Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will ponder options at guard « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 28, 2012, 06:36:33 PM

Sleeper Pick: Jamon Meredith

The guy has been a mauler in the preseason.  Dotson has pretty much nailed down the swing tackle job, may even take over the RT job.

So, if you want to make the team, what better opportunity than to jump in to the RG battle?

The guy has the size, and some NFL experience.  I think he fits into the best 5 mentality.
That would be nice. Don't think he has guard experience though as he's been playing tackle since day 1 going back to South Carolina.

Buccaneer.com reporting he saw some time at Guard during today's practice.  Also has a little experience working there at Pittsburgh.  The guy also seems confident he can man the position.  Physically he looks the part, and I have really liked his attitude during preseason.

The transition to Guard can be a blessing for some players, and no doubt the flexibility would help his roster spot chances.

Looking forward to toward in hopes he seems se action. Go Bucs!

Merideth did?    Interesting.  I still think they might sign a guy this weekend after the Friday cuts.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#76 : August 29, 2012, 12:48:36 PM

Sleeper Pick: Jamon Meredith

The guy has been a mauler in the preseason.  Dotson has pretty much nailed down the swing tackle job, may even take over the RT job.

So, if you want to make the team, what better opportunity than to jump in to the RG battle?

The guy has the size, and some NFL experience.  I think he fits into the best 5 mentality.
That would be nice. Don't think he has guard experience though as he's been playing tackle since day 1 going back to South Carolina.

Buccaneer.com reporting he saw some time at Guard during today's practice.  Also has a little experience working there at Pittsburgh.  The guy also seems confident he can man the position.  Physically he looks the part, and I have really liked his attitude during preseason.

The transition to Guard can be a blessing for some players, and no doubt the flexibility would help his roster spot chances.

Looking forward to toward in hopes he seems se action. Go Bucs!

Merideth did?    Interesting.  I still think they might sign a guy this weekend after the Friday cuts.

Meredith is listed as the team's second-string right tackle on the depth chart, and he has played primarily on the outside during his first three years in the league.  He worked at guard last year while with the Pittsburgh Steelers but did not see action at that spot in a game.  He is confident he could help the Buccaneers on the inside.

"I can play everything except for center," said Meredith after Tuesday's practice.  "I definitely think I'm versatile.  I can play anywhere and hold my own."

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/meredith-among-options-at-right-guard/cc14e3b6-bc46-4b3b-9fa3-651ba0d9f038

I rather see us move on a DT, or LB which have significant long-term/depth problems in my eyes.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will ponder options at guard « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools