Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Waiver Wire Running Backs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 30, 2012, 11:42:51 PM

Madu is gone

Ah, darn, hope he catches on somewhere. He's one of the nicest athletes I've ever met. My girlfriend doesn't even really know what getting cut means, but she's sad that it's not a good thing for Madu. He made a big impression on her at the Avengers screening.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 31, 2012, 12:24:09 AM

Sounds like Madu may be doing your chick behind your back.   You may be better off that he leaves Tampa.

Seriously dude do you have to instigate and insult everybody?
Try growing up!

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#32 : August 31, 2012, 12:31:00 AM

Sounds like Madu may be doing your chick behind your back.   You may be better off that he leaves Tampa.
And you wonder why people cant stand you... Having a different opinion than mine about football is one thing but being a classless prick is another.... gtfo

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 31, 2012, 12:50:45 AM

LOL! I have him on ignore and very rarely actually click to show his posts.

I'm like 70% certain my girlfriend isn't having an affair with Madu.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : August 31, 2012, 12:57:16 AM

Seriously dude do you have to instigate and insult everybody?

Sorry, but he started it.   And continued it, and continued it.    That jagoff deserves a strike back once in a while.    Are you feeling left out?    You sure seem to like to throw out endless personal attacks, but I haven't attacked back.   My apologies for ignoring your insults.   I'll try to be more proactive towards you in the future.
: August 31, 2012, 12:58:57 AM JavaRay

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 31, 2012, 03:10:21 AM

So Hughes is already cut too? Damn man. Not only am I disappointed because I like Hughes, but this means we are rolling with Martin, Blount, and Smith at RB? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. (see 2011) I sure hope we hit the waiver wire and get another solid RB.

Draft Aaron Donald

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 31, 2012, 03:40:55 AM

So Hughes is already cut too? Damn man. Not only am I disappointed because I like Hughes, but this means we are rolling with Martin, Blount, and Smith at RB? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. (see 2011) I sure hope we hit the waiver wire and get another solid RB.
Recipe for disaster? Really?

Hughes wouldn't be anything else than a FB anyway.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 31, 2012, 04:08:44 AM

Just like Chad Spann was the answer to all our problems at RB?

Dude you need to relax about your sleeper RBs. They never do as well as you want them to.

Chris Polk and Bryce Brown are different because they were well known guys going into the draft. Guys you want are off the beaten path.

I think  our RB depth will be fine this year.

Checkmeout

Rookie

#38 : August 31, 2012, 06:34:28 AM

I agree with 4090. I don't have any worries with our RB depth, Martin, Blount and Smith are all capable backs. I wont deny a 4th RB wont be a bad addition

For me its about the Oline and if they will be good enough with Davin going down to allow our RB's to produce. That's the key for me.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : August 31, 2012, 07:04:51 AM

Your love interest Tim Tebow would NOT be proud of you saying things like that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 31, 2012, 07:24:28 AM

Chris Polk and Bryce Brown are different because they were well known guys going into the draft.

Yeah. Because being well known is what makes you good.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 31, 2012, 07:27:11 AM

I'm not over hyping Hughes btw. I really don't think he was anything great. What I am concerned with is what happens if Martin gets hurt. Some of you think Smith could come in and split carries with Blount and there'd be no problem. I don't. You look around the league, especially our own division, and teams are 3 or 4 deep at running back. We are a team that wants to run first and we only have two real running backs. One of which hasn't proven to be an every down back. I think that is a recipe for disaster....not just because we cut Hughes. He was just a guy that could block, catch. and run which made me feel a little better.

Fingers crossed we get a real backup running back off the waiver wire.
: August 31, 2012, 07:30:35 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#42 : August 31, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

I'm concerned about our running back depth. That might seem odd to some, but the way I see it Martin is a better version of Graham, and Blount is still Blount (not a well rounded three down back) so if Martin goes down with injury, we are in the same boat as last year. The only difference is we depend on Smith and Madu instead of Lumpkin and Madu. I don't see that as a good thing. I'm hoping we keep Hughes because not only has he looked better than Lorig at FB, but he is an option as 3rd down back if Martin was to get hurt.

Anyways, I am watching the waiver wire closely to see what running backs are cut or might be cut. Right now the only guys that have been cut that I like are Joe Martinek and Tyrell Sutton.

From the sounds of it, the Eagles will cut either Chris Polk or Bryce Brown. I'd like to swoop in and grab either of those guys. Bryce Brown could be a Blount like steal for us. 

Another guy that I've always liked is Keiland Williams. He is an Earnest Graham clone in every way. He is on the Lions roster though and they are hurting for RBs, so he might be safe.

Anyone else have any RBs that might hit the waiver wire tomorrow?

Not sure if he'll be off waiver but I'll say Jonathan Dwyer # 27 from Pittsburg. That dude is a beast. I usually agree with your opinions but not this one. I think our RB depth is probably one of the best depth positions on the team. If Martin would get hurt I wouldn't worry. Don't forget Blount took over when Caddy was on a decline and got over 1000 yards. Last season, he still managed to get 781 yards considering the run game was often adandoned early. Also, think Michael Smith would do a good job if Martin or Blount would go down. Considering other positions, I am not sure why this one would be a cause for concern. I am more worried about debt at DL.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 31, 2012, 08:26:23 AM

As much as Schiano wants to run the ball I'd honestly be surprised if we only kept 3 RBs not including FB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 31, 2012, 08:32:22 AM

I'm concerned about our running back depth. That might seem odd to some, but the way I see it Martin is a better version of Graham, and Blount is still Blount (not a well rounded three down back) so if Martin goes down with injury, we are in the same boat as last year. The only difference is we depend on Smith and Madu instead of Lumpkin and Madu. I don't see that as a good thing. I'm hoping we keep Hughes because not only has he looked better than Lorig at FB, but he is an option as 3rd down back if Martin was to get hurt.

Anyways, I am watching the waiver wire closely to see what running backs are cut or might be cut. Right now the only guys that have been cut that I like are Joe Martinek and Tyrell Sutton.

From the sounds of it, the Eagles will cut either Chris Polk or Bryce Brown. I'd like to swoop in and grab either of those guys. Bryce Brown could be a Blount like steal for us. 

Another guy that I've always liked is Keiland Williams. He is an Earnest Graham clone in every way. He is on the Lions roster though and they are hurting for RBs, so he might be safe.

Anyone else have any RBs that might hit the waiver wire tomorrow?

Not sure if he'll be off waiver but I'll say Jonathan Dwyer # 27 from Pittsburg. That dude is a beast. I usually agree with your opinions but not this one. I think our RB depth is probably one of the best depth positions on the team. If Martin would get hurt I wouldn't worry. Don't forget Blount took over when Caddy was on a decline and got over 1000 yards. Last season, he still managed to get 781 yards considering the run game was often adandoned early. Also, think Michael Smith would do a good job if Martin or Blount would go down. Considering other positions, I am not sure why this one would be a cause for concern. I am more worried about debt at DL.

In 2010 Blount was Blount and Caddie played the every down back.

In 2011 Blount was Blount and Graham was the every down back. When Graham went down we turned to Lumpkin and it was horrible.

This year Blount will be Blount and Martin will be the every down back. All will be great unless Martin gets hurt. Even if I'm wrong about Smith and he is a great runner, his pass protection sucks and I haven't seen him catch a single ball in preseason....so to think he'd be a good option as the every down back just doesn't make sense. We don't need a world beater, but we do need a valid earnest Graham/Michael Pittman type guy.

: August 31, 2012, 08:34:30 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Waiver Wire Running Backs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools