Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Tampa Bay versus Carolina Gameday Thread! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 84

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 02, 2012, 02:49:16 PM

Look for Cam to struggle against the Bucs defense. I've seen alot of man to man and zone blitzes and we have the starting cb's to do it. We have to blitz if we plan on flushing Cam out of the pocket b/c the panthers oline held their own against the Jets starters for 2 qrtrs. They opened holes in the run game and they have a stable of good backs. Depite seeing flashes of stoutness from our run D this preseason, I'm still concerned about it and or tackling. Hopefully we get an early lead and are doing the running.
Speaking of offense, here it is 7 days before the game and we don't know who our gaurd is. Other than Nicks that is. I'm still confident that line can get it done and give Martin room to run, especially against a weak panthers dline. Other than their big ticket Johnson, they don't look so good on the dline. And even Johnson can be handled. The panthers think that LB is the strongest position on their team and they're right but thats not saying much. Thats how bad their D is. Their best position is LB and their best LB is a rookie who hasn't even played in a real NFL game. Sure Beason and Davis are good but they haven't played as a unit, with Kuechly, ever. Don't get me started on their secondary. I'll just put it like this, Sanchez looked good against them and the Jets have like one reciever.
Overall I like our chances in the season opener and my only real concern on D is letting Cam create outside the pocket. Pressure i3 a good thing but lack of containment could kill is and Cam has shown the ability to do it constantly against our D.
I have more concerns abut our offense but it all boils down to the oline. If we can sustain long scoring drives we win. If we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, missed assignments, and turnovers, we lose.

Bucs 23
Panthers 13

Hope you're right about the score.  Would be a nice start to the season.   For the record, Beason is recovering very slowly from a hamstring injury and hasn't done much this preseason.  He's a stud out there and hopefully his absence or at the very least "rust" will allow the Bucs to move the ball much more easily.
That's what I'm hoping for.
My predicition reflects a game where the panthers makes more mistakes and turnovers than us. Schiano has changed the look of this team and even the Pats fans noticed it saying the Bucs were more focused and prepared than the Patriots.
Plus our defense is greatly underrated.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 02, 2012, 03:01:25 PM

Just read that Beason is expected to start vs the Bucs.
Hopefully, he won't shake off the cobwebs in Week 1.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 02, 2012, 03:02:49 PM

I'll say we are down 13-17 at the half but Bucs win 27-24.

Go Bucs!

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 02, 2012, 03:03:05 PM

My predicition reflects a game where the panthers makes more mistakes and turnovers than us.

I'm hoping that Cam comes out drunk on his own juices from last year and that our defense will capitalize on his mistakes.
Could happen....

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 02, 2012, 03:06:43 PM

Go Bucs!

Can't Sundays ever be simple?   :)
I'd prefer 34-14 Bucs with the Bucs being up big at the half.

Your scenario is good too.  A close nail-biting win beats a heartbreaking loss.

Turn the page.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 02, 2012, 03:12:53 PM

You making a game this year BF?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 02, 2012, 03:14:12 PM

Go Bucs!

Can't Sundays ever be simple?   :)
I'd prefer 34-14 Bucs with the Bucs being up big at the half.

Your scenario is good too.  A close nail-biting win beats a heartbreaking loss.

Nope.. This team has been the sole reason I can't get off my blood pressure meds. LOL

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 02, 2012, 03:57:49 PM

Panthers gonna be up 24 to 20 when we get the ball back at our own 35 with 1:24 to go. One time out. Couple dump offs to Martin gets us to their 40 and then a last second laser to Mike Will across the middle for the TD and the win.

Too much?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 02, 2012, 04:02:12 PM

lol, boid....you should probably start deleting your posts now to make it really official.

If he doesn't, then this thread is a sham.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 02, 2012, 04:10:49 PM

Panthers gonna be up 24 to 20 when we get the ball back at our own 35 with 1:24 to go. One time out. Couple dump offs to Martin gets us to their 40 and then a last second laser to Mike Will across the middle for the TD and the win.

Too much?

Feel like I've seen this movie far too many times.
 :)

But after last season, I'll take it.

Turn the page.

richbucsfan

Starter

#25 : September 02, 2012, 04:15:22 PM

man, I can't believe that you non-believers think the Bucs will only win by a few ...  Bucs 48-Panthers 0.  Now, that's a score from a fan.  C'mon now.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 02, 2012, 04:19:13 PM

Boid, you were asking about this:

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk

Smith, Beason return to Panthers practice, Stewart doesn't http://wp.me/p14QSB-514u

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 02, 2012, 04:24:07 PM

Can't wait to see how our D does vs Cam. If they are able to contain him we should be able to create some turnovers. Freeman needs to get back to running when nothing is there. Can't wait to see how Martin and Blount do behind the Oline. Vincent Jackson's first game as a Buc. How does he do guys?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 02, 2012, 04:24:44 PM

Exactly one week till the 2012 season kicks-off. So amped for some Buc ball. Lets get the state of our franchise turned around THIS YEAR!!

Can I get a TAMPA.........

richbucsfan

Starter

#29 : September 02, 2012, 04:31:04 PM

Yeah, Buddy ... Blount 175 yds rushing    Muscle Hamster 225 rushing    Freeman 385 passing   4 TDs     Defense 10 sacks  4 picks    We're going wipe 'em out.   "Fire the cannons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 84
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Tampa Bay versus Carolina Gameday Thread! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools