Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris...."I'd love to be a HC again, because I really did have a ball doing it" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JohnBuc06

Starter

#30 : August 29, 2012, 10:59:35 AM

Regardless of "feared or loved," you MUST be respected. Raheem was not.

Ding Ding Ding ...and that was his ultimate downfall.  He acted as "one of the guys" with his players and thats exactly how they treated him.  They might have all loved him but none respected him enough as the HC to do what was needed to compete in this league.  I agree with the folks who say its gonna be a hard road for him to get another HC shot.  He was the "hot young assistant on the rise" when he got the Buc's job but every year in the league there's always another "hot young assistant" or two that emerges.  Raheem's problem now is he's going to have the ugly baggage of the Bucs historic (and yes when you field the worst D in franchise history its historic) 2011 season on his resume that other "hot young assistants" won't have.  To get another HC shot he's going to have to have quite a few years as a coordinator and field top level defenses during that time ...maybe even going back to the college ranks to rebuild his resume.

It's going to be interesting to see how his career progresses ...I'm not surprised to hear all the Redskins DB's "love" Raheem, its his MO.  While that works for a positions coach I think we all agree it takes more (respect) to be a successful HC or even a DC.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#31 : August 29, 2012, 11:19:17 AM

Great position coach horrible head coach, before he aspires to be a HC again maybe he should try beeing a coordinator where his defense doesn't give up 10 yards per play.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : August 29, 2012, 11:23:25 AM

Raheem sounds like the guy we hired a while ago to assist with some of the work we were doing in Thailand.    He was worthlessly unproductive at work, but said he had a ball doing it.   He was fired not long afterwards.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 29, 2012, 11:24:45 AM

Did you give him a chest bump?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 29, 2012, 11:35:09 AM

He gave plenty of Lady boys chest bumps.   He was young and naive.   I think he was like 29.   That dude never could figure out which ones were guys and which ones were chicks.   He bedded more lady boys in 2 weeks than he knew.    I went out bar hopping with him the first night and warned him away from them.   But after that he was on his own and the security at the hotel was having a good laugh telling me that my friend had been taking lady boys to his room.   LOL!   

My bet is that if Raheem went to Thailand, he'd do the same thing.   Dude is as naive as they come.
: August 29, 2012, 11:36:50 AM JavaRay

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 29, 2012, 11:35:44 AM

I never got the impression Morris liked being a head coach very much. He seemed to really let the pressure get to him. I think he most wanted to be a coordinator and develop his hybrid amoeba defense that left Sean Jones covering Calvin Johnson.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 29, 2012, 11:50:27 AM

I just think he likes making up new words.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 29, 2012, 11:56:04 AM

Newords?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 29, 2012, 11:58:58 AM

Newords?

LOL. You're on fire today!

Wait, I got it... NUWORDZ

: August 29, 2012, 12:02:21 PM Madman

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 29, 2012, 12:05:22 PM

I didn't bother watching the Panthers and Falcons game last year at the end of the year. After the TEN game, there was really no point in watching that team that took the field last year. Jaguars game was pretty frustrating game to watch too.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 29, 2012, 12:07:53 PM

Hopefully he is the Cowboys next HC...that would be awesome for all...except Cowboys fans.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#41 : August 29, 2012, 12:18:59 PM

Hopefully he is the Cowboys next HC...that would be awesome for all...except Cowboys fans.
The good news is he may be a head coach in the NFL again BUT IT WON'T BE IN TAMPA!!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 29, 2012, 12:44:47 PM

It's going to be fun to see Gruden win more super bowls when he comes back. Hope he gets a chance to coach Tebow.

I don't think he's ever going to come back as a coach. He's probably going to be the next "Madden."

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 29, 2012, 01:51:43 PM

He will return.  He's just taking some time to smell the roses.  But he sounds like a man that can't walk away.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 29, 2012, 03:47:03 PM

MNF is a real nice gig, and he's darned good at it. I would be surprised to see him back on the sidelines, but ya never know...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris...."I'd love to be a HC again, because I really did have a ball doing it" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools