Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles looking to trade D-Lineman Darryl Tapp « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: August 29, 2012, 06:14:08 PM

Darryl Tapp | Defensive Lineman

Team:  Philadelphia Eagles

Age / DOB:   (27) / 9/13/1984

Ht / Wt:   6'1' / 270

College:  Virginia Tech

Contract:  view contract details

• 3/16/2010: Signed a three-year, $9 million contract. The deal included a $3 million signing bonus. Another $6 million is available through escalators. 2012: $2.575 million, 2013: Free Agent

Latest News

The Wilmington News Journal expects the Eagles to trade DE Darryl Tapp before Week 1.Tapp may be cut if he isn't traded, so interested parties could potentially wait and sign him for cheaper than his $2.575 million base salary after he's released. The 28-year-old Tapp registered 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble on limited snaps last season. He's buried behind Jason Babin, Trent Cole, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, and Philip Hunt on Philadelphia's defensive end depth chart.

Aug 29 - 5:12 PM

Source: Wilmington News Journal

BucsWin31

Starter

#1 : August 29, 2012, 06:18:44 PM

I want him on board

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 29, 2012, 06:24:06 PM

Sign me up.

Next, DT.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 29, 2012, 06:26:11 PM

We can probably get him on waivers after the next round of cuts.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 29, 2012, 06:31:47 PM

We are close to last on waivers after picking up Shipley, I believe. If he's going to get cut, spending a 7th wouldn't be crazy.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 29, 2012, 06:33:13 PM

I have a stinkin Eagle's fan friend that was just telling me last week that the Bucs should inquire about Tapp.

Coincidence? I think not! lol

Bring him in!

Not a betting person, but I'd wager a nickel that the Eagles, with all of their talent on Dline, will fetch something for him before having to release.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 29, 2012, 06:40:50 PM

We are close to last on waivers after picking up Shipley, I believe. If he's going to get cut, spending a 7th wouldn't be crazy.
I agree that it wouldn't be crazy to spend a 7th on him, but you're incorrect in thinking that our spot on waivers changes after picking up Shipley.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 29, 2012, 06:44:29 PM

I agree that it wouldn't be crazy to spend a 7th on him, but you're incorrect in thinking that our spot on waivers changes after picking up Shipley.

I do believe that you are correct, BucsnNoles.

Can you explain how it all breaks down? -If it has any effect on priority... Thx.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 29, 2012, 06:51:31 PM

I do believe that you are correct, BucsnNoles.

Can you explain how it all breaks down? -If it has any effect on priority... Thx.
It goes by last season's record until like the 3rd or 4th week of the season and at that point it will change to be based on the record of the current season.  Picking up someone doesn't change a team's priority like it does in fantasy football.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 29, 2012, 06:58:07 PM

Thank you kindly!

Good to know. Let's go shopping, Dom. :D

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 29, 2012, 06:59:41 PM

Good to know, I try not to bother with the off the field stuff. Still, if we want him we would likely have to give up a 7th so another team doesn't snatch him up.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 29, 2012, 07:00:17 PM

Best year was 2007 with 7 sacks.  Only 27.  Could be a decent rotational guy.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 29, 2012, 07:04:16 PM

I have a...Eagle's fan friend...

Doesn't surprise me. You've always struck me as a closet Eagles fan.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 29, 2012, 07:14:11 PM

6'1 270 ?? Dude is a smurf for a Dlineman . No thanks. Our run D is suspect enough already.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 29, 2012, 10:19:04 PM

Interesting.

But I think they might be more in the market for an O-lineman.

Although Dom said tonight, they might actually cut below the 53 man limit.   And restock with new guys.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles looking to trade D-Lineman Darryl Tapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools