Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Confidence in Josh Freeman appears to be at an all time low « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#60 : September 05, 2012, 01:20:03 PM

See a better Freeman?  Cool.  When?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#61 : September 05, 2012, 01:25:36 PM

Starting this Sunday. Im not saying hes gonna be Tom Brady or Elite here but I think we see a smarter Freeman this year. If he does that he will have a much better year than last year.

smove28

Starter

#62 : September 05, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

I have been the biggest Freeman supporter out there. And I have to say that I saw what was going on last year and he cannot be blamed for the complete lack of talent + lack of coaching on this team. It was a disaster that no young QB could have overcome. That being said, I have not liked what I have seen this preseason. I hope that my faith in the talent I think he has is rewarded with a great season, but if not it's time to move on.

He has the talent at the skill positions around him this year, I can no longer excuse bad play and bad decisions. I am not looking for a bunch of wins from him this year, but I gotta see something that tells me that our weapons are not going to waste w/ him at QB. I think he is a great kid and a good representative of the Bucs, but if he can't play, he can't play. I cannot and will not give him a pass this year. Go Bucs!!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#63 : September 05, 2012, 01:43:57 PM

Freeman over Flacco? why??

Freeman- 1 good year; inconsistent
Flacco- pretty solid EVERY year

Flacco has had a great running game, reliable (not great), receivers, and an elite defense every year he's been there.  Yet, only once has he had a rating in the 90's.  His numbers are entirely too pedestrian for a QB with a team like that.  There's a reason he's going into this final year of his contract without a new deal in place.  Teams do not let their franchise QB test the free agent market.  No, he won't be an unrestricted free agent, but there certainly isn't any team in this league that would give up 2 first round picks for Flacco.  He's an average QB on a great team.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#64 : September 05, 2012, 01:47:38 PM

Flacco has been on a much better team. Hes had lots of pressure taken off of him while ALL the pressure was on Freeman last year. Then again this league is about wins. Doesnt matter who you got on your team. People only remember the W's.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#65 : September 05, 2012, 01:52:32 PM

I would agree that fan confidence in Freeman probably is at an all time low.  Still, as a Buc fan, I'm still hopeful he's gonna play better this year. 

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#66 : September 05, 2012, 02:04:27 PM

Flacco has been on a much better team. Hes had lots of pressure taken off of him while ALL the pressure was on Freeman last year. Then again this league is about wins. Doesnt matter who you got on your team. People only remember the W's.

Point taken. 

But why the poor mechanics, wobbly throws and staring down the primary target?  Flacco has a stronger arm too.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#67 : September 05, 2012, 02:12:13 PM

Point taken. 

But why the poor mechanics, wobbly throws and staring down the primary target?  Flacco has a stronger arm too.

According to Dan Marino after the Cincy game a few years back when Freeman made that sideline throw to spurlock from the opposite hash, Freeman, can make throws only a few NFL starters are even capable of. Marino was positvley gushing about that throw.  I complain about the mechanics and staring down recievers but I'd put his arm strength and physical tools up against anybody.  Really that makes it even worse if he doesn't succeed.

: September 05, 2012, 02:19:18 PM jbear

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#68 : September 05, 2012, 02:32:10 PM

This thread will look silly if Freeman blows up this year with a lot of weapons around him and a competent coaching staff.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#69 : September 05, 2012, 02:36:03 PM

A question I have for the Freeman doubters. Who did Freeman have last year as a weapon? K2?? Dude is on his way out of the league. Williams? Barely got open with the double teams. Benn? Was barely on the field. Who did he have at RB to dump the ball off to when the pressure came?? It was Graham and he did a fine job at it and even got us first downs like he is supposed to. Who did we have to replace him. Motha**CENSORED**in LUMPKIN! Yea hes the guy you want to dump the ball off to. Hes got the weapons now to at the very least have an average season. If he takes care of the ball he can really have a great season again. I think he can do it. GO BUCS!!

Pewterman

Starter

#70 : September 05, 2012, 02:58:17 PM

Again, I feel that it's not fair the Freeman is being judged on 2011 solely. I'm pretty sure he was damn good in 2010 so what that says to me is that this year should finally tell us who Freeman is. Like everyone else on this team who was given a clean slate, Freeman should too. If he plays bad, get someone else. If he plays great, there's plenty of room on the band wagon for you. But really. Stop being butt-hurt about last season. The season starts tonight so give the guy a break. He at least deserves the benefit of a third full season. He's not getting replaced. So stop spamming the board with how great Tebow is(n't) or how high he was on your fantasy board. Even as a Buc fan I wouldn't draft him because his stock not only dropped but there's 10 other QBs who would help me win my game every week. It's not a lack in faith with Freeman. It's fantasy common sense. There's no team loyalty in Fantasy football. That's how you lose.

sandogbuc

Second String

#71 : September 05, 2012, 03:11:59 PM

Motha**CENSORED**in LUMPKIN!

this thread is nothing more than Java stirring the pot.

Freeman might replicate 2010 or he might be terrible but to rush to judgement after last years debacle is silly talk. It's a fact that once Graham went down this offense went to pot. If anything I blame Dominick for not either resigning Cadillac or bringing in a competent 3rd down back to replace him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#72 : September 05, 2012, 03:20:05 PM

this thread is nothing more than Java stirring the pot.

Freeman might replicate 2010 or he might be terrible but to rush to judgement after last years debacle is silly talk. It's a fact that once Graham went down this offense went to pot. If anything I blame Dominick for not either resigning Cadillac or bringing in a competent 3rd down back to replace him.

Dom did a very poor job last year. Also Graham went down around week 6. We had 10 weeks to see how bad Lumpkin was and he never replaced him. It was like he wanted to see our offense struggle out there.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#73 : September 05, 2012, 03:21:14 PM

It's a fact that once Graham went down this offense went to pot.
That would explain a lot. Lmao!

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#74 : September 05, 2012, 03:22:14 PM

A question I have for the Freeman doubters. Who did Freeman have last year as a weapon? K2?? Dude is on his way out of the league. Williams? Barely got open with the double teams. Benn? Was barely on the field. Who did he have at RB to dump the ball off to when the pressure came?? It was Graham and he did a fine job at it and even got us first downs like he is supposed to. Who did we have to replace him. Motha**CENSORED**in LUMPKIN! Yea hes the guy you want to dump the ball off to. Hes got the weapons now to at the very least have an average season. If he takes care of the ball he can really have a great season again. I think he can do it. GO BUCS!!

Lumpkin will go down in history as a comparable player to the likes of Todd Steussie,Tim Brown,Bert Emanuel and Dwayne Rudd etc,etc

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Confidence in Josh Freeman appears to be at an all time low « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools