Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Confidence in Josh Freeman appears to be at an all time low « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#105 : September 06, 2012, 03:52:20 PM

Josh had a bad year last year.   Whether it was the lack of talent around him, trying to do too much, being so far behind so quickly...most likely a combination of all of these factors.   For those who blame Josh for the 10 losses in a row (and you know who you are)...I could have sworn there were 52 other players and a coaching staff who shared the responsibility for the stinkfest that was the last 10 games of 2011.

I find it simply remarkable how many alleged Bucs fans are sitting back and hoping Josh doesn't succeed...to what end?  So you can crow about how you were right all along?   A BUCS fan hopes like hell that Josh returns to 2010 form and becomes our franchise QB for the next 15 years...so we can concentrate on other needs in the draft/free agency.   Only those with a personal agenda root for their team's QB to fail...or gloat in that failure.   

It's sad how many people don't know the difference between "hope" and "expect".  I "hope" Freeman succeeds... I don't "expect" him to.  See the difference there?  It means that while I believe he will end up somewhere else next April, it doesn't mean I'm rooting against him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#106 : September 06, 2012, 03:57:53 PM

Josh had a bad year last year.   Whether it was the lack of talent around him, trying to do too much, being so far behind so quickly...most likely a combination of all of these factors.   For those who blame Josh for the 10 losses in a row (and you know who you are)...I could have sworn there were 52 other players and a coaching staff who shared the responsibility for the stinkfest that was the last 10 games of 2011.

I find it simply remarkable how many alleged Bucs fans are sitting back and hoping Josh doesn't succeed...to what end?  So you can crow about how you were right all along?   A BUCS fan hopes like hell that Josh returns to 2010 form and becomes our franchise QB for the next 15 years...so we can concentrate on other needs in the draft/free agency.   Only those with a personal agenda root for their team's QB to fail...or gloat in that failure.   

It's sad how many people don't know the difference between "hope" and "expect".  I "hope" Freeman succeeds... I don't "expect" him to.  See the difference there?  It means that while I believe he will end up somewhere else next April, it doesn't mean I'm rooting against him.

Thats good to know. Im glad you want to see him succeed. In the end it doesnt matter what we think is gonna happen. Its about him and what he wants. Hes got the ability. Is he putting in the work? Is he doing all that he can to succeed? Thats gonna be the thing for him because hes got all the weapons now that he didnt last year.

jlr0714

Starter
#107 : September 06, 2012, 03:58:53 PM

People who spend their time writing about how much he sucks and how he IS going to fail cannot convince me that they are 'hoping' or 'expecting' him to succeed.  Maybe you don't fall into that category, but there are a hell of a lot of people on this site who do.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#108 : September 06, 2012, 04:04:13 PM

By "hell of a lot," do you mean four or five?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#109 : September 06, 2012, 04:10:08 PM

As one of the winningest coaches in Pro sports once said about coaching: " if you listen to the fans you will end up sitting with them."... ;)

jlr0714

Starter
#110 : September 06, 2012, 04:13:02 PM

More than I would expect on a fan site that is supposed to be filled with Buccaneer fans.  Although from my perspective any so called fan who openly roots for the failure of their starting QB isn't really a fan of the team.    Real fans don't root for failure.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#111 : September 06, 2012, 04:13:53 PM

People who spend their time writing about how much he sucks and how he IS going to fail cannot convince me that they are 'hoping' or 'expecting' him to succeed.  Maybe you don't fall into that category, but there are a hell of a lot of people on this site who do.

It keeps getting mentioned because some people confuse the arguments and the points of view.  They think that if you believe someone on their team isn't that good, then you must be a hater and want them to fail.  That's not the case at all, even with Java.  Those of us who think that he won't be any good, are just standing by our original assessment, and not swaying with the direction the wind is blowing that week.  I'm willing to be accountable for how I feel.  I'm not perfect and I'm not always right... the same with everyone else here.  The difference is that when a homer is wrong, he claims "I can't believe you want ... to fail".  When the non homer is wrong, the homer likes to point that out to the "homer annointed hater" that he was wrong.  It's the high and mighty attitude that some people have that rub others the wrong way.

More than I would expect on a fan site that is supposed to be filled with Buccaneer fans.  Although from my perspective any so called fan who openly roots for the failure of their starting QB isn't really a fan of the team.    Real fans don't root for failure.

That's where you're at fault.  As far as I know, because I don't read every single post, not one single person on this board ever said "I hope Freeman stinks and we lose".  You're reading into that because you want to.
: September 06, 2012, 04:17:54 PM TBayXXXVII

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#112 : September 06, 2012, 04:20:39 PM

Im a pretty big homer but these days I really dont care if Im wrong or if somebody thinks negatively about the team. Everybody has got their own opinions and rightfully so. No need to get pissed off about it. In the end its just football.

jlr0714

Starter
#113 : September 06, 2012, 04:22:54 PM

Yeah...a fan that calls him 'Freetard' is really rooting for his success.   A fan that says that Tebow would be a better starting QB is really rooting for his success.   I'm not suggesting that all should be milk & honey...but the level of negativity that permeates this board is off-putting.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#114 : September 06, 2012, 04:26:42 PM

Theres plenty of negativity but that comes with the board. Honestly Im surprised that many havent just gotten used to it by now and just brushed it aside if it bothered them that much. In the end the "trolls" are being fed with negativity in return so its just a constant circle that doesnt stop until somebody is just indifferent or positive enough to push it aside and allow that person to just have their opinion. If the guy is trying to get attention. Dont give it to them and they will stop. Its really as simple as that.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#115 : September 06, 2012, 04:29:21 PM

That's two. Is that what you meant by "a hell of a lot"?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TheQ

Starter

#116 : September 06, 2012, 04:30:06 PM

The fate of the team this year rests in Freeman's hands....it's up to him to lead...if he doesn't he won't be starting here next year.
I hope he comes out and plays lights out from the opening game...will he? I don't know....but I want him to.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#117 : September 06, 2012, 04:35:36 PM

The fate of the team this year rests in Freeman's hands....it's up to him to lead...if he doesn't he won't be starting here next year.
I hope he comes out and plays lights out from the opening game...will he? I don't know....but I want him to.

Yes hes got alot of pressure on his back now. Thats good though we will see what we got in the big guy. I look forward to seeing it.

NovaBuc

Starter

#118 : September 06, 2012, 05:44:21 PM

Was back in Tampa last weekend for a fantasy draft and to catch the Bulls game against UTC. Freeman was drafted in the 6th round in our draft of mostly Bucs fans. Several comments of 'good pick this year' from not only the people in our league but other patrons at the restaurant we held the draft at. So I'd say there is still enthusiasm for Freeman out there in the Tampa area.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#119 : September 07, 2012, 09:47:45 AM

Was back in Tampa last weekend for a fantasy draft and to catch the Bulls game against UTC. Freeman was drafted in the 6th round in our draft of mostly Bucs fans. Several comments of 'good pick this year' from not only the people in our league but other patrons at the restaurant we held the draft at. So I'd say there is still enthusiasm for Freeman out there in the Tampa area.

LOL... that's not enthusiasm, that's absolutely stupid!  His ADP was around the 13th or 14th round.  To take him in the 6th is probably the dumbest draft pick in your draft.  The good comments were from people laughing at the guy who took Freeman.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fan Confidence in Josh Freeman appears to be at an all time low « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools