Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2016: Obama's America « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#105 : April 26, 2013, 09:24:47 AM

Funny that the silly red font didn't get a direct response to a simple question asked twice. I asked that question twice, red font and all, because the question and the absence of direct response (by anyone) underscores the lunacy of objecting to back ground checks. The Consitition is not a justification for unfettered and completely unregulated access to guns. The Constituion is the reason there is a right to beat arms, it says nothing (as a very conservative Court noted) about restrictions on access. You have a right, but it is not unlimited.

Look,  I realize I am not going to change anyone's mind, certainly not an acknowledged change on this board. I also reslize its an emotional and unpopular position (look at some of the crazy stuff pro-gun people have done in response to my posts - lol) However, I posed the question because its simplicity and the absence of any meaningful response proves the point by itself. There simply is no logical basis for unfettered access to guns. The typical response is not based in logic, it's based on fear. Denying that the sun rises in the east for fear that admission will lead others to take away the sun.

It is as easy to buy a gun as it is to buy a pack of bubble gum. Guns are used to kills 30,000 a year. Yeah, that makes sense.  ;-)

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#106 : April 26, 2013, 09:25:36 AM

clap, clap, clap

Exhibit A to my prior post about fear.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#107 : April 26, 2013, 09:34:04 AM

Funny that the silly red font didn't get a direct response to a simple question asked twice.
Happy to see you acknowledged my attempt to respond to your query in at least a left handed way.  I'm done on this topic - enjoy. 
: April 26, 2013, 09:35:55 AM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#108 : April 26, 2013, 09:40:59 AM

clap, clap, clap

lolz, perfect example of your made up crap posts with no purpose but to instigate a problem

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#109 : April 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Funny that the silly red font didn't get a direct response to a simple question asked twice.
Happy to see you acknowledged my attempt to respond to your query in at least a left handed way.  I'm done on this topic - enjoy.

clap, clap, clap

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#110 : April 26, 2013, 09:48:58 AM

clap, clap, clap

lolz, perfect example of your made up crap posts with no purpose but to instigate a problem

look, you shouldn't talk to anyone about instigating a problem.  You're so unable to control your emotions that you stalked me off these boards, got called to the mat for doing so, posted a bunch of bs about gettting control of yourself after you got called tot he mat. . . and yet . .  . . here you are . .  right back at it.  You should at least be honest about it, right?

It's just a discussion Olaf . . .  on a football message board.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#111 : April 26, 2013, 09:49:39 AM

fair enough, thanks

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#112 : April 26, 2013, 11:04:01 AM

called to the mat?  lol, by who?  classic lies from the guy who has threatened physical violence or to "track them down" on this "football message board"  ... lolz

*note derailment because vin can't "win" a discussion on a "football message board" by sticking to the discussion at hand ..... lolz
: April 26, 2013, 11:12:02 AM olafberserker

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#113 : April 26, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

called to the mat?  lol, by who?  classic lies from the guy who has threatened multiple poster with physical violence or to "track them down" on this "football message board"  ... lolz

*note derailment because vin can't "win" a discussion on a "football message board" by sticking to the discussion at hand ..... lolz

hmm, you post yet it is me derailing? Yeah, that makes sense

Funny that you are now calling me a liar. I recall that you said the reason you stalked me was you were angry that I called you a liar.   

Way to keep control of your emotions Olaf

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#114 : April 26, 2013, 11:13:11 AM

my emotions are fine liar ..... and yes you derailed .....  stalked you? ..... lolz liar

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#115 : April 26, 2013, 11:14:31 AM

my emotions are fine liar ..... and yes you derailed .....  stalked you? ..... lolz liar

exhibit A . . .   ;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#116 : April 26, 2013, 11:15:42 AM

exhibit A . . .   ;)

surrender noted

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#117 : April 26, 2013, 11:20:07 AM

clap, clap, clap

You've illustrated his point, Olaf.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#118 : April 26, 2013, 11:27:27 AM

In case anyone wonders, I am "derailing" this thread by secretly controlling the accounts of Buggsy and Olaf . . .  lmao

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#119 : April 26, 2013, 11:31:18 AM

Having bought a gun recently without any sort of background check run, I certainly feel that there needs to better and more extensive checks. I know a lot of gun owners that feel this way. The problem with a lot of those folks is that they feel if they concede that one issue, that it will lead to Obama and his cronies eventually storming their homes and collecting their guns. Definitely a train of thought that I don't subscribe to.

+1

well stated
: April 26, 2013, 11:34:30 AM VinBucFan
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2016: Obama's America « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools