Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2016: Obama's America « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 22, 2013, 06:31:26 AM

Do you see the country getting better?

Obama is too focused on taking away our 2nd amendment rights instead of trying to create job growth.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#46 : April 22, 2013, 06:49:55 AM

Obama is too focused on taking away our 2nd amendment rights instead of trying to create job growth.

You don't have anything to worry about unless you're a retard or a felon or a retarded felon.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#47 : April 22, 2013, 07:41:43 AM

Breaking News. The Government does not create jobs. Its just a popular political slogan used from the local to the federal level to ignorant voters.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 22, 2013, 01:34:09 PM

compared to 2009, absolutely

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 22, 2013, 04:05:19 PM

Yes. Background checks = taking away your 2nd amendment rights. Where's that "caution, tin foil hat wearing area" gif when you need it?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 22, 2013, 07:36:30 PM

It's a drip, drip, drip...

Right now it is background checks. But then after we pass that law, another massacre happens. And then we will demand stricter laws. And this will go on and on until liberals achieve their ultimate goal which is bans and confiscation.

And yes...that IS their ultimate goal. They want an unarmed populace. They want the 2nd amendment destroyed.

Passing that background check law would have done NOTHING to stop Adam Lanza. He would have still been able to get those guns.
: April 22, 2013, 07:39:22 PM cyberdude558

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#51 : April 22, 2013, 07:58:57 PM

Polls show more than 80 percent of Americans support expanded background checks - they can't all be liberals.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#52 : April 23, 2013, 09:17:04 AM

It's a drip, drip, drip...

Right now it is background checks. But then after we pass that law, another massacre happens. And then we will demand stricter laws. And this will go on and on until liberals achieve their ultimate goal which is bans and confiscation.

And yes...that IS their ultimate goal. They want an unarmed populace. They want the 2nd amendment destroyed.

Passing that background check law would have done NOTHING to stop Adam Lanza. He would have still been able to get those guns.

Fear mongering at its best. That is a perfect example why we have the type of folks in Washington we have now.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 23, 2013, 10:13:52 AM

Having bought a gun recently without any sort of background check run, I certainly feel that there needs to better and more extensive checks. I know a lot of gun owners that feel this way. The problem with a lot of those folks is that they feel if they concede that one issue, that it will lead to Obama and his cronies eventually storming their homes and collecting their guns. Definitely a train of thought that I don't subscribe to.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#54 : April 23, 2013, 10:37:32 AM

Having bought a gun recently without any sort of background check run, I certainly feel that there needs to better and more extensive checks. I know a lot of gun owners that feel this way. The problem with a lot of those folks is that they feel if they concede that one issue, that it will lead to Obama and his cronies eventually storming their homes and collecting their guns. Definitely a train of thought that I don't subscribe to.
I don't have a problem with background checks being expanded, but I do not subscribe to the idea that this will make us significantly safer. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 23, 2013, 10:45:11 AM

I don't have a problem with background checks being expanded, but I do not subscribe to the idea that this will make us significantly safer.

I agree.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#56 : April 23, 2013, 12:12:38 PM

It's not that a background check would prevent a person from killing with a gun, its that EXPANDING background checks to private sales closes a loophole, which makes it tougher to get a gun. 

Right now we live in a country that, for all practical purposes, does NOT require a background check AT ALL  . . .because one can just skip the brick and mortar building (where a BC is required) and buy one from a gun sale or private seller without any check. For goodness sake, there is an Al Queda recruitment video that explains the gap in the law.

Will a BC act as a perefect shield from gun violence?  Of course not, but why even have BCs at all if you can just skip past the process by going to a private seller?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 23, 2013, 12:26:24 PM

We are well aware of what it "does"/supposed to do.  Like I said, I do not subscribe to the idea that it makes us significantly safer.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#58 : April 23, 2013, 02:09:25 PM

It's not that a background check would prevent a person from killing with a gun, its that EXPANDING background checks to private sales closes a loophole, which makes it tougher to get a gun. 

Right now we live in a country that, for all practical purposes, does NOT require a background check AT ALL  . . .because one can just skip the brick and mortar building (where a BC is required) and buy one from a gun sale or private seller without any check. For goodness sake, there is an Al Queda recruitment video that explains the gap in the law.

Will a BC act as a perefect shield from gun violence?  Of course not, but why even have BCs at all if you can just skip past the process by going to a private seller?

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but ^this^ is exactly right. Criminals will still undoubtedly get their hands on guns, but that doesn't mean that we should continue to allow there to be no barrier. It would be like arguing that since high school kids can still get their hands on alcohol, we should just allow them to be able to walk into a Publix and buy it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#59 : April 23, 2013, 02:17:58 PM

There is a barrier in place, there are just ways around the barrier and there will be ways around the barrier even if the background checks are expanded.   Just like there are ways for high school kids to get their hands on alcohol if they like.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2016: Obama's America « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools