Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There A Racial Element Involved in Sports? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Theoldbuc

Starter

#15 : August 27, 2012, 05:26:46 PM

just watch this. There is a racial tone to everything, apparently even committing crimes.

For those of you that cant watch for whatever reason the video is of a white guy stealing a bike and then a black guy stealing a bike. White guy gets a few questions and even a good luck. The black guydraws a crowd of people and even absolute outrage from a few guys raising thier voice.

WOW! I guess there really were some racial overtones.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 27, 2012, 05:36:07 PM

I havn't read or seen the link that starts this thread; i don't watch espn much anymore; and, I'm tired of dealing with rascist issues.  I'm a guy who likes to read and workout.  I find there's nobody else out there; i try to keep to myself; to stay out of trouble; instead, I find that everyone whites and blacks do nothing but try to get me involved in one way or another.  It's just like religion!  You're sitting there studying, and some religious guy or another sits down with you to try to convert you!  I can't walk through any college school(curiously enough its colleges that these things get bad in, not high schools; i mean with all the grafittie legal or otherwise) without all kinds of religious apologetic meetings(muslim and christians mostly going at it; but, now it's the dali lama and hinduism), and then there's the blacks and whites; it's not hate towards one anther, but it's the whole rascist issues having to be brought up again and again. 

All the above is what this entire city(san diego) ever thinks about!  You'd think a whole bunch of blacks were rounded up and burned at the stake each day or something.  Why else should racsist issues get brought up?  Tony Dungy said it right; we'll be over it when we stop talking about it!

I honestly havn't brought up my experiences after saying all the above; believe me, I'm so tired of this societies infatuation with rascism; it's become a religion!

Johnny(and Edgar) Winter, Tobacco Road,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dr3BHCPT5Y

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 27, 2012, 06:22:49 PM

How retarded is his "article"?  Let's see, first sentence:

"Race has been an issue throughout the world forever. It began in America "

Um, yeah. 

At least post something on the topic that was written by an adult rather than a sixth grader....

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2012, 07:39:28 PM

just watch this. There is a racial tone to everything, apparently even committing crimes.

For those of you that cant watch for whatever reason the video is of a white guy stealing a bike and then a black guy stealing a bike. White guy gets a few questions and even a good luck. The black guydraws a crowd of people and even absolute outrage from a few guys raising thier voice.

WOW! I guess there really were some racial overtones.

You're looking at the wrong colors. Red shirted people are bad. Blue is good. Hollywood taught us that.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2012, 11:06:14 AM

This is true.

" Its a tragic tale that plays out countless times every day on re-runs of classic Star Trek. Captain Kirk & Co. beam down to an alien planet. They come under attack by some malevolent energy being or dudes in rubber suits. Security crewmen wearing red shirts get vaporized, stabbed and poisoned by booby-trapped flowers.

Being a "Red Shirt" on the USS Enterprise is one of the most dangerous jobs in any (imaginary) military. Dont believe me? SiteLogic founder Matt Bailey crunched the numbers: 13.7% of Kirks crew died during their three-year televised mission. 73% of the deaths were Red Shirts."

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/04/star-trek-red-s/

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2012, 11:26:20 AM

Oh, the political correctness.

I have six gallons of paint, three black, three white.

If I keep them separated, I will have only two colors.

If I mix them all together, I have only one color.

If I mix some of them, but keep others separate, I obtain the maximum amount of diversity.

Misunderstanding may now commence.

That makes more sense than this thread will accept.....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There A Racial Element Involved in Sports? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools