Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris...."I'd love to be a HC again, because I really did have a ball doing it" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#15 : August 28, 2012, 11:14:42 PM

If he gets another shot I hope its in NO, ATL or CAR.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2012, 11:46:52 PM

If he gets another shot, it will be arena ball.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 29, 2012, 12:54:54 AM

If he would of coached under Gruden he may have become one of the best defensive coordinators of all time. Gruden would of made him accountable and would of motivated him.

True.   And maybe he wouldn't have had such a "ball" and realized that it takes work and commitment to be a winner.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 29, 2012, 12:59:45 AM

He got his one shot, and he blew it.

I would not trust Raheem with an entire team, let a lone an entire defense.

Just don't see ANYTHING in that guy that tells me hes capable of being anything more then a position coach.

Nothing against the guy, just think his ceiling is a DB coach and thats where it should stay.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 29, 2012, 07:58:16 AM

Just watched that Gruden piece that Gumbal did on HBO.  Have to say the guy must be the most driven and competitive coach there is in football.  he rents an office in some strip mall in Tampa so he can still pretend that he is a coach breaking down film and such.  who else does that? Asked if he had an ego he said if wanting to win is having an ego then yes he has a huge ego.   he also acknowledges his failure in Tampa and you can tell he is dying to redeem himself.  Think being fired has made him better.  He says he is obsessed over the whole firing.  When he comes back, and he will, watch out.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#20 : August 29, 2012, 08:42:51 AM

he's a good guy who was put in a position to fail. He did not help his cause at all. He had to go.
I think he's a positive guy and will be an NFL head coach again someday. He is very young and will learn from his mistakes. I think watching how Shanahan runs things will be a good influence on him.
I'm happy with the moves the Bucs made to replace him, but I will always pull for Raheem to do good things.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 29, 2012, 08:49:33 AM

Can't win without talent.  Especially at QB.  This is why Gruden failed.  Is a lot of that on him and Allen?  Sure.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 29, 2012, 08:52:57 AM

you can tell he is dying to redeem himself.  Think being fired has made him better.  He says he is obsessed over the whole firing.  When he comes back, and he will, watch out.

It would be hard to make him better.   He was already the best head coach, just the worst at evaluation of talent.   

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 29, 2012, 09:46:10 AM

COACH Morris definitely needs time at the DC position and some tutelage under a Head Coach going over just what exactly it is required to be successful. He got put in between a rock and hard place. Certainly some of his decisions were rookie mistakes but he was not truly helped out by upper management/owners either.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 29, 2012, 09:53:40 AM

"(The struggles in 2011) had nothing to do with how close I was to my guys. That's how I go about my business. Sure, you can always make adjustments and do some things better, but I can't change who I am.''

If the guy can't learn from his mistakes, there's no way he'll ever be head coach material. Warriors need a leader, not a chest- bumping buddy.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#25 : August 29, 2012, 10:16:32 AM

I'd love for him to be a HC again so the Bucs can have an automatic W anytime his team is on the schedule.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Madman

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 29, 2012, 10:37:58 AM

"There is no other way to do it in my opinion,'' he said. "I believe those guys will play for you if they love you and one year it worked out for us and one year we just didn't get it done on the field. That's all.

It's better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 29, 2012, 10:40:06 AM

Regardless of "feared or loved," you MUST be respected. Raheem was not.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 29, 2012, 10:41:10 AM

Regardless of "feared or loved," you MUST be respected. Raheem was not.

QFT.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#29 : August 29, 2012, 10:42:03 AM

Gruden cant develop young talent. He also refuses to change his system to fit the players. In my mind that makes him a horrible coach.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris...."I'd love to be a HC again, because I really did have a ball doing it" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools