Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Forget the offense, looks like the D will be keeping us in games...as usual « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: August 25, 2012, 01:27:45 PM

After the biggest free agnecy in Bucs history and all the talk that the offense will be leading the charge this season, this preseason has shown the young defense to be the identity of this team and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Between Barron, Talib, Barber, Wright, and David and not to mention the expertise of Schianos with dbacks, I think our secondary can buy our dline the extra seconds it needs to get after the qb. The Bennet sack was a perfect example.
The run D is still a concern especially when McCoy is not on the field but it is improved over a year ago. Amazing what accountability can get you.
Bottom line, I'm alot more comfortable and optimistic with the D on the field than the O.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

McCoy93

Starter

#1 : August 25, 2012, 01:30:39 PM

We are going too see an increase in turnovers and sacks this year; but i still think we will give up a fair share of big plays. its still a work in progress

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 25, 2012, 01:32:37 PM

Don't see this as a dominate defense that's going to win us games but I think they can keep us in games.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 25, 2012, 01:32:56 PM

Hey well it looks like they had the right idea to invest in the offense. I think Freeman overall will be better than he was last year because of these additions but Freeman is what he is. He's not a franchise guy like Brady or Rodgers. I think he can be a Donavan McNabb type of guy with these weapons they have around him but is he good enough to win the big games? I dunno. Dude looks nervous. We will find out.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#4 : August 25, 2012, 01:34:28 PM

We are going too see an increase in turnovers and sacks this year; but i still think we will give up a fair share of big plays. its still a work in progress
The big plays won't be anywhere near as bad as last year.....We have an actual safety back there now......We haven't had a real pro bowl safety since Lynch....Plus adding Wright, this dude is earning his money....Love what i see from him in preseason.....the only way we give up big plays is if Aqib or Wright gamble on a play.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 25, 2012, 01:36:56 PM

Don't think he's McNabb level either but hopefully he proves me wrong.  McNabb lead his team to 4 NFC championship games and a super bowl.  Don't see josh doing that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 25, 2012, 01:38:48 PM

I don't think he's there now but I think he can get there. Only because of these weapons around him though. Martin is gonna be a very big weapon for him.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 25, 2012, 01:39:24 PM

Don't see this as a dominate defense that's going to win us games but I think they can keep us in games.
agreed. The Bucs great defense wasn't built in one season. I'm just glad we have the pieces in place for the long haul.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 25, 2012, 01:39:54 PM

Last night's play should do wonders for their confidence..... and mine!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#9 : August 25, 2012, 01:42:17 PM

Donovan McKnob was the biggest paper champ in history...  Freetard does not look good on paper...  Freetard and McKnob are both sucky Q.B's

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 25, 2012, 01:45:03 PM

Never said they were great. Just compared the two. I think that's what we got potentially. Although he can come out and play like he did in 2010. It doesn't look like it though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 25, 2012, 01:46:09 PM

I agree he was overrated but still, 4 NFC championship games and a duper bowl can't be denied.  And didn't have great wrs except for the one TO year(super bowl).  But he won a poop load of games for them.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 25, 2012, 01:57:12 PM

McNabb was no slouch but neither was that defense...which brings me back on topic, if the defense plays all season like they did last night, all #5 has to do is not **CENSORED** it up.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 25, 2012, 02:13:07 PM

Not trying to be rude, but a lot of you are very fair weather when it comes to players.

You would have ran Eli off the Giants before any superbowls..

One minute it's "Freeman's the man" next it's "trade him\only average." I mean, cmon' maaann. Now the defense is going to carry them after two full seasons of pure suckitude? You have got to be kidding.

..Dude will be fine, you flipfloppers can relax.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 25, 2012, 02:25:45 PM

Not trying to be rude, but a lot of you are very fair weather when it comes to players.

You would have ran Eli off the Giants before any superbowls..

One minute it's "Freeman's the man" next it's "trade him\only average." I mean, cmon' maaann. Now the defense is going to carry them after two full seasons of pure suckitude? You have got to be kidding.

..Dude will be fine, you flipfloppers can relax.
no offense taken. I thinks its safe to say the defense has been the better side of buc ball thus far despite all the offseason hype the offense had been getting.
I personally never advocated for a Freeman trade and never will but I am glad Dom hadnt signed him to a franchise ticket. After drinking the Freeman koolaid the last two seasons, I said during the offseason that this was his make or break season and it is. I expect the bucs to win every game and nothing will change that but Freeman is quuckly becoming an easy target. Natural order of things.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Forget the offense, looks like the D will be keeping us in games...as usual « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools