Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#30 : August 27, 2012, 11:09:29 AM

I am 100% on board

I agree 100%

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 27, 2012, 11:11:22 AM

I'm a big east fan. Most know that around here. I have liked Schiano for years and when I heard we hired him, I knew it was going to be a great pairing. He has a long way to go to prove me right but I would agree with other posters. It sure feels like what we have is real.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Piratic

Starter

#32 : August 27, 2012, 11:58:03 AM

From SI.com, via joebucsfan.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/26/mmqb/2.html

Coach of the Week
Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano. In the span of a month, without top pass rusher Da'Quan Bowers, Schiano and defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan have put a tough stamp on their defense. On Friday night, Tom Brady and one of the NFL's three best offenses had the ball nine times. Five times Brady went three-and-out; once four-and-out. He had two long touchdown drives. By the time Ryan Mallett came in to replace Brady, the Bucs led 30-14.

peter germany

Practice Squad
#33 : August 27, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

I haven't heard anyone come out against Schiano yet. I really like the no BS attitude and the either you play my way or your walking. Its the only way to win as a coach. Coaching is not a group effort!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 27, 2012, 04:15:56 PM

I haven't heard anyone come out against Schiano yet. I really like the no BS attitude and the either you play my way or your walking. Its the only way to win as a coach. Coaching is not a group effort!!

theres been a few for sure. they werent just trolling and they really blasted him for shipping/cutting guys like K2, Tanard, Briscoe, Price and others.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 27, 2012, 04:18:11 PM

While I've been a supporter of Schiano since the get-go, and while I'm sure some of the media guys have their reasons for supporting Schiano, I imagine some of them are going wit the thought process that it couldn't be any worse than last year.

Pewterman

Starter

#36 : August 27, 2012, 04:19:42 PM

A winning season from this squad and I see Schiano on his way to a Coach of the Year Award. And he certainly will deserve it. It's been a bit since I've felt so good about the future of my team. The future is bright for us.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 27, 2012, 04:22:49 PM

theres been a few for sure. they werent just trolling and they really blasted him for shipping/cutting guys like K2, Tanard, Briscoe, Price and others.

As Ive gotten to know this fanbase this doesnt surprise me. Lots of people on here really have the need to complain about stuff just to complain. Who better to do that with than the HC, QB, or GM? Fans around here dont surprise me anymore.

Pewterman

Starter

#38 : August 27, 2012, 04:24:55 PM

Several more(mostly press i.e. Steve Duemig, Tom Jones) are criticizing him because of the lack of information he lets out. It's very Belichick-like and if you remember, he was criticized heavily when he first got to Boston too because of it. With such a demanding press market up there, it frustrated them but 5 Super Bowl appearances and 3 victories later, they can't really say jack about his methods. Schiano runs the same straight-forward never too detailed style and unless he's successful they'll eat him up. I hope he shoves it in their faces.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 28, 2012, 11:33:05 AM

As long as he sticks to the football script he will be alright by me.  I think he can get this thing turned around quickly and we have the thinnest D in the league.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools