Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Confidence in Josh Freeman appears to be at an all time low « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#45 : September 02, 2012, 12:43:41 PM

If we have many injuries on the Defensive side of the ball, we are going to be playing from behind in most, if not all of our games. The coaching staff will have to open up the offense which would give Freeman the chance to lead the team back and at the same time put up big FF numbers. The biggest question is with his accuracy issues, can he capitalize on those opportunity's when they arise?
That is a logical view point.  But, the Bucs played from behind for those last 10 games last year and JF basically fell on his face.  Based on what I have seen of his performance this preseason, nothing has really changed.  He will have a series like the drive against the Pats and then follow thar up with poor decision making, bad passes and not showing that he has made any progress from last year.  I know he is in a new system, but that does not excuse some of the inaccurate throws he keeps making .  I'm a JF fan and want to see him succeed but he seems to be stuck in a rut and is not improving like a 4th year QB should.

100%

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#46 : September 02, 2012, 12:46:04 PM

You people can blame  0-Blame-0 for this horrid economy

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#47 : September 02, 2012, 12:48:18 PM

In '10 when we won a few games. The "fans" claimed that it was smoke and mirrors yadda-yadda. But when Tebow, gets sacked 3 times throughs 2 ints, and wins in the last second (much like Freeman did in '10, without the INTs and sacks) He is the second coming of football jesus. Hmmmm, I wonder what it could be that is so different between the two- oh wait I already know.

I wonder what would happen if we did sign Tebow here and he begins to skip balls into the dirt on out routes. Or get murdered trying to come around the edge on Dware. OR OR~~~ His two yard jump pass to the tight end in the middle of the field that causes D.Clark to get his head blown up. The "fans" claim that if we win "they will go". How many loses will it take with Tebow at the helm before they stop going?

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

OKC_Buc

Starter

#48 : September 02, 2012, 02:04:28 PM

Im not a big Freeman fan but even if I was these are the QBs id have ranked above him in fantasy:

1) Brady
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Newton
5) Stafford
6) Ryan
7) Vick
8 ) Manning
9) Manning
10) Griffin
12) Big Ben
13) Cutler
14) Luck
15) Flaco

then I'd take Freeman. I may have missed some people too.

I think you forgot Rivers and Schaub

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 02, 2012, 02:06:51 PM

Freeman will be our starter this year. No matter how the fans feel about him. If he sux then he won't be. If he plays well. He will still be our qb. I hope he plays great and is our qb for a LONG time.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#50 : September 04, 2012, 07:57:38 PM

Got a nickname for #5 if he **CENSORED**s up:

Josh Kournikova.
"Looks like a QB-- just ain't one."

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#51 : September 04, 2012, 07:58:17 PM

That's an insult to Kournikova.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#52 : September 05, 2012, 03:04:24 AM

That's an insult to Kournikova.

JR, are you telling me that you of all people can't picture Free in a mini-skirt? lol.. Just bustin' your balls, man!  :D

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 05, 2012, 08:01:14 AM

Blah, boring. Java being Java.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bamabucs

Starter

#54 : September 05, 2012, 11:02:54 AM

So you make up a story and state it as a fact in the thread title? Not well played sir.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#55 : September 05, 2012, 11:15:25 AM

And what part of the story do you think is made up?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#56 : September 05, 2012, 11:27:04 AM

Espn the largest fantasy football site in the world has this.
% of players on fantasy football rosters
Freeman 91.8% freeman 17 out of 32 starters
Joe flacco 91.4%
Andy dalton 87.9%
Mark Sanchez  7.9%
Tim Tebow 25.2% not even the highest back up
Maybe your friends are just idiots
Also: that's higher than where he ended the season last year. So that would mean the confidence level would be up..right?

I don't really think you can use sites like this to prove a point on people's perception of Freeman... for the good or bad.  Even Java's 65% on Yahoo isn't a good guage either.  The reason I say this is because of the "Auto Draft feature".  All of these websites have their own projections and scoring systems and just give the best player (by that system), to the team not drafting.  I am in 9 fantasy leagues, [money] - 2 Dynasty (Freeman is only on 1 of those rosters), 1 Keeper league (Freeman went undrafted), 3 Redrafts (Freeman is on 1 roster).  In my non-money league, Freeman was on all 3 rosters, but is now on 1.  The two people who had Freeman, had him auto-drafted by the website and they have since dropped Freeman.  So, of 9 leagues, Freeman is on 3.

I can also add, that in those 9 leagues...
Tebow is on 1 of the dynasty teams
Sanchez is on 1 of the dynasty teams
Flacco is on 1
Russell Wilson is on 4
Alex Smith and Sam Bradford are on 7
Luck, Newton, Griffen, and Dalton are on all 9
Gabbert is on 1

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#57 : September 05, 2012, 11:29:24 AM

Im not a big Freeman fan but even if I was these are the QBs id have ranked above him in fantasy:

1) Brady
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Newton
5) Stafford
6) Ryan
7) Vick
8 ) Manning
9) Manning
10) Griffin
12) Big Ben
13) Cutler
14) Luck
15) Flaco

then I'd take Freeman. I may have missed some people too.

I think you forgot Rivers and Schaub

I'd take Freeman over Flacco.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#58 : September 05, 2012, 01:01:18 PM

Freeman over Flacco? why??

Freeman- 1 good year; inconsistent
Flacco- pretty solid EVERY year

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#59 : September 05, 2012, 01:11:54 PM

I dont think we should be comparing Freeman to anybody. He had a bad year last year. No other QB lost 10 games in a row. Its pretty obvious that if the guy plays like that this year hes gone. Fan confidence should be low in Freeman after last year. I do think however that if he plays to take care of the ball he will be a much better QB. Last year he tried way too much with nothing around him. This year he has weapons. Hes got VJack whos as big as he is and is a deep threat. Easy completions there. Hes finally got a RB who can block and catch. Hes much more equipped this year and doesnt have to do everything on his own. Im still uneasy because of last year but I feel a lot better knowing that hes got some weapons and he can be smarter with the ball. He doesnt have to force things like he did last year. I also think our defense will be better and will keep scores closer. Another thing that takes pressure off. I mean I dont care who you are at QB, it would really suck to have to come back every game and score 35 points every game to win. Especially when your offense doesnt have the playmakers to score a lot of points. Id say right now he does. I think we will see a better Freeman this year.
: September 05, 2012, 01:14:04 PM BucBalla85
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Confidence in Josh Freeman appears to be at an all time low « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools