Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roster Changes Already « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#90 : September 03, 2012, 11:21:36 AM

Vandervelve and Wallace: ballers

Basketball in his spare time I guess.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#91 : September 03, 2012, 11:23:56 AM

What the heck is going on at OBP this morning?  lol

@TBBuccaneers:
DL Wallace Gilberry is returning to the 53-man roster as the Bucs get ready to practice Monday. G Julian Vandervelde has been waived.

I'm glad to see Gilberry returning as we need the depth and thought he's better than George Johnson or Te'o-Neshiem, but Vandervelde just got here...

Failed physical?  Failed conditioning test?  Thought releasing Gilberry was a mistake and had a change of heart?

There's been some comment by others that the Gilberry release was temporary until they sorted out other positions such as the 112 DBs still on the roster.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#92 : September 03, 2012, 11:28:10 AM

Makes sense, it's foolish to can Gilberry without a plan in place.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#93 : September 03, 2012, 11:28:16 AM

I do wonder what Coach Schiano will have to say.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#94 : September 03, 2012, 12:31:59 PM

What the heck is going on at OBP this morning?  lol

@TBBuccaneers:
DL Wallace Gilberry is returning to the 53-man roster as the Bucs get ready to practice Monday. G Julian Vandervelde has been waived.

I'm glad to see Gilberry returning as we need the depth and thought he's better than George Johnson or Te'o-Neshiem, but Vandervelde just got here...

Failed physical?  Failed conditioning test?  Thought releasing Gilberry was a mistake and had a change of heart?

I'm guessing there was a quick tryout between Wallace and Vandervelde, both of whom are C/G types.

Good point.

Also, maybe they had a plan of claiming Vandervelde only to cut him to put him on the PS.

Who knows.  Will be curious to see what coach Schiano says...

That was my thought as well

BucD

Hall of Famer

#95 : September 04, 2012, 01:36:54 PM

@RCummingsTrib:
The bucs have taken a look at former FSU and Detroit Lions DT Andre Fluellen. No word yet on whether they intend to sign him to add depth
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roster Changes Already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools