike the Bulls did with UCF.  Nice to see UCF back on the USF schedule.  Think that ever would have happened had the Big East not brought UCF in?   ;D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#168 : May 13, 2013, 10:47:52 PM

Miami is no longer going to play USF?  Same goes for FSU...   USF successfully burned some bridges hosting this game..

Wrong runatroll

Runole

Hall of Famer
#169 : May 14, 2013, 09:50:54 PM

Miami is no longer going to play USF?  Same goes for FSU...   USF successfully burned some bridges hosting this game..

Wrong runatroll

No! RIGHT @#$Berserker  There are a majority of the FSU fan base at least on the message boards that  continue to mention USF withholding tickets from FSU fans and forcing FSU to only bring their Pep band because of a supposed? error by the ticket department of USF.     Ridiculous, Repulsive, and bush league

If you were being honest you know exactly the reason USF didn't release tickets..  They were afraid their would be too many FSU fans outnumbering Bull fans.

Being both an FSU fan and a USF bulls graduate I obviously can be more objective on the issue.   Are you looking forward to playing UCF?  :D
: May 14, 2013, 09:56:58 PM Runole

Runole

Hall of Famer
#170 : May 25, 2013, 10:29:43 AM

Steven Bench to transfer to USF

Former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench will transfer to the University of South Florida and is eligible to compete for the starting position this year.

"I want to get my face in the playbook and get ready to go," Bench said. "Coach [Willie] Taggart is a real confident guy. He will play anybody anywhere anytime."

Bench said USF will operate a San Francisco 49ers-type offense, using the tight ends and allowing the QB to run.

Bench said he felt very welcomed on his visit to USF and that he believes he can feel an excitement on the campus that he can feel.

Bench said he's looking forward to playing Florida State in 2015, as he went to Florida State games for six consecutive years. Both of his parents went to Florida State and were disappointed he didn't get a scholarship offer.

He grew up in Bainbridge, Ga., about 30 minutes outside of Tallahassee.

Bench chose USF after also visiting North Carolina State and Mississippi State.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9304466/ex-penn-state-nittany-lions-qb-steven-bench-transferring-south-florida-bulls

Good pick up by the Bulls.  I think the new head coach has potential but with the Big East going kaput both USF and UCF are going to have problems keeping up with the Big three in terms of finances for football.  I still think both should put a concerted effort collectively to get into the Big 12.   Such a move would help both programs and I believe would be a huge asset to that league.    Not sure TEXAS will ever be in favor of such a move and they control that conference.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#171 : May 25, 2013, 10:11:47 PM

Bench said he's looking forward to playing Florida State in 2015,

USF is playing FSU again?  I heard they would never play USF again

Runole

Hall of Famer
#172 : May 26, 2013, 03:49:22 PM

Bench said he's looking forward to playing Florida State in 2015,

USF is playing FSU again?  I heard they would never play USF again

Many FSU fans feel that way but unlike USF, FSU  doesn't drop in state teams from its schedule for no apparent reason.  That is the "Gator mentality"and USF followed suit with the dropping of UCF.  Only now to be forced to play them annually.  :D  USF behaved very bush league with the game in Tampa withholding tickets from FSU fans.  :-[  Just another less than intelligent move by those making decisions for USF. :o

From my understanding FSU more than likely will also schedule a 2 game series with UCF...  Both opponent's venues help FSU's recruiting in state.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#173 : May 26, 2013, 05:51:49 PM

Wait. I thought there was a "reason"?   USF "dropped" UCF to play games against BCS schools including FSU, UF, and Miami to try and grow the program.  THAT was the reason (along with Leavitt's disdain for the UCF program ant the fact that they would not schedule USF when they first started the program).   The USF/FSU game was sold out.  I'll make sure to call the FSU box office when USF plays up there to buy tickets.  I'm sure they won't have a problem selling me some
: May 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PM olafberserker

Runole

Hall of Famer
#174 : May 26, 2013, 09:00:02 PM

Per St Pete Times, the USF/FSU game at Raymond James Stadium drew an actual crowd of just 58,808...most do to USF keeping many unsold tix/sections off the open market.

Here's USF's actual attendance and their "announced" attendance figures stated by the St Pete Times:

UT Chattanooga: 30,733 (41,285 announced)

Rutgers: 29,861 (44,219 announced)

Florida State: 58,808 (69,383 announced)

Syracuse:  23,833  (38,562 announced)

UCONN: 20,665 (36,190 announced)

Pitt:  18,841  (35,241 announced)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#175 : May 26, 2013, 10:07:46 PM

Good, game was sold out just like I said.  If it wasn't then FSU fans wouldn't have had any problem getting tickets therefore nothing to **CENSORED** about.  I got one from an FSU fan that had purchased through a booster club as a matter of fact.  Had a friend who is a FSU booster call me at the last minute with 2 extras as well that he was willing to give me.  Sounds like semenole fans shouldn't have had a problem getting tickets if they wanted.

Like I said, I look forward to calling the FSU ticket office and buying my tickets for the USF game up there since all opposing fans are allowed access to tickets up in Tally
: May 26, 2013, 10:09:53 PM olafberserker

Runole

Hall of Famer
#176 : May 27, 2013, 09:54:34 AM

Good, game was sold out just like I said.  If it wasn't then FSU fans wouldn't have had any problem getting tickets therefore nothing to **CENSORED** about.  I got one from an FSU fan that had purchased through a booster club as a matter of fact.  Had a friend who is a FSU booster call me at the last minute with 2 extras as well that he was willing to give me.  Sounds like semenole fans shouldn't have had a problem getting tickets if they wanted.

Like I said, I look forward to calling the FSU ticket office and buying my tickets for the USF game up there since all opposing fans are allowed access to tickets up in Tally

Claiming a game was actually sold out when it was obviously not shows someone is fibbing on attendance.   It is a well known fact that USF withheld tickets from FSU fans.   So USF lied about tickets being available and then claimed a sellout to try to cover their bush league procedure.  What don't you understand?

Hope you get to come to Tally for your Arse whipping!   :D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#177 : May 27, 2013, 12:46:57 PM

Tickets were not available for anyone because it was sold out.  They did not check for USF ID before telling people that it was a sell out.   You mean like the last "arse" whipping in Tally?  I shouldn't have any problems getting tickets since all opposing team fans are welcome to buy tickets to FSU home games ...... correct?
: May 27, 2013, 01:04:24 PM olafberserker

Runole

Hall of Famer
#178 : May 27, 2013, 04:02:57 PM

Tickets were not available for anyone because it was sold out.  They did not check for USF ID before telling people that it was a sell out.   You mean like the last "arse" whipping in Tally?  I shouldn't have any problems getting tickets since all opposing team fans are welcome to buy tickets to FSU home games ...... correct?

Hey the greatest victory in USF's history should be cheered.   I am for USF putting a very large statue or some other type of visual structure to honor that great moment.

Do you think UCF should do the same if they beat USF this season?  ;D   It should be fun game for USF fans brave enough to go to the game.  Wonder how many will be able to make that more than likely REAL sell out.

Again it is well documented that FSU's band was not allowed to bring the entire band because of USF's bush league antics.  The game was not a sell out  as you are well aware from the ease at which you were offered tickets.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#179 : May 27, 2013, 09:56:51 PM

Hey the greatest victory in USF's history should be cheered.   I am for USF putting a very large statue or some other type of visual structure to honor that great moment.

Do you think UCF should do the same if they beat USF this season?  ;D   It should be fun game for USF fans brave enough to go to the game.  Wonder how many will be able to make that more than likely REAL sell out.

Again it is well documented that FSU's band was not allowed to bring the entire band because of USF's bush league antics.  The game was not a sell out  as you are well aware from the ease at which you were offered tickets.

lolz
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools