Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official FIRST Buccaneers and NFL Cut Thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : August 25, 2012, 07:57:07 AM »

Per JoeBucsFan.com

Bucs Make Cuts
August 27th, 2012

Bad news came for 10 Buccaneers this afternoon as Tampa Bay made its first round of preseason cuts. The following names are now former Bucs:

WR Ed Gant

P Eric Guthrie

T Mike Ingersoll

LB Brian Smith

S Tramain Thomas

CB Marquese Wheaton

RB De’Anthony Curtis

LS Andrew DePaola

WR Greg Ellingson

TE Collin Franklin.

Also, Davin Joseph placed on injured reserve and Da’Quan Bowers placed on reserve/PUP.

« : August 27, 2012, 06:45:39 PM Morgan »

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 25, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »

If Joseph is out the year should we look to trade for a Guard and get DL depth via waiver wire after all cuts go down?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #2 : August 25, 2012, 09:36:18 AM »

What makes every Morgan thread "Official"?

BucFanHudson31

Starter

« #3 : August 25, 2012, 10:19:51 AM »

So we need a Guard and Defensive lineman and your talking about picking up an overrated overpaid tight end?

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #4 : August 25, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »

They are sponsored by Summer's Eve

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : August 25, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »

Nice to see STocker playing last night. Thought our depth at TE was suspect. At cut time, players like Cooley might be available. Hopefully we'll see an salvageable OG available. Maybe another team might unload a high salaried OG that we can snag.

-----------------

Washington Redskins TE Chris Cooley is not a lock to make the final roster. At nearly $3.2 million (and approximately $6.2 against the salary cap) he's an expensive backup to TE Fred Davis. Cooley's knee, however, has not been an issue in camp, which could help his case.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz24ZEDcFSt

I'd like Evan Moore a lil better.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer believes Browns TE Evan Moore's roster spot is in danger.
Moore is behind all three of Ben Watson, Jordan Cameron and Alex Smith, and is hurt by his non-guaranteed $1.87 million salary. The fifth-year pro missed time early in camp with a hamstring injury, but has appeared in both preseason games, making three catches for 38 yards. He'd do well to stand out against the Eagles on Friday. A highly-talented pass catcher, Moore should latch on elsewhere if handed his walking papers.
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/cle/cleveland-browns

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 25, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »

I agree with the others that TE, OG, and DL need some looks.

TheQ

Starter

« #7 : August 25, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

Need to get a starting G and some solid back ups for O and D Line.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #8 : August 25, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »

They are sponsored by Summer's Eve

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #9 : August 25, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »

Youboty!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 25, 2012, 01:48:41 PM »

Why was Les Brown ever even considered a TE? He couldn't block to save his life. Why not just try him out in the slot?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #11 : August 25, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »

Unless we're sold on TE Danny Noble I would definitely take a flier on Evan Moore considering Stocker is injury-prone.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 25, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »

Unfortunately we are in a bad place when it comes to picking up these guys off these first cuts because the deadline is Tuesday and our 4th preseason game is Wednesday so the pickups will have to be well thought out.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 25, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »

I personally think Freeman should play a quarter on Wednesday regardless if the first team O is in. You can say it's preseason, you can say he was pressured or he was focusing on his reads but you can't deny that he looked like crap out there. He needs to get in sync with the game and make better throws.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #14 : August 25, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »

I personally think Freeman should play a quarter on Wednesday regardless if the first team O is in. You can say it's preseason, you can say he was pressured or he was focusing on his reads but you can't deny that he looked like crap out there. He needs to get in sync with the game and make better throws.

I fully agree that Free could use the work but not if the rest of the starters aren't gonna play. I was kinda agitated last night that Free was on the Bench while Brady was still in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official FIRST Buccaneers and NFL Cut Thread. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools