Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amobi Okoye questions Greg Schiano’s character « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #15 : September 03, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »

sour ..... grapes

+1

Nothing else to see here...

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #16 : September 03, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »

From the article: "Okoye blamed the injury on returning too fast from a scope on the knee in June, causing Bucs coach Greg Schiano to make some comments hinting at an overly cautious approach from Okoye when it came to handling what Schiano characterized as a chronic knee problem.".
     So, somehow him coming back too soon is Schiano's fault? The Buc's have ALWAYS been cautious bringing guys back from injuries. Of course Okoye (and his agent) don't want his knee issue to become characterized as "chronic", as that could ultimately hurt his stock. I kinda think that's what he's crabbin' about, not coming back too soon... I'm not aware where Schiano ever said that publicly. Perhaps he did privately, but after Okoye's comment, it's public now...

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

« #17 : September 03, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »

First Winslow and now Okoye is calling out Schiano.    People used to say Gruden was disliked, but Schiano seems to be downright hated by the players.

Not too concerned when looking at that population, but I don't think it is ever good for past players to feel the need to take shots as they depart.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #18 : September 03, 2012, 03:50:56 PM »

From the article: "Okoye blamed the injury on returning too fast from a scope on the knee in June, causing Bucs coach Greg Schiano to make some comments hinting at an overly cautious approach from Okoye when it came to handling what Schiano characterized as a chronic knee problem.".
     So, somehow him coming back too soon is Schiano's fault? The Buc's have ALWAYS been cautious bringing guys back from injuries. Of course Okoye (and his agent) don't want his knee issue to become characterized as "chronic", as that could ultimately hurt his stock. I kinda think that's what he's crabbin' about, not coming back too soon... I'm not aware where Schiano ever said that publicly. Perhaps he did privately, but after Okoye's comment, it's public now...

I guess it's not like he would just come out and say, "I wanted to get back to work before this new guy fired me. I tried too quick and my knee, that isn't chronic, gave out again."

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #19 : September 03, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »

BucsWin31

Starter

« #20 : September 03, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »

He's a bust anyway....screw him

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #21 : September 03, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »

sour ..... grapes

+1

Nothing else to see here...

Agree, and I would add, that is dumb in this day and age.  The way players are bouncing around from team to team, some guys even retuning.  Best to keep your mouth shut and your options open.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

« #22 : September 03, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »

Forgotten here is that Chicago would'nt give him a contract in the first place.  Probably re-signed him on a one year for the cheap.

He somes to Tampa in April with a knee so frail that it needed to be scoped in June?   We weren't in any pads back then.  When the knee doesn't respond , it's Schiano that's the bad guy?

As bad off as we are at DT,  Okeye would be most likely just taking up a roster spot for the first month before going on IR.  With all their free time coming by November, maybe Price, K2 and Okeye can all hook up at Tanard's place for a git down.

Now here are Okeye's own words from a Trib article...

“I came out and did the conditioning test (on July 28) and it felt good after that,” Okoye said. “I played in Miami (in the preseason opener). But I just think the constant beating and beating on it was an issue. It had some swelling and I just needed to continue to rehab it. I’m out there practicing on and off and I’m basically just getting it ready for Sundays. Right now it’s feeling better than it was even before the conditioning test.”

Here's Schiano's side....

“It’s not just one surgery,” he said. “He has a history with that knee. We knew when we decided to (sign him) that there was a chance that it was going to have to be handled. . . The way he practices, how much he practices -- we are kind of just trying to feel our way through it, see what he can and can’t do.”

Then, on Thursday, Schiano – in retrospect – previewed Okoye’s release.

“You try to nudge it along a little bit – never jeopardizing the player’s health – but you can be a little more cautious at times and we’ve tried to do that,” he said. “But at the end of the day, you’ve got to go out and earn a spot.”

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/more-bucs-cuts-including-defensive-tackle-amobi-okoye

« : September 03, 2012, 05:23:54 PM Rat »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #23 : September 03, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »

“But at the end of the day, you’ve got to go out and earn a spot.”

This pretty much sums up why he isn't here ....not sure what he's crying about. Dude seems to have a sense of entitlement , and it's probably why he's been such an underachiever his entire career.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #24 : September 03, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »

It shows a complete lack of class from Okoye. He doesn't fit the mold of a Buccaneer Man. Schiano has proven himself a man of character while HC of Rutgers. He has an excellent reputation that only a total fool would attempt to attack. Okoye has done much to admire, but this was just stupid and unnecessary, much like the poster's feeble attempt to say the players hate the man. That's total and complete BS.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #25 : September 03, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »

Schiano walks a fine line with the "Gunny Highway" approach.  If it goes bad, it will get ugly.  Keeping respect from becoming contempt is his biggest task. If he can break that seal it will be success.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #26 : September 03, 2012, 06:14:58 PM »

This pretty much sums up why he isn't here ....not sure what he's crying about. Dude seems to have a sense of entitlement , and it's probably why he's been such an underachiever his entire career.
did Benn earn his spot? 

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #27 : September 03, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »

Okoye should kick rocks and be quiet about it.. Crying bcuz coach hurt his feelings.. Go enjoy riding the pine in Chicago.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #28 : September 03, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »

did Benn earn his spot?

He has been practicing, and went pretty much full bore today from what I have read.  Should be good to go Sunday.

Okoye is/was damaged goods.  He could be done if that knee is as F-uped as it sounds.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #29 : September 03, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »

First Winslow and now Okoye is calling out Schiano.    People used to say Gruden was disliked, but Schiano seems to be downright hated by the players.

Not too concerned when looking at that population, but I don't think it is ever good for past players to feel the need to take shots as they depart.

Okoye has been a class act his entire career.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amobi Okoye questions Greg Schiano’s character « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools