Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's laughing now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 02, 2012, 08:19:01 PM

Seahawks release tight end Kellen Winslow for economic reasons

By Josh Katzowitz     CBS Sports.com
September 1, 2012 5:57 pm ET

Winslow is now looking for work. (Getty)

You might recall in May that there was a bit of a brouhaha concerning tight end Kellen Winslow when he was traded to Seattle by new Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano because Tampa Bay's coaching staff didn't appreciate Winslow not showing up for voluntary offseason workouts. In response, Winslow claimed Schiano didn't want anybody laughing in practice and that he had to roll out of there.

Who's laughing now?

Well, nobody really, because, the Seahawks announced they have released Winslow on Saturday.

While the move was somewhat surprising, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that Winslow's injury-prone ways, his high contract and the team's depth at tight end made Winslow expendeable.

Originally, Winslow was supposed to make a $3.3 million base salary with Tampa Bay after signing a six-year, $36.1 million contract in 2009. Now, one team later, Winslow is looking for work.

Perhaps, um, New England is an option.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 02, 2012, 08:25:02 PM

3.3 million is too much?   LOL!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 02, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

He'll have a job in a week. Nobody wanted him on their roster week 1when his contract becomes guaranteed for the year with that bum knee.

thecandidate

Second String

#3 : September 02, 2012, 09:24:14 PM

He'll play this year just not at 3.3 lol ...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 02, 2012, 09:37:18 PM

Not so sure he gets a gig.  Unless some team really gets racked with injuries early on.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 02, 2012, 10:22:08 PM

So he collects no paycheck?

He ain't a BUC no more, as I said months ago, so I could care less.

Go look that up Doloris and Java, you retards.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 02, 2012, 11:05:55 PM

Good riddance!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 02, 2012, 11:17:56 PM

I'd bet that teams will wait until after the first week to sign him so his full year is not guaranteed.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#8 : September 02, 2012, 11:23:06 PM

He's a better player than Dallas Clark. Both are about useless as true TE's though....especially in a running offense like ours.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 02, 2012, 11:25:23 PM

He's a better player than Dallas Clark. Both are about useless as true TE's though....especially in a running offense like ours.
True.

If Ands Or But's aside, playing a schematic game, if K2 played with Peyton Manning, it would be gross.

Because grown men shouldn't play with each other.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 02, 2012, 11:45:15 PM

Better at what? They're both old, brittle and past their prime.... BUT one is a better teammate which is why he's employed and the other "had to roll up outta here".

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 02, 2012, 11:48:48 PM

Better at what? They're both old, brittle and past their prime.... BUT one is a better teammate which is why he's employed and the other "had to roll up outta here".
Dallas Clark is awesome.

Edit: I predict another pro bowl for DC.  And a HUGE "C" on his jersey. 
: September 02, 2012, 11:51:45 PM Boid Fink

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 02, 2012, 11:53:04 PM

I wanted Schiancoe

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 03, 2012, 12:00:45 AM

I wanted Schiancoe
So did Childress with that mustache.  Oh my!

K2 did the BUcs well in Freemans best year, so I have no HATE for him.  Free may have targeted him a trillion times, but that is not K2's fault, is it?

Free was the guy making the passes happen, and in the 10 win year, he set an NFL record for distribution.

Go figure.  K2 is no longer a Buc, so screw him.  Clark is a beast, and will snag 10 TDs, roughly 800 yards receiving, and will last 16 games.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : September 03, 2012, 12:39:49 AM

K2 is no longer a Buc, so screw him. 

Such loyalty...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's laughing now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools