Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs who could be traded... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: August 27, 2012, 07:59:14 PM

If Dotson grades out well at RT and one of the FA T's is a keeper, maybe we get something for Jeremy Trueblood. I suspect most here would do that in 'bout half a heartbeat... ;D

Depending on the quality of our depth, we could easily trade LeGarrette Blount. We would have to be sure of Mossis Madu or Michael Smith in the RB rotation though...

Preston Parker, depending on Shipley's status. All reports I've seen make it sound like we got a freebee from the Bengals...

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 27, 2012, 08:04:12 PM

If we trade LGB I will lose all faith in Dom...  Oh wait a minute never mind.  That would be really, really DUMB!!!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 27, 2012, 08:09:25 PM

I think they get to around 56 to 57 ptetty east. It's getting to 53 that will be nut crunching time.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

nitey

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 27, 2012, 08:16:34 PM

I don't see the Bucs trading Blount. Running back depth is too important in this league and the Bucs will need both Martin and Blount before the season is over. I also don't see us trading Trueblood, first because even if Dotson beats him out, he'll provide depth for this year and he's on the last year of his contract, I don't see anyone trading a box of **CENSORED**jacks for that.

The only player that we might be able to trade at this point is Forbath and even then the chances of that are pretty slim. All the others, just don't see it at all.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 27, 2012, 08:28:10 PM

I'm sure as hell not down to have Mossis Madu or Michael Smith as our primary backup RB. I think next offseason we'll probably sign a vet RB and draft one to have some depth behind Martin. Then we'll trade Blount.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 27, 2012, 08:44:27 PM

Blount's not going to be traded and I doubt Trueblood is either. The Bucs OL is in a bit of flux right now, not as solid as thought and I think all assets will be kept until they can absolutely be replaced.

One name not mentioned is Cody Grimm. He may have some value since he's started in the league even if for a short while and his only chance to play for the Bucs right now is an injury to Barron. If the Bucs feel that Asante can play at the same level and/or Ahmad Black could fill in....as he did Friday...rather than cutting Grimm there may be a team looking for a SS. I don't think they keep both Asante and Grimm.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 27, 2012, 09:16:56 PM

Blount and Trueblood are'nt going anywhere.  Not enough value in return for what each might contribute this year.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 27, 2012, 09:38:53 PM

Our depth at OL and RB may be the weakest units on the whole team. The only other spot that we can't afford to lose another starter or rotational player is DT.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 27, 2012, 09:44:42 PM

I wonder if Benn has any value.  Probably not enough to be worthwhile.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 27, 2012, 11:21:11 PM

Trade LGB? After what happened last year? That would be Dom, I mean "dumb". Shipley might not be a full go even though he "says" he is. So I wouldn't trade Parker, even though he has somehow "caught" the case of fumblitis. Trueblood? That statement is just full of false starts.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 27, 2012, 11:52:28 PM

If you don't have a starting RB backing up your starting RB.....you are in trouble.

Dames goes for the OLine, which is one of the weakest units. If we are trading Trueblood, why not trade Larson while we are at it.

Parker on the other hand is a little more expendable. Underwood, Shipley, or a healthy Benn can all replicate his production at WR, and it's not going to take much to replace him as a returner....hell even I can muff punts. Maybe get a 7th for him which doesn't sound like a deal. A fifth and I would do it.

TheQ

Starter

#11 : August 28, 2012, 02:39:10 AM

I don't see any of the mentioned players having any trade value.
Blount is not going to be traded and neither is TBlood. The rest will be cut, or Forbath a rookie beats out a high priced kicker Barth.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 28, 2012, 05:35:37 AM

Blount should be gone by the trade deadline. Bucs will be out of it, some team's RB will go down and they'll be desperate. He's RFA in 2013 and UFA in 2014. Get what you can for him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 28, 2012, 05:39:47 AM

If we are stinking it up this year then go ahead and trade Blount by the deadline if we can at least get a 4th.

DanishBucFan

Second String
#14 : August 28, 2012, 07:09:56 AM

Trading away players with the relative lack of depth we have at most positions would be a mistake at this point. The OL situation is critical at this stage so we have to keep what we have unless we somehow get hold of an upgrade from trade or free-agency, which I really doubt.
Furthermore I sincerely doubt that we would get anything in return for the few players we would consider trading. Blount has made some highlight reels last year but there is a reason we went out and spent a 1st round pick on RB. We might get a third-day pick for him and he is much more valuable to us on the roster than that.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs who could be traded... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools