Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO SELLOUT ???? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 01, 2012, 09:59:32 AM

Most guys like a couple Beers while watching a game. They need to cut beer prices. Are you telling me you still aren't making a nice profit selling cheap ass Bud Light for 4.50 a cup ?? Why the need to gouge everyone at 9.00 a cup ??

The fans do suck , but don't sit here and act like the Glazers are offering wonderful deals. The changes they've made to lower prices and improve fan expierence are superficial at best.

9 dollars a beer is any game you go to, rays and lightning are the same way. That's why you have a few before the game.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#16 : September 01, 2012, 10:14:06 AM

No one forces you to eat at the game! Tailgate beforehand.

Drinking beer in the hot sun, isn't my idea of "fun".

Parking can be had for $5-10 if you are not lazy and willing to walk.

I have season tickets in the nosebleeds, and I just walk down to the lower bowl. Since the rest of the "fans" don't want to support the team I enjoy having my choice of seating.

Lot of complaining and little action by this lazy, fan base.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#17 : September 01, 2012, 10:42:26 AM

No one forces you to eat at the game! Tailgate beforehand.

Drinking beer in the hot sun, isn't my idea of "fun".

Parking can be had for $5-10 if you are not lazy and willing to walk.

I have season tickets in the nosebleeds, and I just walk down to the lower bowl. Since the rest of the "fans" don't want to support the team I enjoy having my choice of seating.

Lot of complaining and little action by this lazy, fan base.

Exactly! As much as I enjoy beer, drinking on Sunday has never been my thing, especially in the heat. I park cheap and walk for about five minutes, easy breezy. I have parked at Chili's and had lunch numerous times, and just left my car there. Never had a problem. It really bothers me that the game will likely be blacked out, although I will be there.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : September 01, 2012, 10:46:49 AM

Ever wonder why Miami and Jacksonville have similar attendance issues as the Bucs?

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#19 : September 01, 2012, 11:03:30 AM

Poor product=poor consumer base.  Get's real simple.
signed Cubs fans, and Browns fans.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#20 : September 01, 2012, 11:13:15 AM

Ever wonder why Miami and Jacksonville have similar attendance issues as the Bucs?

No one is from Florida, people come here to die or escape the cold weather. There are very few of us Florida Natives. Probably doesn't help that the Dolphins, Jaguars and Bucs are always drafting high so that means lots of losing. America loves a winner, and are bandwagon jumpers. We see it here in our backyard. People will be Steeler fans, but have a Rays shirt on since the Pittsburgh baseball team has been horrible for 20 plus years(until recently). Do you honestly think if the Steelers, or Cowboys weren't good teams in the 70's and 80's they would have national followings? The Bucs were bad, bad, really bad for years. No one wants to get behind a team like that, not even people living in the city they represent.

Sports is almost as much about tradition as it is about wins and losses. The Bucs have maybe 10 years of success out of how many years of being a team? That's not going to win you too many fans not even in your own backyard. I remember the good times this city has had embracing their sports teams, but the good are too few and far between. Which is depressing, and heartbreaking for the few of us who are 100% behind our hometown teams.

Formerly known as T

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#21 : September 01, 2012, 11:15:54 AM

Poor product=poor consumer base.  Get's real simple.
signed Cubs fans, and Browns fans.

Different market, market depends on what product sells or doesn't sell. Have you ever been to Wrigley? Place is a giant party, create a party atmosphere in Raymond James and it sells out. Browns fans, well Browns fans are who I envy they are fiercley loyal. Maybe it's because, there is zero to do in Ohio. But those fans just stick with their team no matter what.

Formerly known as T

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 01, 2012, 11:24:06 AM

No one is from Florida, people come here to die or escape the cold weather. There are very few of us Florida Natives. Probably doesn't help that the Dolphins, Jaguars and Bucs are always drafting high so that means lots of losing. America loves a winner, and are bandwagon jumpers. We see it here in our backyard. People will be Steeler fans, but have a Rays shirt on since the Pittsburgh baseball team has been horrible for 20 plus years(until recently). Do you honestly think if the Steelers, or Cowboys weren't good teams in the 70's and 80's they would have national followings? The Bucs were bad, bad, really bad for years. No one wants to get behind a team like that, not even people living in the city they represent.

Sports is almost as much about tradition as it is about wins and losses. The Bucs have maybe 10 years of success out of how many years of being a team? That's not going to win you too many fans not even in your own backyard. I remember the good times this city has had embracing their sports teams, but the good are too few and far between. Which is depressing, and heartbreaking for the few of us who are 100% behind our hometown teams.

So the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are located in an area where loyalty to the team is weaker than fans from other NFL cities. Big whoop. Continuing to complain about it is like complaining about the heat in Florida. It's not going away. You deal with the fact - take it or leave it.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#23 : September 01, 2012, 11:29:57 AM

So the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are located in an area where loyalty to the team is weaker than fans from other NFL cities. Big whoop. Continuing to complain about it is like complaining about the heat in Florida. It's not going away. You deal with the fact - take it or leave it.

No complaints I've lived with it my whole life. Just pointing a glaring reason why the fan base is so weak. Especially for those out of town members on here. There are a few other places that have this problem as well, San Diego is a huge transient area as well. I guess it's so frustrating especially after seeing how great this city once embraced the Bucs and to see where it's at now.

Formerly known as T

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 01, 2012, 11:34:23 AM

Owners of the Bucs (and Rays for that matter) can continue to find a variety of angles to get fans to buy their product.  They're business owners and need to be smart just like any other business vying for customers.  In San Antonio, the Spurs used to bus in fans from various parts of town to the arena for every home game so you didn't have to deal with expensive parking and the hassle of getting into and out of the stadium parking lots. The Atlanta Falcons has something similar with MARTA - park and ride. New York teams and Boston teams have extensive subways systems to bring fans to their stadiums.   Bucs just need to continue to find ways to get customers in their stadiums. Need to hire smart people that know how to get it done.     

Last year they hired a new pub relations person (hired away from the Charlotte Bobcats) and she's done a lot to improve community/fan relations.  They just have a long way to go to develop their fan base. Jeff Vinik, owner of the Bolts, is doing an outstanding job in luring fans - and he's invested a ton of money in the Venue as part of getting fans into the Tampa Times Forum.

: September 01, 2012, 11:38:24 AM Morgan

RiotHeart

Starter

#25 : September 01, 2012, 11:40:03 AM

Wow if we cant sell this game out we are in for a long season of black outs .... this is so sad 30$ for a ticket,free parking,half price drinks !!! L.A is scarring me more then ever now  :(
$30 tickets sold out so your point is invalid
: September 01, 2012, 11:41:50 AM RiotHeart

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#26 : September 01, 2012, 11:41:39 AM

Owners of the Bucs (and Rays for that matter) can continue to find a variety of angles to get fans to buy their product.  They're business owners and need to be smart just like any other business vying for customers.  In San Antonio, the Spurs used to bus in fans from various parts of town to the arena for every home game so you didn't have to deal with expensive parking and the hassle of getting into and out of the stadium parking lots. The Atlanta Falcons has something similar with MARTA - park and ride. New York teams and Boston teams have extensive subways systems to bring fans to their stadiums.   Bucs just need to continue to find ways to get customers in their stadiums. Need to hire smart people that know how to get it done.     

Last year they hired a new pub relations person (hired away from the Charlotte Bobcats) and she's done a lot to improve community/fan relations.  They just have a long way to go to develop their fan base. Jeff Vinik, owner of the Bolts, is doing an outstanding job in luring fans - and he's invested a ton of money in the Venue as part of getting fans into the Tampa Times Forum.

Agreed.

No mass transit in the Tampa/St Pete area kills the teams, and doesn't help with attendance. The desgin of the area is very spread out and not condensed like other larger metro areas (Boston, NYC, Philly, Chicago) so that is not helping. But it wasn't a problem when the Bucs were consistently winning year after year.

I think the attendance issues witht he sports teams in the area are a lot of factors mixed together. But the Bucs do need to do a better job of getting people into the stadium and then once they get there keep them coming back with exciting games and quality football.

Formerly known as T

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 01, 2012, 11:52:33 AM

I think the attendance issues witht he sports teams in the area are a lot of factors mixed together. But the Bucs do need to do a better job of getting people into the stadium and then once they get there keep them coming back with exciting games and quality football.

Agree 110%. It's too easy to say "Tampa has a sucky fanbase" without looking at all the underlying reasons/factors causing fans to not go to the stadium to see the games.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 01, 2012, 11:58:20 AM

Owners of the Bucs (and Rays for that matter) can continue to find a variety of angles to get fans to buy their product.  They're business owners and need to be smart just like any other business vying for customers.  In San Antonio, the Spurs used to bus in fans from various parts of town to the arena for every home game so you didn't have to deal with expensive parking and the hassle of getting into and out of the stadium parking lots.

I grew up in San Antonio.  The relationship between the fans and the Spurs is one of the most unique and peculiar in all of sports.  You're hard pressed to find anyone in that city who isn't a PROUD fan of that basketball team.

Then again, two decades of being a top-3 NBA team probably help.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 01, 2012, 12:03:50 PM

Owners of the Bucs (and Rays for that matter) can continue to find a variety of angles to get fans to buy their product.  They're business owners and need to be smart just like any other business vying for customers.  In San Antonio, the Spurs used to bus in fans from various parts of town to the arena for every home game so you didn't have to deal with expensive parking and the hassle of getting into and out of the stadium parking lots.

I grew up in San Antonio.  The relationship between the fans and the Spurs is one of the most unique and peculiar in all of sports.  You're hard pressed to find anyone in that city who isn't a PROUD fan of that basketball team.

Then again, two decades of being a top-3 NBA team probably help.

I lived in SA for awhile and rarely missed a Spurs game on the TV and probably went to 20 games a season.  Everywhere you went, people were familiar w/ the Spurs. Businesses all supported the Spurs (it was also in their best interest to do so - don't see that much here in Tampa w/ the Bucs).    I found New Orleans to be very similiar w/ the Saints - everyone talks about the Saints no matter where you go in the city.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO SELLOUT ???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools