Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

: August 25, 2012, 08:11:30 PM

Just an observation.  I have been watching head coaches for many a year now and I have to say Schiano is nails.  He is obviously very focused on making this team better and has approached this fix in a quick and methodical fashion.  He reminds me of a more pleasant version of Parcells.  He is going to have his "guys" and I believe two of "his guys" scored the first two touchdowns for our team last night.  May not happen right away but I have a good feeling about him in Tampa.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 25, 2012, 08:16:36 PM

love what ive seen out of him. you can tell hes detail oriented from his actions. seems like every time they showed him he was taking notes on a pad. keeps his cool and looks very focussed out there. i dont know if our record is going to neccessarily reflect it but we should be a much improved team

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 25, 2012, 08:19:19 PM

I am 100% on board

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 25, 2012, 08:25:06 PM

I always look for stuff to beat up a coach about.  Dungy - too stoic, Gruden - felt it was more about him then the team, Rah - Too much of a players coach.  It's weird but all I see in Schiano is someone who is earnest about getting this team as good as he can in as quick a way as possible.  Loved his presser as it relates to Joseph.  Hates it but knows its part of the game and knows Joseph's absence won't get him judged any differently by the press.  He knows he needs to get this thing turned around and isn't gong to panic in the process.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 25, 2012, 08:45:16 PM

I always look for stuff to beat up a coach about.  Dungy - too stoic, Gruden - felt it was more about him then the team, Rah - Too much of a players coach.  It's weird but all I see in Schiano is someone who is earnest about getting this team as good as he can in as quick a way as possible.  Loved his presser as it relates to Joseph.  Hates it but knows its part of the game and knows Joseph's absence won't get him judged any differently by the press.  He knows he needs to get this thing turned around and isn't gong to panic in the process.
what he said

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 25, 2012, 08:56:05 PM

The man is all business. He doesn't waste any more time than he has to with the media. He's tactful about what he says, but clear and concise. He reminds me of Vince Lombardi. Some of that has to do with both being from the same area of New Jersey. Schiano is exactly what this team needed. It may take a year or two to get really competitive but I'm confident it WILL happen.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 25, 2012, 09:18:28 PM

I love Schiano. It took a bunch of hope and a lot of optimism to support Raheem, but with Schiano it's easy. It really does feel like he is legit. I will be surprised if he isn't very successful in the NFL. SOOOOOOO glad we ended up with him and not Chip!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 25, 2012, 09:27:19 PM

I wanted Schiano ever since Gruden got canned. He's the kind of guy that doesn't force anything. He's going to build the team his way.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 25, 2012, 09:41:08 PM

...and he practices what he preaches...

*thanks, Jimmy923

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 25, 2012, 10:34:44 PM

I love Schiano. It took a bunch of hope and a lot of optimism to support Raheem, but with Schiano it's easy. It really does feel like he is legit. I will be surprised if he isn't very successful in the NFL. SOOOOOOO glad we ended up with him and not Chip!
Agree; I did not think Kelly was the right choice for the team as it was.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 25, 2012, 10:51:14 PM

Like him as much as I ever did. Raheem was from New Jersey too. But it appears like you got the better Jersey version this time!

In Verner We Trust

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 25, 2012, 11:28:46 PM

The last gapped tooth ginny to coach in the league has the Super Bowl trophy named after him! :D Super psyched about the no nonsense approach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 26, 2012, 01:04:20 AM

He certainly understands the compassion/loyalty/hard work/passionate approach.

I just hope he can game plan accordingly.  But after seeing Rah and Olsoooon, I believe he is already markedly ahead of their curve.  Those guys were buffoons.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#13 : August 26, 2012, 01:52:05 AM

+1

TheQ

Starter

#14 : August 26, 2012, 02:02:35 AM

Schiano is the coach to lead this team and I like his methods.
Go BUCS!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools