Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Tampa Bay versus Carolina Gameday Thread! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 84

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: September 02, 2012, 01:38:21 PM

In before Morgan!

Anyone have a preliminary weather report?  Been a damned long time coming, and I am so damned pumped for this game...getting giddy!

Will Carolina be starting DeAngelo or Stewart?  Or is Stewart still banged up?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 02, 2012, 01:44:20 PM

I love the race to get these threads started!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 02, 2012, 01:48:11 PM

Just wanted to IRK Morgan.

Still curious about their running back situation.  No Stewart would be nice.  Put the load on Tolbert and Williams.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : September 02, 2012, 01:51:26 PM

Just an FYI, you're cursed the Bucs since you've started a Game Day Thread over a week before kickoff.

We now have someone to blame if the Bucs lose the opener and their eleventh straight game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 02, 2012, 01:52:31 PM

Just an FYI, you're cursed the Bucs since you've started a Game Day Thread over a week before kickoff.

We now have someone to blame if the Bucs lose the opener and their eleventh straight game.
I KNEW it would piss you off!

QBD!

Are you the OFFICIAL CURSE MASTER as well?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Grow up punk.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#5 : September 02, 2012, 01:56:27 PM

Bump

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 02, 2012, 01:59:13 PM

Just wanted to IRK Morgan.

Still curious about their running back situation.  No Stewart would be nice.  Put the load on Tolbert and Williams.

That offense is loaded with talent.  I hope Barron sets the tone early and drops the hammer on them often.

Turn the page.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 02, 2012, 02:01:39 PM

Gotta love the OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL threads.... depending on the author, they're awesome!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 02, 2012, 02:02:59 PM

Gotta love the OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL threads.... depending on the author, they're awesome!!
Morgan is so damned mad right now....making me laugh out loud. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 02, 2012, 02:03:33 PM

Week from now will this place be pissed or pleased? I'll go out on a limb and say pissed. Even if we're winning.

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 02, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

Look for Cam to struggle against the Bucs defense. I've seen alot of man to man and zone blitzes and we have the starting cb's to do it. We have to blitz if we plan on flushing Cam out of the pocket b/c the panthers oline held their own against the Jets starters for 2 qrtrs. They opened holes in the run game and they have a stable of good backs. Depite seeing flashes of stoutness from our run D this preseason, I'm still concerned about it and or tackling. Hopefully we get an early lead and are doing the running.
Speaking of offense, here it is 7 days before the game and we don't know who our gaurd is. Other than Nicks that is. I'm still confident that line can get it done and give Martin room to run, especially against a weak panthers dline. Other than their big ticket Johnson, they don't look so good on the dline. And even Johnson can be handled. The panthers think that LB is the strongest position on their team and they're right but thats not saying much. Thats how bad their D is. Their best position is LB and their best LB is a rookie who hasn't even played in a real NFL game. Sure Beason and Davis are good but they haven't played as a unit, with Kuechly, ever. Don't get me started on their secondary. I'll just put it like this, Sanchez looked good against them and the Jets have like one reciever.
Overall I like our chances in the season opener and my only real concern on D is letting Cam create outside the pocket. Pressure i3 a good thing but lack of containment could kill is and Cam has shown the ability to do it constantly against our D.
I have more concerns abut our offense but it all boils down to the oline. If we can sustain long scoring drives we win. If we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, missed assignments, and turnovers, we lose.

Bucs 23
Panthers 13

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#11 : September 02, 2012, 02:24:47 PM

Boid you should be placed on the watch list for not including Tim Tebow in the title of the thread.

On another note... TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 02, 2012, 02:33:01 PM

Morgan is so damned mad right now....making me laugh out loud.

Ha!!!

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 02, 2012, 02:34:56 PM

Look for Cam to struggle against the Bucs defense. I've seen alot of man to man and zone blitzes and we have the starting cb's to do it. We have to blitz if we plan on flushing Cam out of the pocket b/c the panthers oline held their own against the Jets starters for 2 qrtrs. They opened holes in the run game and they have a stable of good backs. Depite seeing flashes of stoutness from our run D this preseason, I'm still concerned about it and or tackling. Hopefully we get an early lead and are doing the running.
Speaking of offense, here it is 7 days before the game and we don't know who our gaurd is. Other than Nicks that is. I'm still confident that line can get it done and give Martin room to run, especially against a weak panthers dline. Other than their big ticket Johnson, they don't look so good on the dline. And even Johnson can be handled. The panthers think that LB is the strongest position on their team and they're right but thats not saying much. Thats how bad their D is. Their best position is LB and their best LB is a rookie who hasn't even played in a real NFL game. Sure Beason and Davis are good but they haven't played as a unit, with Kuechly, ever. Don't get me started on their secondary. I'll just put it like this, Sanchez looked good against them and the Jets have like one reciever.
Overall I like our chances in the season opener and my only real concern on D is letting Cam create outside the pocket. Pressure i3 a good thing but lack of containment could kill is and Cam has shown the ability to do it constantly against our D.
I have more concerns abut our offense but it all boils down to the oline. If we can sustain long scoring drives we win. If we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, missed assignments, and turnovers, we lose.

Bucs 23
Panthers 13

Hope you're right about the score.  Would be a nice start to the season.   For the record, Beason is recovering very slowly from a hamstring injury and hasn't done much this preseason.  He's a stud out there and hopefully his absence or at the very least "rust" will allow the Bucs to move the ball much more easily.

Turn the page.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 02, 2012, 02:48:52 PM

lol, boid....you should probably start deleting your posts now to make it really official.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 84
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Tampa Bay versus Carolina Gameday Thread! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools