Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Shift Happens" « previous next »
Page: 1

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« : August 28, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »

Makes you think. Nice little bits, interesting video.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : August 28, 2012, 06:45:28 PM »

Maybe I need to buy a few stocks of FB while the price is low.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #2 : August 29, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »

The Bible tells us in the end of days there will be an increase of knowledge.

“At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

http://niv.scripturetext.com/daniel/12.htm

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #3 : August 29, 2012, 07:30:55 AM »

and why some people "get it" and others cannot understand so they call them names like "nuts" insane" or "pray for his kids"

He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.
“From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.
“As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

« #4 : August 29, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »

OT, you're certainly filled with a lot of zeal! -1 Peter 3:13-15

This "knowledge" has a spiritual application-
Isaiah 11:9 American Standard Version (ASV)
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea.

Yes, this true knowledge wasn't unsealed (Dan ch.12) until the last days (which we're in), and that's one clue as to why Christendom doesn't have the truth.
2 Thessalonians 2:2-3 Amplified Bible (AMP)

2 Not to allow your minds to be quickly unsettled or disturbed or kept excited or alarmed, whether it be by some [pretended] revelation of [the] Spirit or by word or by letter [alleged to be] from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has [already] arrived and is here.

3 Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the [a]apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great {b}falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition)
They've been teaching the same false doctrines without restraint (Jude 4) since the last disciple John died in 98 CE and especially since the 3rd & 4th century.

Also, you might want to review Matt 7:1-5. True Christians do not judge others, only their conduct (and teachings) and whether it is Christian and worthy of imitation or not. There is one judge who has been appointed by God Jehova and that's his son Christ Jesus:
2 Timothy 4:1-5 Common English Bible (CEB)
Timothy’s commission and Paul’s departure

4 I’m giving you this commission in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is coming to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearance and his kingdom. 2 Preach the word. Be ready to do it whether it is convenient or inconvenient. Correct, confront, and encourage with patience and instruction. 3 There will come a time when people will not tolerate sound teaching. They will collect teachers who say what they want to hear because they are self-centered. 4 They will turn their back on the truth and turn to myths. 5 But you must keep control of yourself in all circumstances. Endure suffering, do the work of a preacher of the good news, and carry out your service fully.

SEE ALSO:
Prophetically speaking of Christ Jesus-
Isaiah 11:1-5 American Standard Version (ASV)

11  And there shall come forth a shoot out of the stock of Jesse, and a branch out of his roots shall bear fruit.

2 And the Spirit of Jehovah shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.

3 And his delight shall be in the fear of Jehovah; and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither decide after the hearing of his ears;

4 but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his waist, and faithfulness the girdle of his loins.

John 5:30 American Standard Version (ASV)

30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Acts 17:29-31 Darby Translation (DARBY)

29 Being therefore [the] offspring of God, we ought not to think that which is divine to be like gold or silver or stone, [the] graven form of man's art and imagination.

30 God therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance, now enjoins men that they shall all everywhere repent,

31 because he has set a day in which he is going to judge the habitable earth in righteousness by [the] man whom he has appointed, giving the proof [of it] to all [in] having raised him from among [the] dead.

Romans 14:10-13 American Standard Version (ASV)

10 But thou, why dost thou judge thy brother? or thou again, why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment-seat of God.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, to me every knee shall bow, And every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then each one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge ye this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock in his brother's way, or an occasion of falling.

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 American Standard Version (ASV)

4 For I know nothing against myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

5 Wherefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and make manifest the counsels of the hearts; and then shall each man have his praise from God.

1 Peter 4:3-5 Good News Translation (GNT)

3 You have spent enough time in the past doing what the heathen like to do. Your lives were spent in indecency, lust, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and the disgusting worship of idols. 4 And now the heathen are surprised when you do not join them in the same wild and reckless living, and so they insult you. 5 But they will have to give an account of themselves to God, who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 

verses 15-19:

15 If you suffer, it must not be because you are a murderer or a thief or a criminal or a meddler in other people's affairs. 16 However, if you suffer because you are a Christian, don't be ashamed of it, but thank God that you bear Christ's name.

17 The time has come for judgment to begin, and God's own people are the first to be judged. If it starts with us, how will it end with those who do not believe the Good News from God? 18  As the scripture says,

“It is difficult for good people to be saved;
    what, then, will become of godless sinners?”

19 So then, those who suffer because it is God's will for them, should by their good actions trust themselves completely to their Creator, who always keeps his promise.

Finally OT, some words of encouragment-
1 Peter 3:13-15 Amplified Bible (AMP)

13 Now who is there to hurt you if you are [a]zealous followers of that which is good?

14 But even in case you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, [you are] blessed (happy, to be envied). Do not dread or be afraid of their threats, nor be disturbed [by their opposition].

15 But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.
Footnotes:

[a] 1 Peter 3:13 Best manuscripts read “zealous.”

2 Peter 1:2-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

2  Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; 3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Shift Happens" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools