Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's Issues according to WalterFootball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

OKC_Buc

Starter

#15 : September 02, 2012, 03:03:22 PM

Freeman is a zombie?

That's what I'm saying.....I'm wondering if maybe his personal issues are alcohol or drug related.  I had heard before that Freeman was a party animal.
O Rly?

Navy Buc like there....

link?

Are you requesting a link from me?

yes. or are you just throwing out unsubstantiated rumors?

Well it would make sense to quote the correct poster if you were indeed looking for a response.

No, I don't have a link.  As I said above, I had HEARD it.  Meaning that I listened to it.  I did not say he abuses drugs or alcohol but had HEARD he was a partier.  I believe in a business where lots of money come into play with people that often fail drug tests and find themselves on the wrong end of the law that it is a question that can be asked with justification. 

Oh and just because it's not on the internet posted by a reporter or blogger does not mean that it's not real either.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#16 : September 02, 2012, 03:09:01 PM

This is unsubstantiated gossip.

This thread should be closed.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 02, 2012, 03:13:42 PM

Freeman is a zombie?

That's what I'm saying.....I'm wondering if maybe his personal issues are alcohol or drug related.  I had heard before that Freeman was a party animal.
O Rly?

Navy Buc like there....

link?

Are you requesting a link from me?

yes. or are you just throwing out unsubstantiated rumors?

Well it would make sense to quote the correct poster if you were indeed looking for a response.

No, I don't have a link.  As I said above, I had HEARD it.  Meaning that I listened to it.  I did not say he abuses drugs or alcohol but had HEARD he was a partier.  I believe in a business where lots of money come into play with people that often fail drug tests and find themselves on the wrong end of the law that it is a question that can be asked with justification. 

Oh and just because it's not on the internet posted by a reporter or blogger does not mean that it's not real either.

i heard you were buttered down by 6 men and taken advantage of while you were in a drunken stupor...........see what I did there?

i HEARD it, i did not say you like getting smashed and then getting smashed by dudes.

clearly saying i heard it makes it ok.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

OKC_Buc

Starter

#18 : September 02, 2012, 03:13:49 PM

Are we not allowed to discuss topics unless they have been reported by so called "news" agencies? Are we that blinded by the internet?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 02, 2012, 03:17:10 PM

Are we not allowed to discuss topics unless they have been reported by so called "news" agencies? Are we that blinded by the internet?

rumors that negatively impact a player, coach etc. without proof is one of the few things they actually moderate on these boards. Its why Navy Buc was banned along with a few others. Unless you have proof or a link, dont post it.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 02, 2012, 03:27:51 PM

If you are stuck behind a PC most nights it might be hard to fathom, but these guys are out all the time. People run with that, weather the guy was drunk or sober if you are out at   2am  at a bar it does not look good. No link needed, seen it plenty of times with my own eyes. Personally don't think it's a big deal if they are having fun on off days.

OKC_Buc

Starter

#21 : September 02, 2012, 03:31:17 PM

If you are stuck behind a PC most nights it might be hard to fathom, but these guys are out all the time. People run with that, weather the guy was drunk or sober if you are out at   2am  at a bar it does not look good. No link needed, seen it plenty of times with my own eyes. Personally don't think it's a big deal if they are having fun on off days.

I completely agree.  What this guy is saying though is that unless it can be documented by a link, it's not true and is all rumor.  Just like that you saw him in the club, it's bogus unless he can see it in writing.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 02, 2012, 03:48:59 PM

I completely agree.  What this guy is saying though is that unless it can be documented by a link, it's not true and is all rumor.  Just like that you saw him in the club, it's bogus unless he can see it in writing.

For what it is worth, I don't think that is what he is saying and it really is not that complicated.  You are posting and unsubstantiated rumor ANONYMOUSLY about a real person and his real career.  I am not sure what PR thinks about that, but it would seem that self-governance is in order. If you can't grasp that then just turn the tables.  Imagine that you, like most, are trying to have a life and a career and now a whole bunch of people on a message board start posting anonymously that you (the actual you, by name, not your anonymous screen name) are a drug addict or a rapist or some other bad thing and here's the important part .. IT's ALL FALSE.  Don't you think you would resent that and worry about the volume of people anonymously discussing a false rumor would make amny believe it was true??  Don't you think that you would be frustrated by the fact that you could not confront your accusers because they were all anonymous?

Simple rule: if you are posting an accusation ANONYMOUSLY that you would not say to the persons face or in public, something is wrong.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 02, 2012, 03:55:26 PM

rumors that negatively impact a player, coach etc. without proof is one of the few things they actually moderate on these boards. Its why Navy Buc was banned along with a few others. Unless you have proof or a link, dont post it.

If true, they might want to do some reflecting.

Weekly, the media speculate on injuries, coaching scheme and ability, whether they perceive a player to be injury prone, all speculative, all with the potential to effect public perception.

Where do we draw the line?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 02, 2012, 04:01:16 PM

Weekly, the media speculate on injuries, coaching scheme and ability, whether they perceive a player to be injury prone, all speculative, all with the potential to effect public perception.

The OP says nothing really, only that he can't get into the specifics. Some leap to conclusions. If you see someone out at 2 in the morning does not mean anything really. Freeman is a hardworking kid, no reason to over react if he is out late on off days imo. Totally random but  I seen Simeon Rice out late partying, pretty cool. Didn't know he was still around this area.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 02, 2012, 04:05:40 PM

where the line should be drawn may be a good topic for debate but can we all agree that claiming a young kid has a drinking/drug problem with no proof and doing so anonymously is way over the line, wherever we agree to put it?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

OKC_Buc

Starter

#26 : September 02, 2012, 04:15:54 PM

where the line should be drawn may be a good topic for debate but can we all agree that claiming a young kid has a drinking/drug problem with no proof and doing so anonymously is way over the line, wherever we agree to put it?

Can you pinpoint anywhere in my posts where I said he indeed had an alcohol/drug problem?  I think the question her  is your interpretation of the word partier.  To someone, that could just mean frequenting nightclubs and bars.  Also to wonder if a 24 year old kid could mistakenly slip into a lifestyle of drinking a little bit more than he should at the ripe old age of 24 is far from being over the line Mr. Fuddy Duddy.  What rock do you live under?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 02, 2012, 04:22:27 PM

Can you pinpoint anywhere in my posts where I said he indeed had an alcohol/drug problem?  I think the question her  is your interpretation of the word partier.  To someone, that could just mean frequenting nightclubs and bars.  Also to wonder if a 24 year old kid could mistakenly slip into a lifestyle of drinking a little bit more than he should at the ripe old age of 24 is far from being over the line Mr. Fuddy Duddy.  What rock do you live under?

Frankly, having read your stuff I would not expect you to grasp the point, so I will just move on.  By the way, the "I did not post it explicitly" defense is a real **CENSORED** azz defense.  Gotta love a guy ANONYMOUSLY posting total BS and then defending him self by say it was only implied. :-)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 02, 2012, 04:41:14 PM

There are plenty of unsubstantiated threads - didn't need another.  Insofar as folks having links to Freeman's bad habits - haven't seen any.  As to hearing a lot about buccaneers Freeman included enjoying the night life on South Howard there is a lot of that. 

As to that being a problem - that is between Freeman and his team/staff. 

Lastly - I don't recall to many folks using their names on this board, varying levels of anonymous posting is the norm here. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

sandogbuc

Second String

#29 : September 02, 2012, 04:46:34 PM

I would hope a 24 year old kid is out at 2am having some fun, as long as he isnt doing it the night before a game and keeps his name out of the press and off the police arrest sheet, I dont see what the big deal is.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's Issues according to WalterFootball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools