Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman’s preseason struggles continue against Pats « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : August 25, 2012, 01:29:01 AM »

Josh Freeman’s preseason struggles continue against Pats

ProFootballTalk
 Posted by Evan Silva on August 24, 2012, 10:19 PM EDT

AP

Quarterback Josh Freeman got off to a slow start in the Bucs’ first two preseason games, and he wasn’t any better Friday night against the Patriots.

Continuing to look uncomfortable in new coordinator Mike Sullivan’s offense, Freeman completed 10-of-19 passes for 102 yards. He has leaned heavily on $55 million wideout Vincent Jackson throughout August, but otherwise relied mostly on checkdowns for his completions and failed to deliver the football accurately to receivers. Freeman is averaging under five yards per pass attempt this preseason, which is a pretty pathetic clip.

After a promising first season as a starter in 2010, Freeman took a big step back in 2011. He’s now adjusting to a new system and clearly experiencing growing pains.

Through three preseason games, Freeman is 18-of-34 passing for 164 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions. Along with the rest of Tampa Bay’s first-teamers, Freeman doesn’t figure to play much in the exhibition finale.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #1 : August 25, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »

Look out Mr. Silva,

Here comes world's greatest Buc Fan Al Bundy to call you "stupid" too.

TheQ

Starter

« #2 : August 25, 2012, 03:46:47 AM »

Freeman has a couple of weeks to get this ship sailing.

peter germany

Practice Squad
« #3 : August 25, 2012, 06:42:49 AM »

I am not some Josh hater and really Want to see succeed as a BUCS fan. However, 2010 season proved he has the ability to be a franchise QB. I chalked last season up to him taking on to much pressure and forcing the ball. I haven't seen much out of him in preseason to say he has changed into the old Josh. I understand Schiano wants to run the ball, but the BUCS need a solid throwing game as well. So, I am not ready to throw josh into the scrap heap yet, but I think he needs to play up to his ability this season or next year we need to start looking around..

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4 : August 25, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »

I am not some Josh hater and really Want to see succeed as a BUCS fan. However, 2010 season proved he has the ability to be a franchise QB. I chalked last season up to him taking on to much pressure and forcing the ball. I haven't seen much out of him in preseason to say he has changed into the old Josh. I understand Schiano wants to run the ball, but the BUCS need a solid throwing game as well. So, I am not ready to throw josh into the scrap heap yet, but I think he needs to play up to his ability this season or next year we need to start looking around..

Ausgezeichnet.  I agree.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 25, 2012, 07:47:33 AM »

After a promising first season as a starter in 2010

His first season as a starter was 2009.   You dont' have to start game friggin one to be the starter that year.   He started 9 out of 16 games.   If he wasn't the starter for the bucs that year, who was?    Leftwich?   Please.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 25, 2012, 07:50:43 AM »

2010 was his first full season as a starter. By the time he was placed in the position in 2009, the season was done, and it was, for all practical purposes, mop-up time. I think you know what our German friend is saying.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

« #7 : August 25, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »

The thing that has me concerned about Freetard is that after a bad play he's the first to start pointing fingers..And that blaming crap was very prevalent last year during his suckage.

And that concerns me when your leader starts Blaiming others for his short comings .

Kinda reminds me of another so-called-leader.

Blame blame blame.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 25, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »

But the fact is that he had PLENTY of playing experience in 2009.    It wasn't like he was some rookie QB starting for the first time in 2010.

peter germany

Practice Squad
« #9 : August 25, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »

I agree that his finger pointing last season is something that has to change.  When things go bad you suck it up and work harder. When your the leader and you start blaming others then it only gets worse. Evident in last years down fall. No it wasn't all Josh's fault but he certainly was a part of the problem..

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 25, 2012, 08:27:52 AM »

He was going through his progressions well last night and wasn't starring guys down, it was his accuracy that was shotty.

I am starting to get a little worried, but I still have faith in Free and Sullivan.  I mean he looked great in that first drive.  Would have been what 7 for 7 if not for the two drops?

Not a fan of Silva.  The guy consistently says crap that leads me to believe that he's not even watching the game(s) or just has no idea what he's  seeing/saying.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #11 : August 25, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »

finger pointing? where did you see that. here come's the imagination of the bucs fan again. next everyone is gonna say he has a bad attitude and he's a cancer to the team.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #12 : August 25, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »

Also, brady played worst than freeman.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : August 25, 2012, 08:40:44 AM »

finger pointing? where did you see that. here come's the imagination of the bucs fan again. next everyone is gonna say he has a bad attitude and he's a cancer to the team.

I didn't see any of that either except occasionally when a receiver made the wrong break on a pass route. Every QB does that -I think whoever posted that is overly critical.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

« #14 : August 25, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »

Traew being a dope... what a surprise.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman’s preseason struggles continue against Pats « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools