Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will ponder options at guard « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 26, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »

Well its Penn's fault he got injured so move fatso to RG and give Dotson the LT position.

Freeman's thumb and Joseph's knee are two of Penn's preseason casualties.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #16 : August 26, 2012, 10:14:48 AM »

Unfortunately run blocking, inside rush, and bull rush are not strengths for Penn.  Don't think he would make a good guard.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 26, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »

Ouch Pitt lost Decastro that is going to hurt.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 26, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »

Good thoughts Nitey, but I still think they bring someone in this week.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 26, 2012, 12:09:25 PM »

What if ....

The Bucs are going to try moving Trueblood inside to G and put Dotson in at RT? Schiano indicated that they thought they might already have the answer on the team, so lets play with some names:

So here are some options, I suspect none will be options that will excite the fan base, but they are options none the less:

Trueblood to guard, Dotson to Right tackle: Often players that struggle at the tackle position, but have decent mechanics, can be moved inside and have productive careers. Trueblood may be open to this move because it could make him more valuable to a team after this season and perhaps allow him to play a few more years. Dotson played well as Penn's replacement on the left side and got a lot of starter's reps, so is more prepared to take on a starters position at right tackle.

Dotson to Right Guard: This option keeps Trueblood at right tackle and moves Dotson inside, Dotson has no real experience at playing guard, but then again, neither does Trueblood in the first option, however, Trueblood does have more experience at right tackle than Dotson has. The question that Bostad has to ask himself is the right side of the line stronger with Dotson at guard and Trueblood as tackle than the other way around. No telling at this point.

Larson/Hardman at Right Guard and let the tackle situation sort itself out: I think this is the mostly likely option, and I believe they will see if Larson can take and hold the job.

Larson to center, Zuttah moves to Right Guard: This is another strong possibility since Zuttah has experience at the right guard position and Larson is more of a natural center, however, instead of moving only one player, you are moving two. While on the surface, this sounds like a better move, I think Bostad will be resistant to moving Zuttah out of center.

Mike Ingersoll, Desmond Wynn are also options to challenge at the RG position even though both are on the chart as LG's. Schiano has said in his press conference that he wants the best 5 guys to be his line, so I'm thinking that one of the above will be the option we will see in Wednesday's game. If no one really steps up, then maybe we start looking at a trade or a waiver wire pickup, but I would be surprised if we did a trade until after Wednesday's game. I could see the Bucs bringing in someone that was cut over the weekend on Monday to add to the mix, but I'm thinking that that body will not be in real competition for the starting position, but for depth.

JMO.
Nice  Idea with the True/Dotson to G, but it's not that easy. 6'9 guys with their lack of bulk would get mauled at G and wouldn't be able to get low enough to create a push.

Hence why there aren't many 6'9 G's in the league.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 26, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »

true blood, too tall and slow footed to excell at anything.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : August 26, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »

Trueblood and Dotson are too tall to play guard.

Larsen is a backup at guard and center.

Hardman then becomes the only option if we stay in house.

Methinks the new RG will not come from the present roster.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #22 : August 26, 2012, 12:42:29 PM »

Dotson at guard isn't going to happen...according to Dotson.

When Joe asked Dotson if, in a pinch given how he has proven to be effect as a backup tackle, could he fill a hole at guard, Dotson roared laughing and shrieked, “GUARD?! I don’t know about playing guard. I think you are going a bit too far now.”

In so many words, Dotson said between laughs, it may be a dark day if he is pressed into playing guard for the Bucs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 26, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

Well its Penn's fault he got injured so move fatso to RG and give Dotson the LT position.

Freeman's thumb and Joseph's knee are two of Penn's preseason casualties.
Yup.

Madman

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 26, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »

Hardman was solid in 2010 when he stepped in. I like him better than Larsen.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 26, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »

People forget in 2010 when Davin and his inconsistent and overrated butt went out our run game and pass blocking got better so I'm not sure why people are freaking out over this. Hell he'd looked like cold vomit in pre-season thus far,

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : August 26, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »

I'm concerned,'' coach Greg Schiano said. ''He's one of our leaders, if not our leader.''

Yeah, professional football players follow guys who cannot play . . . . yeesh

NittanyBuc

Starter

« #27 : August 26, 2012, 04:47:19 PM »

Situations like this is why I'm disappointed we don't invest more draft picks in OL depth like most other teams do. You can never have too many O linemen.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 26, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »

Deuce Lutui anyone?

Was just released by the Seahawks.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 26, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »

Deuce Lutui anyone?

Was just released by the Seahawks.

Penn would have a eating buddy. Deuce got cut by the cards for being overweight. Seattle he just sucked.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will ponder options at guard « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools