Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles looking to trade D-Lineman Darryl Tapp « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsWin31

Starter

#15 : August 29, 2012, 10:48:20 PM

Best year was 2007 with 7 sacks.  Only 27.  Could be a decent rotational guy.
he been productive everywhere he's been. Definitely could use him for the Carolina game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 29, 2012, 10:49:12 PM

Yes... Do it Dom! Dline needs this guy.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 29, 2012, 11:13:07 PM

6'1 270 ?? Dude is a smurf for a Dlineman . No thanks. Our run D is suspect enough already.
My thoughts exactly.
If we do add a dlinemen before next weekend he better be 310+ and a premium run stuffer

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 29, 2012, 11:20:20 PM

6'1 270 ?? Dude is a smurf for a Dlineman . No thanks. Our run D is suspect enough already.
My thoughts exactly.
If we do add a dlinemen before next weekend he better be 310+ and a premium run stuffer

Bennett only goes 274......and Clayborn 280.........George Johnson 265

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 29, 2012, 11:21:07 PM

After watching the BUcs D-line get abused like Choir Boys, I would strongly urge something be done to improve the quality of the backups.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 29, 2012, 11:21:54 PM

Smurf defenders can sometimes make for a splash play or two. 

Ask Elvis "I get stomped on by Marcus Vick" Dumervil.

BucsWin31

Starter

#21 : August 29, 2012, 11:21:59 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Boom! And the tape don't lie, he gets to the quarterback...we need as many ppl like that as possible.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 29, 2012, 11:34:53 PM

My thoughts exactly.

those are DE's not DT's.
Want to see what size can get you at DT? Look no further than the Patriots Wilfork and look at Doug Martins rushing numbers for that game.
We need a spac eater who can hold the point of attack against the center and gaurd. Tapp is relentless in the pass rush but sucks against the run.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 29, 2012, 11:36:42 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Boom! And the tape don't lie, he gets to the quarterback...we need as many ppl like that as possible.

I never understood the concepts that were put on DLs.

So you HAVE to be big? Yet you want to go low to the ground for better leverage? Why not just have DLs that are all around 6ft?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 29, 2012, 11:43:32 PM

My thoughts exactly.

those are DE's not DT's.
Want to see what size can get you at DT? Look no further than the Patriots Wilfork and look at Doug Martins rushing numbers for that game.
We need a spac eater who can hold the point of attack against the center and gaurd. Tapp is relentless in the pass rush but sucks against the run.

I think he is listing DE's because, well, Tapp is a DE. Crazy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 29, 2012, 11:45:08 PM

My thoughts exactly.

those are DE's not DT's.

This Tapp dude IS a DE.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 29, 2012, 11:55:57 PM

My thoughts exactly.

those are DE's not DT's.

This Tapp dude IS a DE.
I'm aware.
Note that I posted, "If we add a dlinemen he should be a 310+ run stuffer." That was followed by Anit Java posting the sizes of DE's.?
My point is we need a run stuffer more than a pass rusher in the final 53. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 30, 2012, 12:02:51 AM

My thoughts exactly.

those are DE's not DT's.

This Tapp dude IS a DE.
I'm aware.
Note that I posted, "If we add a dlinemen he should be a 310+ run stuffer." That was followed by Anit Java posting the sizes of DE's.?
My point is we need a run stuffer more than a pass rusher in the final 53.

I hear ya man, and agree.   I was thinking this Tapp dude was more of a Bowers fill-in.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 30, 2012, 01:41:54 AM

Still young too.  It will be interesting to see Dom's plan this weekend.  He said tonight he may even go under 53, then fill with new guys.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 30, 2012, 03:09:10 AM

Still young too.  It will be interesting to see Dom's plan this weekend.  He said tonight he may even go under 53, then fill with new guys.

If he does, it says a lot about how bad the second stringers are.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles looking to trade D-Lineman Darryl Tapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools