Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs inability to sell out should raise specter of relocation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 31, 2012, 06:51:52 PM

Yup I think if we start winning games consistently we will get them to come out.

doesn't that translate to fair-weathered?

That's exactly what it is, not to talk down on that type of fan. Tampa just isn't a football town.

Not saying its ok. Just seems to be what this city is like now days. It's sad but true.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 31, 2012, 06:54:28 PM

We can't move for like 13 years, but either way our fanbase is garbage. People are CONSTANTLY coming up with new excuses to not go to games. It's really sad.

watson

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 31, 2012, 06:54:43 PM

The Bucs aren't capable of moving for another 10 years or so.
It would be very unusual if the stadium contract didn't have language in it that gave the Bucs an out if the fan base didn't show support for the team.  I believe that is fairly standard language in these type of contracts.  It is easy to see where the Glazers would want to move to LA.....never forget they are all about the money.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : August 31, 2012, 06:58:09 PM

Watson is absolutely correct (as usual). Bucs are nearly worth a billion dollars. The owners are wealthy enough to pay their way out of the lease or show non-support as Watson posted. Rays are looking at the very same thing.

watson

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 31, 2012, 07:03:47 PM

Watson is absolutely correct (as usual). Bucs are nearly worth a billion dollars. The owners are wealthy enough to pay their way out of the lease or show non-support as Watson posted. Rays are looking at the very same thing.
It would be sad to see Tampa lose both franchises...but without support the owners aren't going to stick around for long.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 31, 2012, 07:06:29 PM

$3.50  beers and the stadium would be full. No need to do anything else.

Never underestimate the power of cheap alchohol.....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 31, 2012, 07:12:29 PM

That may or may not be true, but the fact is that the NFL doesn't like teams abandoning markets unless they have done everything possible to bring fans to the team. The Bucs have only lately been doing that, they have several more years of trying before they can even talk about relocation.

Putting a good product on the field will solve the issue in a lot less time.

I'm as bummed as a lot of others about the opening game being blacked out, I have tickets to the game that I bought with the idea that if the game sold out, I'd give them away, if not, I'd use them. However, how the team performs in that game will be a large factor in whether I shell out more money to see the game in person or not.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : August 31, 2012, 07:13:44 PM

$3.50 beer?

Not so fast.

Not happening at RJS.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 31, 2012, 07:15:01 PM

Lease

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 31, 2012, 07:25:05 PM

$3.50 beer?

Not so fast.

Not happening at RJS.

While that would be great, the stadium would probably break out into a riot. 5 dollar beers would fill the stadium. Also, back to back winning or even competitive seasons might help.

Pewterman

Starter

#40 : August 31, 2012, 07:25:32 PM

I just feel that the blackout rule is in turn only hurting us. To the casual Buc fan, who needs to be inspired to come to games, it doesn't help that they can't see they development of the team even if we don't win. I don't think that anyone here would mind a 7-9 season as long as it's done with effort, a competitive nature, and a good foot into the future. But they won't see that. They'll only see a lousy 9 in the loss column. So unless this this squad wins immediately, which will be hard with such a large change going on, we'll be stuck in a cycle of blackouts and uninspired fans. And articles like this only give us negative feedback in which the mass sees and our very own fans sees. I've no doubt this is influencing some fans especially with the whole LA idea. It really isn't helping us to sell tickets.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#41 : August 31, 2012, 07:26:32 PM

$3.50 beer?

Not so fast.

Not happening at RJS.

While that would be great, the stadium would probably break out into a riot. 5 dollar beers would fill the stadium. Also, back to back winning or even competitive seasons might help.
As long as the Bucs start winning all of the BS talk will be non existent.

MasterC25

Starter
#42 : August 31, 2012, 08:20:38 PM

You reap what you sow. The Glazer's pissed off a lot of people over the last few years, its going to take time and wining to bring them back.

lol  "reap what you sow" r u serious? You thinking the Glazers are losing sleep over this. The city of Tampa will lose in the end, frankly I could care less Im in Houston and have no alliance to the city of Tampa just to the franchise. The Glazers are well respected in business world,owners of Man U (top sports team in the world). Also don't forget about that stadium there building in Los Angeles that Goddell and co are salivating about getting a team in that market, dont think for a second the Glazers aren't holding there cards tight as to whether or now to jump ship(No pun) on the city of Tampa.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 31, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

If they move, I might have to cut ties with that entire franchise.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 31, 2012, 08:45:09 PM

Myopic hard core fans making something out of nothing. It's not that complicated:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/08/after-peaking-in-2007-nfl-attendance-steadily-has-declined/

and this:

"State economists estimate Florida's unemployment rate would be higher than 16 percent if you add in discouraged job seekers and part-timers who would prefer to have full-time work."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/workinglife/florida-unemployment-falls-to-87-percent-but8230/1230780

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs inability to sell out should raise specter of relocation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools